ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Humiliated by The Beatles yet again Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 12th, 2005 11:07 AM
voodoopug I am disgusted by the fact that on a day when we should be paying tribute to one of the most beloved musician this board has ever listened to, Ian Stewart, we must look at the header that has a Beatles poster behind his shoulder, insinuating that he is a Beatle and not truly the Sixth STone.

THis legend deserves a better tribute!
December 12th, 2005 11:13 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I am disgusted by the fact that on a day when we should be paying tribute to one of the most beloved musician this board has ever listened to, Ian Stewart, we must look at the header that has a Beatles poster behind his shoulder, insinuating that he is a Beatle and not truly the Sixth STone.

THis legend deserves a better tribute!

Truly disgusting...an uncalled for slap in ral Ston fans faces.
December 12th, 2005 11:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Truly disgusting...an uncalled for slap in ral Ston fans faces.

We (the stones) have been humiliated!
December 12th, 2005 11:25 AM
jb Tell me something new???
December 12th, 2005 11:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Tell me something new???

van Gundy has humiliated Miami.....he was a dead man walking every since the greasy one himself stated that he wants to come back to coaching!
December 12th, 2005 03:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We (the stones) have been humiliated!

A Stones fan is NEVER humiliated.

December 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

A Stones fan is NEVER humiliated.

please see "The Salt Lake Incident"
December 12th, 2005 03:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
please see "The Salt Lake Incident"

No apologies. F' em if they can't take a joke.
December 12th, 2005 04:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

No apologies. F' em if they can't take a joke.

Sadly, not all of us (true stones fans) are as thick skinned as you..i commend you, i wish we (true fans) had more like you!

As a stones fan, the following has humiliated me:

1. Detroit, Philly2, Chicago 3, Las Vegas, Memphis, and Milwaukee ticket sales

2. Michael Cohl's decision to allow U2 to overtake us.

3. The Salt Lake Incident

4. Timberlake

5. So Called Stones fans going to Macca Concerts!

6. Joeys gas problem
December 12th, 2005 04:02 PM
jb I went to Starbucks yesterday and was humi8liated with a full rack of "Rarities and "ABB" whiloe others artists racks were emptied.........................................needed a double latte after that.......
December 12th, 2005 04:06 PM
gimmekeef Sorry jb...but anyone who goes to that geek coffee joint deserves what they get....lol...and pug I wholeheartedly agree with your point #6!!!!!!!
December 12th, 2005 04:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Sorry jb...but anyone who goes to that geek coffee joint deserves what they get....lol...and pug I wholeheartedly agree with your point #6!!!!!!!

Each Sunday morning i drive to Caribou Coffe to purchase my wife (with fetus) a decaf holiday blend coffe.
December 12th, 2005 04:08 PM
keefjunkie I am so sick of this over 40 yr old argument... jesus my mom had this argument with her friends!

the beatles are incredible
the stones are incredible

END
December 12th, 2005 04:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
I am so sick of this over 40 yr old argument... jesus my mom had this argument with her friends!

the beatles are incredible
the stones are incredible

END

and after 40 years, we (true fans) must not give in, also we must not focus just on Macca and Co, U2 is an enemy as well!
December 12th, 2005 04:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I went to Starbucks yesterday and was humi8liated with a full rack of "Rarities and "ABB" whiloe others artists racks were emptied.........................................needed a double latte after that.......

I dunno. Mass popularity can be a bad thing. All things considered the Stones have done pretty well. I enjoy the cultic nature of Rolling Stones fanhood. I mean you don't want everyone in the club. Follow me or have I lost myself?
December 12th, 2005 04:12 PM
jb The argument is essentially for true fans of each group...{W}e true Stones fans will nevre accept anything l ess than full defeat...........which is very close........
December 12th, 2005 04:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The argument is essentially for true fans of each group...{W}e true Stones fans will nevre accept anything l ess than full defeat...........which is very close........

how is your testicle calcification doing?
December 12th, 2005 04:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't care how many records Macca sells. I don't hate him but I don't take him seriously either.
December 12th, 2005 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

how is your testicle calcification doing?

Check up in 4 months..but painful, swollen vein in anus(hemmorhoid) since Memphis trip..................
December 12th, 2005 04:19 PM
Jumping Jack Only girlie men and Macca lovers go to Starbucks, hence the poor sales of Stones CDs. They would sell much better in a liqour store next to the Jack Daniels or even in a supermarket next to the beer, but with flavored coffees? Way too prissy.
December 12th, 2005 04:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Only girlie men and Macca lovers go to Starbucks, hence the poor sales of Stones CDs. They would sell much better in a liqour store next to the Jack Daniels or even in a supermarket next to the beer, but with flavored coffees? Way too prissy.

AMEN.

December 12th, 2005 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Only girlie men and Macca lovers go to Starbucks, hence the poor sales of Stones CDs. They would sell much better in a liqour store next to the Jack Daniels or even in a supermarket next to the beer, but with flavored coffees? Way too prissy.

Atlanta should have been awarded a 2nd show..........sad, sad, sad...........I enjoyed the whole experience there and my 2 upcomming free nights at the Ritz.........
December 12th, 2005 04:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I went to Starbucks yesterday and was humi8liated with a full rack of "Rarities and "ABB" whiloe others artists racks were emptied.........................................needed a double latte after that.......

truly humiliating!!

Cohl & Jagger have attempted to market the Stones as a soft rock band. Look at the cds they sell at Starbucks - its all light soft rock: Sheryl Crow, Antigone Rising, Ray Charles, Carol King, Alanis Morrisette...

in addition they insist on releasing soft rock singles like Streets Of Love and Rain Fall Down and then market them on lame pop award shows and day time soap operas.

plus Jagger only wants lame pop bands to open for the Stones. With the exception of one night of Pearl Jam & Metallica it was all pop bands that were given multiple shows to open for us: Black Eyed Peas, Alanis, Joss Stone, Maroon 5, John Mayer. Why are they afraid of real guitar hard rock bands like White Stripes or Kings Of Leon? Even U2 brought the Kings out as an opener!

Micks obsession with the soft rock market is humiliating us

its like Jagger wants to rewrite the Stones history to have them remembered as "The Worlds Greatest Soft Rock Band". Its his solo dreams come to true!!

WE ARE BEING HUMILIATED
December 12th, 2005 04:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

THATS THE ATTITUDE BROTHER!!!

fire Cohl. Hire Jumpin Jack!

someone needs to stear this ship back on course
December 12th, 2005 05:45 PM
Jumping Jack JB,

You will get to use those nights in the Fall of 2006 when the Stones rock the Fox Theater. There will be serious parties before and after. You will need an extra night!
December 12th, 2005 05:54 PM
Egbert
quote:

Saint Sway wrote:
its like Jagger wants to rewrite the Stones history to have them remembered as "The Worlds Greatest Soft Rock Band". Its his solo dreams come to true!!

Let's see: Tell Me, As Tears Go By, Lady Jane, Ruby Tuesday, Yesterday's Papers, She Smiled Sweetly. Hardly what I would consider "Hard Rock". Maybe someone needs a history lesson...
December 12th, 2005 06:12 PM
keefjunkie angie?
December 12th, 2005 06:14 PM
pdog I tried reading this thread, but I got hungry!
December 12th, 2005 06:15 PM
Egbert There's more: Moonlight Mile, Till The Next Goodbye, Fool To Cry, ER, Indian Girl, Heaven, Almost Hear You Sigh, Out Of Tears, Sweethearts Together, Already Over Me...

December 12th, 2005 06:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Let's see: Tell Me, As Tears Go By, Lady Jane, Ruby Tuesday, Yesterday's Papers, She Smiled Sweetly.

What are "Old, Sappy Stones Songs", Alex.

Same category please for 400.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)