ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Humiliated by The Beatles yet again Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 12th, 2005 06:45 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

What are "Old, Sappy Stones Songs", Alex.

Same category please for 400.

Make that old, sappy Stones SINGLES (well, the first 4 anyway). Point is that Stones have recorded RFD & SOL-type tunes from the beginning and ABB is no exception and I don't understand why all the beefing!

That being said, I do agree that this deal with Starbucks is disturbing.
December 12th, 2005 07:39 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

truly humiliating!!

Cohl & Jagger have attempted to market the Stones as a soft rock band. Look at the cds they sell at Starbucks - its all light soft rock: Sheryl Crow, Antigone Rising, Ray Charles, Carol King, Alanis Morrisette...

in addition they insist on releasing soft rock singles like Streets Of Love and Rain Fall Down and then market them on lame pop award shows and day time soap operas.

plus Jagger only wants lame pop bands to open for the Stones. With the exception of one night of Pearl Jam & Metallica it was all pop bands that were given multiple shows to open for us: Black Eyed Peas, Alanis, Joss Stone, Maroon 5, John Mayer. Why are they afraid of real guitar hard rock bands like White Stripes or Kings Of Leon? Even U2 brought the Kings out as an opener!

Micks obsession with the soft rock market is humiliating us

its like Jagger wants to rewrite the Stones history to have them remembered as "The Worlds Greatest Soft Rock Band". Its his solo dreams come to true!!

WE ARE BEING HUMILIATED

exactly saint - the stones have always been an aquired taste for discriminating souls - which is why its so fun being a fan..
we are a breed unto ourselves -
but they deserve our wrath when they earn it - which is all the time and i LOVE that.
imagine being "dissappointed" as a u2 or beatles fan....
we KNOW these guys and are faithful inspite of their greed, arrogance, and lack of good shit -
they may be sob's - but they're OUR sobs....
we are fans with EYES WIDE OPEN...
none of this blind idolatry and naive devotion so prevalent among u2 or john denver fans.
December 12th, 2005 11:27 PM
Brainbell Jangler I was laughing out loud when I saw the header with "Win! Beatles" on it. I knew joshie's 'roids would be in full online flareup mode.

BTW, Stu was the SECOND Stone, not the sixth.
December 12th, 2005 11:44 PM
keefjunkie My favorite song on physical graffiti is boogie with stu
December 12th, 2005 11:51 PM
Brainbell Jangler I love that tune. So many Stones fans slag off Led Zep, but Ian Stewart would never jam with a band that couldn't play.
December 13th, 2005 06:53 AM
Bruno Stone Sorry for the delay, what is the infamous Salt Lake incident?
December 13th, 2005 09:03 AM
corgi37 Maybe Stu was filling in for Ringo?
December 13th, 2005 09:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

truly humiliating!!

Cohl & Jagger have attempted to market the Stones as a soft rock band. Look at the cds they sell at Starbucks - its all light soft rock: Sheryl Crow, Antigone Rising, Ray Charles, Carol King, Alanis Morrisette...

in addition they insist on releasing soft rock singles like Streets Of Love and Rain Fall Down and then market them on lame pop award shows and day time soap operas.

plus Jagger only wants lame pop bands to open for the Stones. With the exception of one night of Pearl Jam & Metallica it was all pop bands that were given multiple shows to open for us: Black Eyed Peas, Alanis, Joss Stone, Maroon 5, John Mayer. Why are they afraid of real guitar hard rock bands like White Stripes or Kings Of Leon? Even U2 brought the Kings out as an opener!

Micks obsession with the soft rock market is humiliating us

its like Jagger wants to rewrite the Stones history to have them remembered as "The Worlds Greatest Soft Rock Band". Its his solo dreams come to true!!

WE ARE BEING HUMILIATED

100% agree with you Saint Sway.
soft rock needs buffoons like Mat Clifford or Rob Thomas...both Jagger friends...
December 13th, 2005 09:09 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Sorry for the delay, what is the infamous Salt Lake incident?

the american music awards..they ve played RFD and it was the disaster!
December 13th, 2005 11:00 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

the american music awards..they ve played RFD and it was the disaster!

We must never speak of the details again, the performance and dead crowd (a true Macca Crowd)....just simply refer to it as "The Salt Lake Incident"
December 13th, 2005 11:29 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We must never speak of the details again, the performance and dead crowd (a true Macca Crowd)....just simply refer to it as "The Salt Lake Incident"

Well, you are doing it well cause I never heard about that!!!
December 13th, 2005 11:33 AM
Bruno Stone Is there a link to it?
December 13th, 2005 11:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Is there a link to it?

NO, but sadly, many have Tivo'd it and recorded it....when asking about it...simply refer to it as "The Salt Lake Incident" I painfully gave you a few details, because as a fellow stones fan, i felt it was important for you to know what happend.
December 13th, 2005 03:38 PM
Bruno Stone Thank you Voodoopug, I donīt know the details of the "Salt Lake incident". Iīm very curious...but I will have mercy. I wonīt ask you to tell more. It must be very painful to remember, I`ll search in another place.

This is fucking hilarious but must be fucking sad too.
December 13th, 2005 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Thank you Voodoopug, I donīt know the details of the "Salt Lake incident". Iīm very curious...but I will have mercy. I wonīt ask you to tell more. It must be very painful to remember, I`ll search in another place.

This is fucking hilarious but must be fucking sad too.

I had trouble sleeping for four days after the incident...thankfully when i seen the stones in Memphis....they played a killer version of RFD...now i have that in my head and not the "Salt Lake Incident"
December 13th, 2005 03:55 PM
jb lets just say AMA was worse than a pendectomy.
December 13th, 2005 05:47 PM
icydanger Amazing how hard mono-focused fans go from one humiliation to the next, imo Jagger himself would see this with a grain of salt and sense of humour and appreciate the moment and the way Stu is into music.
Rolling Stones are rolling still whereas Beatles flew off way back
December 13th, 2005 05:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
icydanger wrote:
Amazing how hard mono-focused fans go from one humiliation to the next, imo Jagger himself would see this with a grain of salt and sense of humour and appreciate the moment and the way Stu is into music.
Rolling Stones are rolling still whereas Beatles flew off way back

we have truly gone to and fro multiple humiliations....but there are many high points also!
December 13th, 2005 08:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Is there a link to it?

all links have been destroyed and anyone posting one will have their PC hacked!
December 13th, 2005 09:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

all links have been destroyed and anyone posting one will have their PC hacked!

your unwavering support means a lot to us....I trust that if you ever visit Chicago, Boca Raton, and/or Nebraska....you will be well taken care of!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)