ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2nd leg openers Return to archive
December 12th, 2005 02:49 PM
mtlgohabsgo When are they gonna announce who the openers are for the 2nd leg of the tour???
I'm waiting on Montreal...
December 12th, 2005 02:50 PM
erikjjf Anik Jean in Montreal
December 12th, 2005 02:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Anik Jean in Montreal

any word on the Chicago shows Erik?
December 12th, 2005 02:53 PM
erikjjf No. Humiliating...
December 12th, 2005 02:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
No. Humiliating...

Young Jake must be witholding a major name from us and will use this announcement to sell the final few thousand tickets!!!
December 12th, 2005 02:57 PM
Joey

Kanye West will be the opener in Omaha
December 12th, 2005 03:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Now that is Humiliating!
December 12th, 2005 03:03 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Joey wrote:

For U2, yes.
Humiliating? Yes.
December 12th, 2005 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Now that is Humiliating!

It's true !!!!!

www.omahameca.com

December 12th, 2005 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

It's true !!!!!

www.omahameca.com

i fear you need to sit on Santas lap and tell him you want to come to Chicago to greet the pug and the jb!
December 12th, 2005 03:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Now that is Humiliating!

Will you throw us a party when you hit your 20,000th post?
December 12th, 2005 03:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Will you throw us a party when you hit your 20,000th post?

Sadly, I only have around 3400 posts and will probably step away from the boards before i get anywhere near 20k....but Joeykins on the other hand.....my baby will make it and will host a party, but only in Nebraska, as he has refused to leave the state!
December 12th, 2005 03:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Gazza:

Please remove this pic and kick these sick mind of the board.
December 12th, 2005 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Gazza:

Please remove this pic and kick these sick mind of the board.

********** You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!?! ***********

December 12th, 2005 03:45 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

********** You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!?! ***********

Well, clearly, JB is out of his mind. I remember him thinking that Moonisup did sent him some wooden shoes which he never got. I know for a fact that no wooden shoes have been sent to him whatsoever. And someone posting like allmost 20,000 times needs some help to get some grip on his live.

December 12th, 2005 03:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

You SHALL be greeted !!!!

|
|
|
|
V

You make SSC say: what the fuck?
December 12th, 2005 03:54 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

WONT HE GET LYNCHED IN THAT WHITE TRASH TOWN?
December 12th, 2005 03:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

WONT HE GET LYNCHED IN THAT WHITE TRASH TOWN?

he will have easy access to 40 ounce beers though!
December 12th, 2005 04:20 PM
littleredrooster Leg Openers?????
When I read this thread title, I thought that it was the sinister work of the Joey, Pug, JB Cartel

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Sir Roostah
December 12th, 2005 05:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Leg Openers?????
When I read this thread title, I thought that it was the sinister work of the Joey, Pug, JB Cartel

Sir Roostah

you are wise, witty, and a top notch poster!
December 12th, 2005 05:38 PM
mtlgohabsgo Wow thats dissapointing... Why can't they pull in a real star like they've been doing throughout the tour for montreal...
terrible
December 12th, 2005 06:16 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Leg Openers?????

Sir Roostah

EXACTLY what i thought when i read it
December 13th, 2005 04:09 PM
erikjjf Metric will open at MSG.

http://www.filter-mag.com/news/interior.2837.html
December 13th, 2005 06:21 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote: WONT HE GET LYNCHED IN THAT WHITE TRASH TOWN?

Birkshire Hathaway has just announced Warren is moving to an Omaha trailer park.
December 13th, 2005 06:31 PM
Lil Brian Published Sunday
December 11, 2005

Concerts Shut Out For Arena Expansion

BY NIZ PROSKOCIL

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Noise from construction crews, not concerts, could fill the Qwest Center Omaha next summer.

Qwest Center Omaha

If a planned seating-expansion project moves forward, the city's largest venue will be closed to concerts and other events for nearly four months so that workers can install 1,472 new seats.

But that doesn't necessarily mean a concert-free summer at the center. Officials are considering building an 8,000-capacity outdoor venue in one of the parking lots.

Arena officials will decide in mid-January whether the approximately $6 million seat expansion project will happen. That's when bids on the project will be in, said Roger Dixon, president of the Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority, which runs the arena and convention center.

"It is not absolute that we're doing the expansion," Dixon said. "If the cost of construction comes in too high, we're not going to do it."

The plan calls for the seats to be installed at the arena's north side, enclosing an area that currently is open. People still would be able to congregate in that area and see the arena floor, because the additional seating is to be built overhead.

If approved, construction is expected to begin in mid-May - following the annual shareholders meeting for Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway - and end in early September.

The timing, industry experts say, couldn't be better.

Summer is an optimum time for an arena to close for construction, said Ray Waddell, a Billboard magazine senior editor who has covered the touring industry for nearly 19 years.

Though amphitheaters and other outdoor venues see brisk business in the warmer months, indoor venues are at their busiest from September through March, Waddell said.

"For arenas, it's not unusual for work to happen in the summer," he said. "It's not a generally high-traffic time."

Concert promoters say it's too early to tell what acts will tour next summer. Dates generally are announced about two to three months before a show.

This past summer, the arena saw sold-out concerts by Green Day and Neil Diamond. The fall-winter lineup features even bigger stars. The arena hosted or will host sold-out concerts by Paul McCartney, U2 and the Rolling Stones. Other big acts coming to town include George Strait in January and Coldplay in February.

Dixon declined to say how much revenue the arena received from past concerts.

With the additional seats, the capacity reaches 18,235 for center-stage concerts; 17,860 for end-stage concerts; 16,375 for hockey games; and a little more than 17,500 for basketball.

The arena has to close for installation of the new seats, Dixon said, because of safety concerns and because it costs money each time construction crews have to "demobilize."

But construction would cease for 10 days in June for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus and the Women of Faith conference. Each of those events was contracted before the expansion plan, Dixon said.

He declined to estimate how much summer concert revenue could be lost from arena rental fees and concession sales. Lesser sources of concert income include parking fees and sales of merchandise such as T-shirts and tour programs.

Waddell said venues receive a percentage of merchandise sales, generally 10 percent to 20 percent but sometimes as high as 35 percent.

While there may not be shows inside the arena, there could be concerts at the 10,900-seat Civic Auditorium and outside the arena.

Officials are considering building an outdoor concert venue in Lot D, one of the north parking lots. The open-air venue with seating for roughly 8,000 fans would be similar to Charter One Pavilion in Chicago.

The pavilion - which would have its seating mostly on one level, but with some elevated seats - could be taken down and reassembled as needed, although Chicago's Charter One Pavilion is up year-round.

In September, Dixon and Tom O'Gorman, the arena and convention center's vice president of corporate sales and marketing, visited the Chicago pavilion.

Its designer, architect Mark Dewalt of the Chicago firm Valerio Dewalt Train Associates, said the $1.7 million venue is open from June through September and provides spectators with an intimate setting and impressive views of the city.

Dixon said he liked the setup, but it's too soon to say whether the concept would happen here, and he didn't yet have an estimate for what it would cost. An outdoor venue also could be used when the arena will be closed to concerts for the U.S. Olympic Swim Trials in summer 2008.

"We're brainstorming now. We thought we might look at something like that," Dixon said of a pavilion. "There's an appetite for good entertainment here."

Area residents have shown they're willing to support the arena with their entertainment dollars.

During the first six months of 2005, 150,828 concert tickets were sold for the facility, placing the Omaha arena at No. 8 on Pollstar magazine's list of the top 50 arena venues worldwide.

The arena, which opened in 2003, was recently nominated for Best New Major Concert Venue by Pollstar. The winner will be named in February at the Pollstar Concert Industry Awards in Las Vegas.

December 14th, 2005 12:35 AM
erikjjf
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
any word on the Chicago shows Erik?

Antigone Rising will open both Chicago shows and also in Baltimore.
http://www.antigonerising.com/
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)