ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Berlin 2006 Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 9th, 2005 08:09 AM
Gazza For those of you going to a few Euro shows, you may recall we put together a list of projected shows as a result of usuing the hidden codes on rs.com (see page 1 of this thread)

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/12%2D07%2D2005/218330-1.html

It now appears that there will be a show in Berlin on 21st July. Venue still to be announced (ticket sales for germany have been slow, so maybe it'll be somewhere like the Waldbuhne instead of the much larger Olympic stadium)

The rs.com concert ID # for this show is 356.

Link to Berlin page on rs.com:

https://tickets.rollingstones.com/ticket.php?show_id=356
[Edited by Gazza]
December 9th, 2005 09:38 AM
marko Hope to see u there!
December 9th, 2005 10:10 AM
Gazza yep..I plan on being at that one, ok

Nice and Berlin will be my two overseas 'trips' for this tour.

Paris and Barcelona are too close to my 'ordinary' holiday and I think I'll skip Amsterdam due to the bad reports about the sound at that venue.

The price of the UK tickets mean that my only UK shows will be London, unfortunately. I might do Dublin but only if I can get back the same night
December 9th, 2005 10:49 AM
erikjjf Now it says Olympiastadion.
December 9th, 2005 11:02 AM
Gazza achtung bollocks!

was hoping for Waldbuhne, but what the hell...
December 9th, 2005 11:03 AM
jb This will fall short of a sell-out..Gwermany was hot for the Stones in 97, but last tour, reduced crowds(see AC/DC add on).
December 9th, 2005 11:13 AM
Gazza ticket sales for Germany have been comparatively slow up to now (as they have been everywhere but London it seems), which is why I was hoping this would be the smaller venue

Josh...I will see the Stones at the scene of the great Jesse Owens' triumph in the 1936 Olympics!
December 9th, 2005 11:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
ticket sales for Germany have been comparatively slow up to now (as they have been everywhere but London it seems), which is why I was hoping this would be the smaller venue

Josh...I will see the Stones at the scene of the great Jesse Owens' triumph in the 1936 Olympics!

not to worry, Young Jake will paper the house...I am also hearing rumors of a major opening act (YOU HEARD IT HERE) to help promote ticket sales.

Sadly, U2 could bring "JOey and the Gas Passers" as the opening act and sell out a string of 8 shows at the big stadium. We should raise ticket prices in order to accomodate the potential deficit that will cause U2 to pass us by. $25 USD for a bottom ticket price is unacceptable. I do not blame them for not paying club gigs, although i predict there will be one surprise club gig in Europe (i shall release the venue when i am told i can)
December 9th, 2005 11:41 AM
jb Horrendous European sales=return to states!!!!
December 9th, 2005 11:57 AM
Gazza return to states = horrendous audiences!

December 9th, 2005 12:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
return to states = horrendous audiences!

please see "The Salt Lake Incident" for proof!

Gazza, you hit the nail on the head! Thankfully the Chicago, Boston, and NYC crowds are strong, but we will never have the quality of crowds that the stones get when playing in South America or certain European venues.
December 9th, 2005 12:21 PM
gimmekeef Theres still demand in some US markets especially the South where for instance Atlanta got only one arena show which sold extremely fast....Plus the tix are going on sale so far in advance these days(guess who gets the money faster!)that for some folks to plan months ahead at this time of year doesnt make sense....As far as U2 they will finish before the Stones and therefore Cohl will keep our guys out until they hit a higher tour gross...Not to worry..
December 9th, 2005 12:38 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Theres still demand in some US markets especially the South where for instance Atlanta got only one arena show which sold extremely fast....Plus the tix are going on sale so far in advance these days(guess who gets the money faster!)that for some folks to plan months ahead at this time of year doesnt make sense....As far as U2 they will finish before the Stones and therefore Cohl will keep our guys out until they hit a higher tour gross...Not to worry..

You shall be greeted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 9th, 2005 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Theres still demand in some US markets especially the South where for instance Atlanta got only one arena show which sold extremely fast....Plus the tix are going on sale so far in advance these days(guess who gets the money faster!)that for some folks to plan months ahead at this time of year doesnt make sense....As far as U2 they will finish before the Stones and therefore Cohl will keep our guys out until they hit a higher tour gross...Not to worry..

we can only hope that Jake is able to convince Michael to keep the stones out a little longer so we can keep our record just one more tour at least!
December 9th, 2005 02:17 PM
glencar Any comparisons between the actual number of shows from tour to tour? The 1981 US Tour surely had at least 50% more shows than this one or Licks.
December 9th, 2005 02:53 PM
Gazza well they played bigger stadiums back then and the shows were general admission werent they?

This all-seated nonsense cuts the capacity considerably - however they played several arena shows in 1981. However some of the crowds they played to in 1981-82 were massive - 90,000 both shows in Philly, 75-80,000 both nights in Pontiac etc and there were several shows in Europe that were at least as big. Stadiums dont hold that many people anymore - they wont top that for a crowd unless theyre playing in a field.

The tours that followed tended to be stadiums. I think the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour was exclusively stadiums (something like 60 in America, 10 in japan and 45 in Europe). I think the 3 Atlantic City shows were about the only exception.

Voodoo Lounge was an even bigger tour and apart from a few theatre shows, I think it was all stadiums as well.
December 9th, 2005 02:59 PM
gimmekeef Although unquestionably imho 72 remains the gold standard.VL 94/95 certainly from an attendance,gross,sell outs and quality of performance is something no other band comparitively speaking will ever top...(gross will someday be beaten due to higher prices..not more asses in seats)
December 9th, 2005 03:05 PM
glencar How many asses were there?
December 9th, 2005 03:07 PM
Gazza thats exactly it, gimmekeef

That tour will remain the biggest tour in real terms for the rest of our lifetime

If U2 or anyone were to outgross it this year, it means nothing - its only because of inflation.

When you look at how ticket prices have risen in the last 10-11 years since VL, it gives you the right perspective
[Edited by Gazza]
December 9th, 2005 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
thats exactly it, gimmekeef

That tour will remain the biggest tour in real terms for the rest of our lifetime

If U2 or anyone were to outgross it this year, it means nothing - its only because of inflation.

When you look at how ticket prices have risen in the last 10-11 years since VL, it gives you the right perspective
[Edited by Gazza]

Cohl(Jake) will notlet that happen..he'll personally drag Keith out of bed to play more shows at greater cost to keep the "record" alive.....................we must never lose to a piece of shit band like U2...they are everything wrong with our current society...
December 9th, 2005 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Cohl(Jake) will notlet that happen..he'll personally drag Keith out of bed to play more shows at greater cost to keep the "record" alive.....................we must never lose to a piece of shit band like U2...they are everything wrong with our current society...

Sadly, the 1972 tour featured a very short set that hardly varied from show to show, if at all beyond the first few shows. By todays expectations, the boards would have eaten this tour alive. We (true stones fans) will grow to appreciate this tour over time, just as the VL tour has gained respect over the years.
December 9th, 2005 03:38 PM
Gazza 1972 wasnt a nostalgia-fest though

Most of the songs played each night consisted of songs never played in the US before, or at all.

Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, etc werent 'warhorses' then - they were new songs.
December 9th, 2005 03:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
1972 wasnt a nostalgia-fest though

Most of the songs played each night consisted of songs never played in the US before, or at all.

Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, etc werent 'warhorses' then - they were new songs.

realistically though, a band which is about 10 years old during that era could not be a nostalgia act....look at the setlists from the 75-76 tour to see what they were capable of. I am glad I was only one year old during the Some Girls Tour...the setlists were far to short then as well. Thankfully things have improved!

for my baby joey:

Cher, Isabella Rossellini (who would later wear a Sant'Angelo to the Oscars), Mica, Ertegun, Bianca Jagger, and even her husband, Mick-were returning the favor, lavishing the charismatic Italian with adoration, money, and fame.

The ease and flamboyance of his designs mirrored Sant'Angelo's personal life. In the heyday of wall-to-wall carpeting, his clothes were made for lounging on floor pillows, rapping with friends, drinking white wine. A slim, ebullient man who dressed in his own wild Lycra prints, Sant'Angelo was extra-social and extra-sensual. China Machado, a senior editor at Harper's Bazaar in the seventies, remembers taking Sant'Angelo along to a house she'd rented in Venezuela with several other couples (among them Geraldo Rivera and his second wife Edie Vonnegut).

The ease and flamboyance of his designs mirrored Sant'Angelo's personal life.

He poured his heart and soul into extravagant fittings for private clients like Lena Horne, for whom he created an amazing performance wardrobe.

The designer's sense of drama extended beyond the runway to his own personal history. When asked by a reporter if he had ever been robbed, Sant'Angelo replied yes, once: A 30-carat blue diamond, a family heirloom, had been stolen from his house in the Fire Island Pines. Why (or, in fact, whether) he kept a 30-carat diamond in the Pines is up for debate. Then there was his name: He had already become "Giorgio" from Jorge in the early sixties, and by the mid-sixties he had swapped Imperatrice for di Sant'Angelo. Ten years later he would change it once more, this time dropping the "di" to fashion a more democratic feel and a better rhythm. That didn't last either; by 1986 he had reinstated it.
December 12th, 2005 08:03 AM
Gazza Berlin has now been officially confirmed for Friday 21st July and pre-sales have started today. Amex holders can get tickets here :

http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tinfo.dll?fun=tdetailb&id=EVE404931134383143H&doc=funktion/fun_deb_sta&key=194419$289540&affiliate=vst

In their infinite wisdom, the Stones have decided to reward their German fanbase by making the ticket prices for this show 20-25% higher for the pitch than the rest of the German shows!
December 12th, 2005 08:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
How many asses were there?

I think over 5 million people attended the Voodoo Lounge tour. No doubt Soldatti has the figures somewhere!
December 12th, 2005 08:50 AM
charlotte
quote:
Gazza wrote:
In their infinite wisdom, the Stones have decided to reward their German fanbase by making the ticket prices for this show 20-25% higher for the pitch than the rest of the German shows!

WTF? outrageous...unless they play 25% longer...if that is the case Gazza, I will refund your Euros, heck I will go out on a short limb and say refund if they play 22 songs!!

But I guess Michael will say after the 18 song performance "Berlin has a curfew of 22:00"

[Edited by charlotte]
December 12th, 2005 08:52 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Berlin has the same price range as the other German shows.
December 12th, 2005 09:01 AM
Gazza yes, so I see now....I was just quoting Bjornulf's original post on the IORR news page - seems he got the info wrong
December 12th, 2005 09:13 AM
charlotte OK, whew...thought my good friends in Berlin were getting it up the anal canal...

ok, now we can justify an 18 song setlist...but watch the curfew...we all know Berlin closes very early in the evening...
December 12th, 2005 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
charlotte wrote:
OK, whew...thought my good friends in Berlin were getting it up the anal canal...

ok, now we can justify an 18 song setlist...but watch the curfew...we all know Berlin closes very early in the evening...

Charlotte was perhaps, my favorite show......
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)