ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEST TOUR IN TERMS OF SOUND, SETLIST.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 11th, 2005 12:55 PM
the good Yeah, Keith messed up the opening to Brown Sugar at the Vet Forty Licks show. It was the show opener, so I was thinking "Damn. It's going to be an off night." But no way. That was a great Rolling Stones concert, as anybody who was there can tell you. Midnight Rambler was incredible.
December 11th, 2005 08:55 PM
tumbling dice
Personal question;

81- The tour was special for me because i became a hard core fan after this tour.Keith and Ronnie were on fire!

89- The first what i saw live.The sound was a little clean but it was the beggining of hi-tech and very professional tour and of course a comeback got an extra emotion.

72- The stones at their peak,but the set list is often the same.
The others were great too but doesn´t got the same impact in the media culture.
December 11th, 2005 09:10 PM
time is on my side From my own perspective, the best show I actually attended was during the 1981 tour.

Overall

Performance: 1972-73
Sound: The current Bigger Bang Tour
Setlist: Licks or 1989
December 11th, 2005 11:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
From my own perspective, the best show I actually attended was during the 1981 tour.

Overall

Performance: 1972-73
Sound: The current Bigger Bang Tour
Setlist: Licks or 1989

I agree 100%
December 11th, 2005 11:58 PM
glencar Licks had different songs on many nights so that's why I liked it most./
December 12th, 2005 12:00 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
Licks had different songs on many nights so that's why I liked it most./

however, Chuck Leavell ruined the sound unfortunately, Keyboard in Midnight Rambler, a ridiculous proposition, for quik reference see arena show on 4 shits, sorry flicks
December 12th, 2005 12:02 AM
glencar Why the negativity?
December 12th, 2005 12:04 AM
speedfreakjive I just thought that the keyboard added an unwelcome feeling of parody
December 12th, 2005 12:05 AM
glencar It did & I'm glad he's turned it down a bit but damn, those were some nice setlists. No Security also had some treasures.
December 12th, 2005 12:07 AM
speedfreakjive you're right, i especially thought Monkey Man was brilliant, and The Nearness Of You, Keith's best solo performance for me
December 12th, 2005 03:45 AM
marko licks tour was fucked up,because of BAD SOUND,and average
performances.Only good thing was set lists.
ABB has the best SOUND EVER,but playing is lacking imagination.
December 12th, 2005 02:30 PM
mmdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
1.Steel Wheels-Racious!, Gritty, Stones back at full throttle and all the questions were answered.

2.Licks-No theme....just a fantastic tour.

then it is a grab bag.

No Security-Their most sub-par for a Stones show in my eyes and ears.
Seen them in Pittsburgh. Good show, but nothing spectacular.

*Sure wish I could of went to A Bigger Bang. It looks as like the title....a Bang of a show. Looks solid.

Everyone keeps whining about the setlist this tour (although they say the sound is awesome). What do folks want? Every tour can't play the obscurities as much as others. Especially a stadium tour. It has to stick to the basics for the most part. And ultimately this tour is really a Stadium show tour. So they have to stick to the hot stadium numbers. It is what it is. They cannot play Gomper in a stadium with 80,000 and expect everyone to go nuts.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Ian,

You didn't like The No Security Tour? Especially the Pittsburgh show? Many rated that the best show of the tour. I have to rate that tour way up there. It was the first indoor tour in a long time, and the setlist and performance were incredible.
December 12th, 2005 04:15 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
T&A wrote:
if you don't say "1972" then I just don't know you....

You are totally right!
Those who diss the 1972 Tour, the best rock and roll shows EVER.....are most probably excused for their ignorance because they were still at their mother's teat at the time of this extravagansa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, not yet born!

Roooooostah!
December 12th, 2005 08:00 PM
texile
quote:
T&A wrote:
always an easy answer for me anytime I see the two words "best" and "tour" in question:

yep,
and its true, set list didn't change, but that's because they were actually touring behind a great album, like in 78 -
so those tours have my vote because of the albums driving them -
it gave the performances an edge and urgency instead of just doing an oldies set.
December 12th, 2005 09:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

however, Chuck Leavell ruined the sound unfortunately, Keyboard in Midnight Rambler, a ridiculous proposition, for quik reference see arena show on 4 shits, sorry flicks

there was never a sonic atrocity to match that "harmonica keyboard" nonsense by Matt Clifford on "Miss You" on the Steel Wheels tour
December 13th, 2005 07:30 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

there was never a sonic atrocity to match that "harmonica keyboard" nonsense by Matt Clifford on "Miss You" on the Steel Wheels tour

I haven't heard it, perhaps luckily. Matt Clifford? Didn't he produce ABB or something?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
December 13th, 2005 07:44 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I haven't heard it, perhaps luckily. Matt Clifford? Didn't he produce ABB or something?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]

he has produced on Streets of love and rain fall down,
the 2 first singles, but that's probably the hasard!
December 13th, 2005 07:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The sound is fantastic this tour and regardless of how woody is playing, they are putting his guitar front and center and I think it is fantastic. He has made his share of mistakes, but so does Keith (ever hear him open Brown Sugar correctly?), but Keith is up in the mix and playing better than he has since 1990 and Woody is being forced to not hide and better shows are the result

good point Puggie!!
do you think I should go to a show in 2006?
December 13th, 2005 07:55 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

he has produced on Streets of love and rain fall down,
the 2 first singles, but that's probably the hasard!

Rain Fall Down is OK. SOL - the worst.
December 13th, 2005 07:57 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Rain Fall Down is OK. SOL - the worst.

Agree. RFD is better live with the 3 guitars, indeed!
December 13th, 2005 08:05 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Agree. RFD is better live with the 3 guitars, indeed!

Is the third Blondie?
December 13th, 2005 08:20 AM
lotsajizz No, Mick
December 13th, 2005 08:32 AM
Shawn20 Sonic autrocity.......you gotta love that. Matt Clifford is best known hitting the worse note you have ever heard on the Rolling Stone's 89 pay per view show in Atlantic City. He was doing the opening French Horn solo on You Can't Always Get What You Want....and boy did he blow it. I have heard versions from that show....and they overdubbed his mistake, but what a huge mistake it was.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)