ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 20 Years Ago - Ian Stewart Return to archive
December 10th, 2005 02:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 1938-1985

What can one say really? 20 Years is quite a milestone. Well, come monday it will be 20 years. Anyone here ever meet him? See him play? Get his autograph? Anything.
December 10th, 2005 02:58 PM
voodoopug I seen him play only once in 1981 and I was only four years old...too young to have a real memory of it, but i treasure the recordings I have of him playing.
December 10th, 2005 06:00 PM
Stray Cat UK Saw him with the Stones a couple of times in 82,including the Last at Leeds 25th July 82.

Sadly missed by fans and the band.

"who's gonna' tell us off now ?" - Charlie 1985

"Come on my little shower of shit ,you're on" - Stu, some time over the 20 + years he was a Stone.

sc uk
December 10th, 2005 08:12 PM
FPM C10 Somewhere I have a lousy tape I made of the '81 opener at JFK (it has Tops on it) and when Mick introduces the band he says "we got a guy called "Stu" - Ian Stewart - on piano", and then you can hear me yelling "yeah!! STU!!!!"

Thanks to the lessons we learned from Corgi about John Lennon, I know better than to care. Screw Stu!

Ack. I can't do that, even sarcastically. Rest in Peace, Stu. You kicked ass.
December 10th, 2005 08:40 PM
mark Seattle on the '75 tour when the house lights came up after The Meters set, I watched Stu as he worked around Charlie's kit. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was him instead of a crew member. I remember thinking how odd that a member of the band was getting backline ready.
December 10th, 2005 09:06 PM
BILL PERKS DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF THAT STU BOOK? ALSO,ANYONE EVER KNOW WHAT BECAME OF GILES,HIS SON?
December 10th, 2005 11:25 PM
CHIEFMOON From 30 years ago, Boston:

(from page 432 of "Rolling With The Stones")
December 10th, 2005 11:37 PM
Maxmeister I got to see him a couple of times. I remember explaining the significance to some friends that attended the gigs with me and how sad it was that they just didn't get it.
I never forget the anniversary of his death because it happened on my birthday.

Rick
December 11th, 2005 01:28 AM
glencar That was a lovely coda on Dirty Work in honor of Stu.
December 11th, 2005 02:33 AM
stonedinaustralia as keith put it "stu was the glue"

things were never the same once he had gone
December 11th, 2005 02:48 AM
riccardo I'm just tired of waiting for the Rocket 88 Tribute album to Stu,hope it comes out soon!
December 12th, 2005 06:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mark wrote:
Seattle on the '75 tour when the house lights came up after The Meters set, I watched Stu as he worked around Charlie's kit. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was him instead of a crew member. I remember thinking how odd that a member of the band was getting backline ready.

LOL. Good object lesson about life. Things aren't always as they appear to be.
December 12th, 2005 06:26 PM
icydanger 20 years,
close to the heart of the Stones in the shadow mending patches after hits
December 12th, 2005 06:33 PM
icydanger 20 years a long time, RIP
close to the heart of the stones, in the shadow mending mixings after hit
December 12th, 2005 06:40 PM
Saint Sway great stories. Keep em coming.
December 12th, 2005 07:46 PM
Riffhard Sadly when I saw the Stones at the Fox Theater in Atlanta in 1981 Stu was not there. Guess who was? Yep,you guessed it! Twinkle Fingers himself! It was Chuck's first show ever with the Stones. It was still great though,as Chuck had not been elevated to the status of band leader at that point. It was still the best show I have ever seen by the Stones or anyone else. I wish that Stu had been there,but alas,it was not to be. He is missed greatly,and his absense has hjad a disasterous effect on all subsequent recordings by the band.

Riffy
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)