ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remembering Ian "Stu" Stewart Return to archive
December 11th, 2005 10:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It was 20 years ago today, Stu passed. He he was the second Rollin' Stone in terms of time. Stu was the second Rolling Stone after Brian Jones and before all others. He was the first to respond Brian's ad in Jazz News; he joined Brian and Jeff Bradford. Then Mick Jagger met them at the Ealing R&B Club and joined their rehearsals, bringing his mates Keith Richards and Dick Taylor. Stu was the first person Keith met when he auditioned for the job.

Being the second, he is known as the sixth Rolling Stone.

"Thanks Stu for 25 years of boogie-woogie"

Some links for your reading pleassure

• LINK 1: Bill German's interview, recently uploaded on-line and probably many of you noticed either for his e-mail of for Ten Thousand Motels' post last week.

• LINK 2: The answer that Andrew Loog Oldham gave me when I asked him why he fired Stu. Read this babies.

• LINK 3: The Lisa Robinson interview for Creem Magazine in 1976 I recently transcribed and posted.

• LINK 4: The liner notes from the back of the LP he produced for "Rocket 88".

• LINK 5: Our Stu website, probably soon with great updates as we have not made a change in years and you all know howe many pix we have used for headers, and howe mane anecdtoes we have now that can be added there.

December 11th, 2005 10:39 PM
BILL PERKS THANKS VOODOO-SEARCHING FOR HIM ON THE NET IS WHAT BROUGHT ME TO ROCKS OFF..THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TRIBUTE WE CAN DO FOR THE MAN WHO HELPED SET OFF ALL THE MADNESS THAT CONTINUES TO THIS DAY.
December 11th, 2005 10:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mr. Perks I didn't know that, cool you got here because of Stu.
December 11th, 2005 11:21 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Another little tidbit about Ian: In the 60's he used to book the Stones into hotels that were situated near golf courses. It only dawned on the rest of the Stones that the reason for these out of the way places was because of Ian's passion for golf.
December 12th, 2005 05:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THANKS VOODOO-SEARCHING FOR HIM ON THE NET IS WHAT BROUGHT ME TO ROCKS OFF..

Actually, that's what brought me to this site as well.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
December 12th, 2005 06:08 AM
gypsy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
It was 20 years ago today, Stu passed. He he was the second Rollin' Stone in terms of time. Stu was the second Rolling Stone after Brian Jones and before all others. He was the first to respond Brian's ad in Jazz News; he joined Brian and Jeff Bradford. Then Mick Jagger met them at the Ealing R&B Club and joined their rehearsals, bringing his mates Keith Richards and Dick Taylor. Stu was the first person Keith met when he auditioned for the job.

Being the second, he is known as the sixth Rolling Stone.

"Thanks Stu for 25 years of boogie-woogie"

Some links for your reading pleassure

• LINK 1: Bill German's interview, recently uploaded on-line and probably many of you noticed either for his e-mail of for Ten Thousand Motels' post last week.

• LINK 2: The answer that Andrew Loog Oldham gave me when I asked him why he fired Stu. Read this babies.

• LINK 3: The Lisa Robinson interview for Creem Magazine in 1976 I recently transcribed and posted.

• LINK 4: The liner notes from the back of the LP he produced for "Rocket 88".

• LINK 5: Our Stu website, probably soon with great updates as we have not made a change in years and you all know howe many pix we have used for headers, and howe mane anecdtoes we have now that can be added there.

Thanks for the links. But thank you for all your hard work and dedication to keeping Stu's memory alive. He seems like he was such a great man...like the kind you'd really enjoy sitting around and drinking with.
Keep up the great work!
December 12th, 2005 09:10 AM
Gazza A great man whose tireless contribution to the "Little Shower of Shit" should never be underestimated or forgotten
[Edited by Gazza]
December 12th, 2005 09:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
December 12th, 2005 09:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
December 12th, 2005 11:44 AM
voodoopug Stu was a pioneer in the way rock piano was played...thanks for the memories!
December 12th, 2005 11:52 AM
erikjjf Rest in peace, Stu.
December 12th, 2005 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Rest in peace, Stu.

Stu was the glue that kept these ass-clowns together...since his deathm, they have even further departed from what made them great.RIP Stu.........Chuck should be paying homage to you every night!!! as should the rest of them!!!
December 12th, 2005 12:54 PM
BILL PERKS I'M GONNA WATCH HAMPTON 81 TONIGHT..LOTS OF GOOD STU FOOTAGE..PLAYING WITH THOROUGHGOOD,BACKSTAGE AND PLAYING WITH THE STONES.
WATCHING THIS SHOW IS A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE WHEN COMPARING THE BAND TO WHAT IT IS NOW.
December 12th, 2005 01:00 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I'M GONNA WATCH HAMPTON 81 TONIGHT..LOTS OF GOOD STU FOOTAGE..PLAYING WITH THOROUGHGOOD,BACKSTAGE AND PLAYING WITH THE STONES.
WATCHING THIS SHOW IS A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE WHEN COMPARING THE BAND TO WHAT IT IS NOW.

I enjoy 81, but 72 L&G even better(no footage of Stu).
December 12th, 2005 03:08 PM
sirfito Great job, Voodoo!
Thank you very much.
Fito
December 12th, 2005 09:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Welcome back Sirfito!!! You don't how cool was your phone call the other day, see you in Buenos Aires
December 12th, 2005 09:43 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Welcome back Sirfito!!! You don't how cool was your phone call the other day, see you in Buenos Aires

Hopefully, these shoiws will make up for U2 troucing us everywhere!!
December 13th, 2005 09:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© 1965/2005 Jery Holloway / Rocks Off
December 13th, 2005 11:08 AM
RollingstonesUSA Never Forgotten....R.I.P.
December 13th, 2005 12:30 PM
sirfito Your welcome, Voodoo!
Of course: we will see in Bs. As.
All the best,
Fito
December 13th, 2005 04:13 PM
Maxwell When everyone left Kieth in the dust (Toronto '77),
Stu remained behind. A true friend.
December 14th, 2005 08:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Thanks Gypsy!
December 14th, 2005 08:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Other thread on the same subject not linked above http://novogate.com/board/968/218809-1.html
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)