ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tookie will die! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
December 12th, 2005 08:30 PM
kath i think i lost track of the thread somewhere along the line.

i feel differently than i used to about the death penalty. but i abhor it, i mean the down-to-the-second countdown to the long walk crap. surely that is cruel and unusual punishment alone!

a friend of ours worked in a circle K or one of those places. he worked in one near our house when i was a kid. anyway, he got shot in the head for a six pack of beer. killed him on the spot. for 6 beers.

so...i dunno.

December 12th, 2005 09:15 PM
stonedinaustralia killing a murderer never brought a murder victim back to life as far as i know

killing murderers (or if in SE Asia drug runners)hasn't seemed to deter others from committing the same crimes

what does capital punishment achieve then?? - nothing much as far as i can see - except to pander to those with a lust for vengance which, notably, seems to be common in many who profess to be of a religious bent - which is strange when you reflect that the bible teaches that vengance is god's business, not ours - "Vengance is mine, said the Lord"

with this tookie dude - he's in for life in any event isn't he??

capital punishment is morally wrong imo (the state under no circumstances should have the right to take the life of a citizen or are our pretensions of being civilized socieities just that - pretensions) but that aside, the biggest problem i have with it is that innocent people hang (or shot or whatever method is used) - the last time a person was hung in my state was back in the sixties - an aboriginal guy whom the years have exonerated due to the emergence of new evidence which also revealed the corruption,prejudice and blood lust in the police force

December 12th, 2005 09:24 PM
Riffhard My problem with this whole issue isn't really whether this convicted murderer is put to death or not. I could care less if he lives or dies. I just want to see justice for the victims' family members. The guy was convicted,and by the law he was sentanced to die for these horrible four murders. One guy was laying face down per Tookies' orders during a robbery at a convienence store. Then for no reason Tookie blew the guy's head off with a shotgun. I have zero sympathy for this bastard.

What gets me is the Hollywood crowd turning this guy into some kind of a hero. They have never once considered the families that were destroyed by this monster. In fact I would be willing to bet not one person on this board,myself included,could name one of the victim's names! That's because this guy has been turned into some kind hero to the far left. It's insane.

Riffy
December 12th, 2005 09:25 PM
Bloozehound the only good Tookie is a dead one
December 12th, 2005 09:30 PM
quackenbush Stanley Williams murdered four people and is the founder of one of the largest street gangs in America. If he does not deserve the death penalty, I don't know who does. The fact that he is alive and being given so much coverage is outrageous.
December 12th, 2005 09:38 PM
Nellcote Guess What?
Jesse Jackson is there now, on PMSNBC!
You know this thing has ambulance chaser written on it.
Right, Jesse's calling him a "redeemed social force".
So, Tookie's not guilty, right?
Guess he's just guilty for hangin with the wrong
crowd 25 years ago, and did not do a thing.
Compelling evidence in each of these four murders has not
been overthrown.
He's been found guilty of four murders.
The state has a law.
We live in a free society, governed by our own rules.
Maybe the children who he's now written books for will
grow up not to commit the crimes he was found gulity of.

December 12th, 2005 09:41 PM
gorda Regardless of anything, death is sad.

May God have mercy on his soul.
December 12th, 2005 09:50 PM
Riffhard Oh yeah,according to Jesse he's a ""redeemed social force". Funny then that he still has shown zero remorse for the last 25 years! He has even bragged about the murders! Jesse is a joke! When is the black community gonna wake up to the reality of this media whore,and snake oil salesman?

Tookie is guilty as sin,and since his incarceration has been a trouble maker inside the prison system,but it makes the Hollywood crowd feel good about themselves to stand up for him. Even though none of them give two shits for the victims,or their families. I haven't heard one of these enlightened Hollywood freaks even mention the forgotten victims! Typical!

Oh shit,now on Fox,Sharpton is getting in on the media's circle jerk for Tookie! The sooner this whole sorid affair is behind us the better.

C-ya Tookie!

Riffy
December 12th, 2005 09:55 PM
Nellcote Oh yeah, they've got the A list of hoods there,
Sharpton, Snoop, Jesse, all the folks you'd want defending you.
All we need now is Babs Streisand to show in her limo..
Or Sean Penn to show.
Or Ramsey Clark to take a special flight from Iraq
to get in the mix.

December 12th, 2005 10:05 PM
texile
quote:
gorda wrote:
Regardless of anything, death is sad.

May God have mercy on his soul.

well stated gorda - and whatever side you're on...
no death is a cause for gleeful and cute catch phrases....
those against his execution are not demanding some release - they are asking for life imprisonment...
why is is so satisfying to snuff another life out?

December 12th, 2005 10:08 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
kath wrote:
i think i lost track of the thread somewhere along the line.

that's because the lunatic right wingers hijacked it yet again to spread the gospel of cro-manginism

December 12th, 2005 10:28 PM
sirmoonie Mothafock says: "Fucking creepy thread man, reveling in the death of another human being, even if he was a scumbag, or reformed scumbag. You niggies better be glad that god doesn't give a ripping piss what happens here on earth or you'd find yourselves like eterno-fucked. Or something."
December 12th, 2005 10:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

that's because the lunatic right wingers hijacked it yet again to spread the gospel of cro-manginism

Jizzy get over yourself! The fact that the Hollyweird crowd has turned this guy into a hero is the pathetic issue at hand here! As I have stated I could care less if this guy gets the needle or not. The fact that nobody knows the victims' names is pathetic! It always the same with the idiots on the left! They defend murderers,but ignore the victim's rights. The same exact thing happened with that guy Abu Jamal Mameel or what ever the hell his name was. The guy admitted to killing a cop in Philly. He later denied it,and the leftists immediatly jumped to his cause. Forget the fact that there was overwhelming evidence of his guilt! I find the whole cause celeb schtick sickining. It hasn't got a damned thing to do with politics per se. It has everthing to do with a complete reversal of priorities.

In the last 25 years over 40 judges have looked at this evidence. Every single one of them declared that there was overwhelming evidence of the guy's guilt! Even the 9th Circut of Appeals found him guilty. Are they cro magnum as well jizzy?! This bastard killed four innocent people jizzy! What about justice for them jizzy?

Believe it or not just because you and I have different political beliefs that does not mean that you're the smartest guy in the room.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
December 13th, 2005 12:15 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Mothafock says: "Fucking creepy thread man, reveling in the death of another human being, even if he was a scumbag, or reformed scumbag. You niggies better be glad that god doesn't give a ripping piss what happens here on earth or you'd find yourselves like eterno-fucked. Or something."

What he said!!!
December 13th, 2005 12:33 AM
Brainbell Jangler Tookie Williams was convicted of killing the Yang family while robbing the motel they owned and Albert Owens at a convenience store, so you lose the bet, riffy.

Riffhard talks about consideration for the families of the victims, but that only seems to count when the victims want vengeance. A woman was murdered in the Portland area a few years back. She was a nurse and one of those "libs" riffy enjoys mocking. An attorney who was a close friend of hers and is a close friend of mine wanted to speak at the sentencing of her murderer. He wanted to tell the sentencing jury how much she opposed the death penalty and how she wouldn't want anyone killed, including the man who murdered her, in her name. The judge barred my friend from speaking and the state supreme court upheld that decision. The "victim's rights" lobby was strangely silent. Or perhaps not so strangely, as they're really about vengeance, not victims.

But I suppose you're right about one thing, Riffhard. Lotsajizz isn't the smartest guy in the room. That would be me (I enjoy bragging about my intelligence like josh enjoys bragging about his money).

December 13th, 2005 12:58 AM
glencar Well, show us some evidence of your intelligence & then maybe we'll be impressed.

So, Tookie's taking that short walk? I can't believe the celeb gov'nor didn't bow to the celeb cause de jour. I have mixed feelings about the death penalty but if anyone should get it, it should be this guy. If he had admitted his guilt & repented, perhaps not. RIP Tookie.
December 13th, 2005 01:06 AM
Brainbell Jangler OK, here's some evidence. I earned a perfect score on the Law School Admission Test, a feat accomplished (at least at that time) by only one tenth of one percent of test takers (that's one out of a thousand for the math-challenged). That's one out of a thousand law school applicants, a considerably smaller percentage of the general population.

I'm a graduate of Harvard Law School, which I attended with Sen. Barack Obama (who was a year behind me). And I achieved all of this despite being the first child of teenaged high school dropouts and living in a tiny house without an indoor toilet until I was eight years old. If a person's life accomplishments are measured by the distance between where they started and where they got to, I'd be interested in the length of your road.
December 13th, 2005 01:16 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Tookie Williams was convicted of killing the Yang family while robbing the motel they owned and Albert Owens at a convenience store, so you lose the bet, riffy.

Riffhard talks about consideration for the families of the victims, but that only seems to count when the victims want vengeance. A woman was murdered in the Portland area a few years back. She was a nurse and one of those "libs" riffy enjoys mocking. An attorney who was a close friend of hers and is a close friend of mine wanted to speak at the sentencing of her murderer. He wanted to tell the sentencing jury how much she opposed the death penalty and how she wouldn't want anyone killed, including the man who murdered her, in her name. The judge barred my friend from speaking and the state supreme court upheld that decision. The "victim's rights" lobby was strangely silent. Or perhaps not so strangely, as they're really about vengeance, not victims.

But I suppose you're right about one thing, Riffhard. Lotsajizz isn't the smartest guy in the room. That would be me (I enjoy bragging about my intelligence like josh enjoys bragging about his money).

Look somewhere along the line this whole thread was turned into an argument about wanting vengence against this convicted murderer. I have tried to make the case that I could care less about the vengence aspect of it. What concerns me is the way that the Hollywood crowd constantly backs murderers as if to somehow show a sense of liberal compassion. That shit does not wash for me. Why is BJ Honeycut not showing any compassion for the victims,or their families?

Your friend's friend may very well have oppossed the death penelty. Good for her. I hope that her wishes were considered by the judge,and jury. That is not what has happened here at all. The man was convicted,and sentenced to death as per California law. The victims' families are asking that the sentence be caried out so that they may feel justice has been served.

This is when the Hollywood crowd jumps into the fray by trying to convince all that will listen that Tookie is some sort of saint. Again,that shit won't wash. He has had appeal after appeal denied because of overwhelming evidence. He has also shown absolutly no remorse for the murders. He has been a less than trust worthy inmate,and even tried to throw chemicals into the eyes of prison guard. The guy is no hero,but you'd never know that to listen to the Hollyweird faction. They show the upmost sympaty for Tookie all the while ignoring the pain that these failies have indured since 1979. He has run out of appeals,and justice is about to be meted out.

I'm not happy that the man is going to die! I just don't get emotionaly involved in the death of a four times convicted murderer.

You are smart enough to know the names of the victims,but how would like to bet that if you were to ask the average person the names of those victims you would get a blank stare? Mention Tookie Williams though,and everyone knows who he is. I only say that to point out how the man's victim status has been played to the hilt by people who would never mention the names of the true victims.

Riffy
December 13th, 2005 01:28 AM
Taptrick
Emotional intelligence is a better measure.
December 13th, 2005 01:33 AM
Brainbell Jangler My impression is that Tookie Williams is a cunning, crafty, manipulative piece of shit. I don't buy the idea that he is any less deserving of the death penalty than that creep who grabbed the 13 year old girl in Florida and was recently sentenced to death. I represent Crips and Bloods, among other thugs, on a regular basis. These are not nice people.

I feel deep sympathy and sadness for the Owens family and all crime victims. I am particularly saddened by the morbid cult of "closure" which tells these suffering souls that their grief can somehow be assuaged by the state-sanctioned murder of the authors of their loss. I believe that this ritual blood sacrifice coarsens the spirits of those survivors and our entire culture.

This is entirely in addition to the issue of wrongful convictions. We are human and the justice system is a human institution. Mistakes inevitably happen. As wrong as I think all state-performed killing is, the execution of the innocent is simply unconscionable. Innocent blood on the hands of an entire nation is an intolerable risk. The only way to guarantee that such an abomination is not perpetrated is to ban all executions.

Besides, there is no evidence that the death penalty acts as a deterrent to murder. Sure, an executed murderer will never kill again. But most murders are crimes of passion or circumstance. The death penalty is barbaric, the danger of an irreversible travesty of justice is constant and execution is not an effective crime control technique. There is no excuse for it.
December 13th, 2005 01:37 AM
glencar I scored 1600 on my SAT's. I wasn't raised in a trailer though so I guess you've got me beat.
December 13th, 2005 01:56 AM
Brainbell Jangler 1600? I'm impressed. I only got 1390. I attribute the improvement in my LSAT to years of dropping acid.

I never lived in a trailer. We lived in a little house behind my grandparents' house until I was eight, then a decent working class home. My parents were poor but honest working people who now live in a lovely hillside home with a beautiful view of the Oregon coast. But what we have we earned. Not like George W. Bush, of whom Ann Richards once said, "He was born on third base and thought he hit a triple."
December 13th, 2005 04:35 AM
Dick Bush Riffy, couldn't agree more with you, Tooky not only killed 4 persons - he furthermore commited the ultimate crime of thinking, and that was simply too much for the bodybuilder.

It's a big comfort to know that such tough no-nutters like Ahnold, Jeb and Dubya decide about the life and death.

Have a peaceful xmas.
December 13th, 2005 05:46 AM
lotsajizz Riffhard likes erecting strawmen...makes it seem as though he can win an argument....even if no one was arguing with him

Ok now

Cazart!!!
December 13th, 2005 05:57 AM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck
quote:
~Brainbell Jangler~

In a tiny house without an indoor toilet!!!!

Oh my!!

[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
December 13th, 2005 06:20 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
[...]

This is entirely in addition to the issue of wrongful convictions. We are human and the justice system is a human institution. Mistakes inevitably happen. As wrong as I think all state-performed killing is, the execution of the innocent is simply unconscionable. Innocent blood on the hands of an entire nation is an intolerable risk. The only way to guarantee that such an abomination is not perpetrated is to ban all executions.

[...]

There's a great movie about this issue, not sure if it was based on real life, anyway, Kevin Spacey is on it and the name of the movie is "The Life of David Gale"
December 13th, 2005 07:01 AM
telecaster What a glorious morning

Tookie finally gets what he deservered 25 yrs too late

Hope he is rotting in hell
December 13th, 2005 08:10 AM
Maxlugar [quote]telecaster wrote:
What a glorious morning

Tookie finally gets what he deservered 25 yrs too late

Hope he is rotting in hell

Revel in it my friend, revel!

December 13th, 2005 08:12 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:
Riffy, couldn't agree more with you, Tooky not only killed 4 persons - he furthermore commited the ultimate crime of thinking, and that was simply too much for the bodybuilder.

It's a big comfort to know that such tough no-nutters like Ahnold, Jeb and Dubya decide about the life and death.

Have a peaceful xmas.

This post more than any other in this thread proves once and for all that this has much more to do with poittics than anything else. You should be so proud.

Riffhard
December 13th, 2005 08:15 AM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Riffhard likes erecting strawmen...makes it seem as though he can win an argument....even if no one was arguing with him

Ok now

Cazart!!!

Here's something erect bigboy! Blow me you little strawman! Way to spin! You do are so deft at it many here prolly didn't even notice that you did it. I did though!

Cazrart! Cazart I said!!

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)