ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEST TOUR IN TERMS OF SOUND, SETLIST.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 9th, 2005 10:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA I'd have to go with Steel Wheels....U?
December 9th, 2005 10:36 PM
glencar Licks.
December 9th, 2005 11:25 PM
full moon Cyndi Lauper, Time After Time Tour...... HAHAH.. Iam High.....
December 10th, 2005 12:13 AM
keefjunkie im not sure what you 2 are listening to...

the obvious answer is the '72 tour
December 10th, 2005 02:45 AM
marko This is more or less personal question,BUt

Best set lists
1975 tour
1989 tour

Best tours for me are
1981-1982
1973,australia
December 10th, 2005 07:03 AM
IanBillen 1.Steel Wheels-Racious!, Gritty, Stones back at full throttle and all the questions were answered.

2.Licks-No theme....just a fantastic tour.

then it is a grab bag.

No Security-Their most sub-par for a Stones show in my eyes and ears.
Seen them in Pittsburgh. Good show, but nothing spectacular.

*Sure wish I could of went to A Bigger Bang. It looks as like the title....a Bang of a show. Looks solid.

Everyone keeps whining about the setlist this tour (although they say the sound is awesome). What do folks want? Every tour can't play the obscurities as much as others. Especially a stadium tour. It has to stick to the basics for the most part. And ultimately this tour is really a Stadium show tour. So they have to stick to the hot stadium numbers. It is what it is. They cannot play Gomper in a stadium with 80,000 and expect everyone to go nuts.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
December 10th, 2005 12:20 PM
Jumping Jack I am having as much fun on this tour as any since 75. If I tried to have as much fun as 75 at this age I'd be dead now, LOL!
December 10th, 2005 02:12 PM
BILL PERKS BOTH SHOWS I SAW WERE GREAT..MY LEAST FAVORITE TOUR WAS VOODOO LOUNGE..I JUST DIDNT THINK THEY WERE VERY GOOD MUSICALLY.
December 10th, 2005 02:16 PM
glencar Despite your rude persona, you usually have pretty good opinions of the Stones.
December 10th, 2005 02:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
im not sure what you 2 are listening to...

the obvious answer is the '72 tour

the 72 setlists became boring and extremely repetitive and far too short. This tour has been given far too much credit, particularly due to the Brussells Affair being the best bootleg ever made available.
December 10th, 2005 03:12 PM
star star
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the 72 setlists became boring and extremely repetitive and far too short. This tour has been given far too much credit, particularly due to the Brussells Affair being the best bootleg ever made available.

...and thats why taylor hated it! they shouldve mixed and matched it a bit like during the 69/70 tours, i think on the 72/73 tours they only swapped the odd one say Bye Bye Johnny for Love in Vain etc
December 10th, 2005 03:29 PM
marko Actually,72 set list really didnīt change at all.
Only on first few ones,and few last ones,where they did
shows with stevie wonder.
December 10th, 2005 04:00 PM
Joey

Steel Wheels , 1989 ( Ames , IA )
December 10th, 2005 04:07 PM
lotsajizz energy-1969
virtuousity-1973
setlists-2002
sound-now
[Edited by lotsajizz]
December 10th, 2005 05:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
energy-1969
virtuousity-1973
setlists-2002
sound-now

YEP

(Cant comment on the sound on this tour yet, but consensus seems that its better than it ever has been)

Just a pity the setlists have been uninspiring
December 10th, 2005 06:22 PM
Soldatti pre 1989: 1972-73
post 1989: Licks
December 10th, 2005 06:26 PM
T&A always an easy answer for me anytime I see the two words "best" and "tour" in question:

December 10th, 2005 06:47 PM
Shawn20 The 89 tour came out of nowhere.....no one could have imagined how grand and great that show was.
December 10th, 2005 07:07 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
Despite your rude persona, you usually have pretty good opinions of the Stones.

THANKS..REMEBER THE IDIOT LISTS?
THOSE WERE THE DAYS
December 10th, 2005 07:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

"..like sands through an hourglass.." (or something..)
December 11th, 2005 01:30 AM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Nah, that was actually pretty week. But your Stones taste is impeccable. Joey could learn from you.
December 11th, 2005 07:49 AM
Jumacfly "Why is BILL PERKS so hated" was a hell of a thread!
December 11th, 2005 08:07 AM
speedfreakjive These criteria should have been separated. Cos they don't equate to the best tour. But if you want the best tour with best sound AND setlist, then No Security, due to the amount of songs which were debuted, Some Girls off the Boston soundboard being a personal fave.
December 11th, 2005 08:10 AM
IanBillen [quote]Jumacfly wrote:
"Why is BILL PERKS so hated" was a hell of a thread!

Because he's an Asshole! Yeah, he will tell you that himself. But you know, assholes can know the scoup, the deal, the real deal. Some times Mr. Perks tells us how it goes. And we have to say yeah, Mr. Preks (you asshole doggy dog you) I cannot agree more.

Hey Perks. Are you gonna follow the beat or do I gotta whip ya?

Ian
December 11th, 2005 08:14 AM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Jumacfly wrote:
"Why is BILL PERKS so hated" was a hell of a thread!

Because he's an Asshole! Yeah, he will tell you that himself. But you know, assholes can know the scoup, the deal, the real deal. Some times Mr. Perks tells us how it goes. And we have to say yeah, Mr. Preks (you asshole doggy dog you) I cannot agree more. And yes, that Mo-Fo Perks hasn't been this happy in years. The Rolling Stones just rocked his boat again like he didn't think they could have done again. That is why we haven't heard much from him lately. He loves the new Stones album and he is busy with it!

Hey Perks. Are you gonna follow the beat or do I gotta whip ya?

Ian

December 11th, 2005 09:18 AM
gustavobala 1975 TOTA - tour of the americas....no doubts, both sounds and set list (what a start...honk tonk women, all down the line, star star, if u canīt rock me/get out off my clouds, gimme shelther...

ohh yeahh 1973 european is great in sounds...but a incomplete set list
December 11th, 2005 11:31 AM
StonesChick I'd have to say Licks because of the setlists.

December 11th, 2005 12:40 PM
the good In terms of setlists, there can be little doubt that the prize goes to 40 licks. It was a really great idea to feature 4 songs from a classic Stones album for each of the arena shows. We were lucky enough to have four from Let It Bleed at the First Union Center in Philadelphia. I wish the Stones would do more things like this to promote their album catalog.

The forty licks First Union show was also great from an energy standpoint. Gimme Shelter was played with such an intensity that you could really feel the tension, anger, and desperation that spawned the song. Mick and Lisa had some great interactions, and Keith and Woody were really into it. Brown Sugar was also great. I will never forget Mick running, jumping, and strutting up and down the runway at the end of it.

In terms of sound, it has been stated many times, but this tour is really heads and shoulders above any of the others that I have attended ( Voodoo Lounge, No Security, Forty Licks). This is especially true of the guitars. They turned them way up and they are really driving the sound. You can actually hear Woody!
[Edited by the good]
December 11th, 2005 12:44 PM
T&A if you don't say "1972" then I just don't know you....
December 11th, 2005 12:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
the good wrote:
In terms of setlists, there can be little doubt that the prize goes to 40 licks. It was a really great idea to feature 4 songs from a classic Stones album for each of the arena shows. We were lucky enough to have four from Let It Bleed at the First Union Center in Philadelphia. I wish the Stones would do more things like this to promote their album catalog.

The forty licks First Union show was also great from an energy standpoint. Gimme Shelter was played with such an intensity that you could really feel the tension, anger, and desperation that spawned the song. Mick and Lisa had some great interactions, and Keith and Woody were really into it. Brown Sugar was also great. I will never forget Mick running, jumping, and strutting up and down the runway at the end of it.

In terms of sound, it has been stated many times, but this tour is really heads and shoulders above any of the others that I have attended ( Voodoo Lounge, No Security, Forty Licks). This is especially true of the guitars. They turned them way up and they are really driving the sound. You can actually hear Woody!
[Edited by the good]

The sound is fantastic this tour and regardless of how woody is playing, they are putting his guitar front and center and I think it is fantastic. He has made his share of mistakes, but so does Keith (ever hear him open Brown Sugar correctly?), but Keith is up in the mix and playing better than he has since 1990 and Woody is being forced to not hide and better shows are the result
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)