ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones autographed snooker table on Ebay Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 7th, 2005 07:45 AM
JAFO Check it out. The snooker table used by The Stones during their outdoor concert in Moncton, NB is now listed on Ebay. Be sure to add it to your watch list to see who the lucky winner will be.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7570331671
December 7th, 2005 06:59 PM
the worst kinda guy ask the seller to provide solid proof as who really singed
the table
December 7th, 2005 08:16 PM
56DeSoto This would be a great deal...if your name happened to be "Kaley."

December 7th, 2005 09:22 PM
JAFO The signatures were witnessed by a number of people who were granted backstage access. Kaley is a very sick, young girl and the reason that the band members signed the table (a rare occurence in itself) to her was so that it could be used to raise funds for her medical expenses. A very generous offer indeed.
December 8th, 2005 05:34 AM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
JAFO wrote:
The signatures were witnessed by a number of people who were granted backstage access. Kaley is a very sick, young girl and the reason that the band members signed the table (a rare occurence in itself) to her was so that it could be used to raise funds for her medical expenses. A very generous offer indeed.

that's fine , but there is no way to prove that mick , charlie
keith and ronny where the ones who signed the table.
December 8th, 2005 05:54 AM
JAFO Last night I was speaking with the gentleman who signed the letter that is shown in the auction. He is willing to provide a sworn statement that he was the person who asked the Stones to sign the table and actually handed the marker used to Mick himself.

The table is the real deal and would be the ultimate piece of Stones memorabilia to add to your collection.
[Edited by JAFO]
December 8th, 2005 08:03 AM
Madafaka Where's the COA?
December 8th, 2005 09:30 AM
JAFO I have no idea what's involved in getting a COA. I'm not an expert in celebrity autographs, I just happen to have the opportunity to list such an item for sale. I can provide photographic proof that the table was the one used by the Stones during their Moncton stop. I can provide a paper trail of all the transactions and contracts involved. I can provide a sworn statement from the person who not only asked them to sign the table, but even provided the marker and stood there while all four added their signatures to the felt.

I'm not going to argue the authenticity of the table. I know what I have. If you have doubts, don't bid. If you're a Stones fan and want to own a centerpiece to your Stone's collection, I am offering it. When's the last time something like this was offered for sale? Anyone know?
December 8th, 2005 11:52 AM
56DeSoto If this is a charity thing, it should be mentioned in the auction.
December 8th, 2005 12:27 PM
JAFO Ebay has strict rules for listing items for fundraising or charity purposes, and for good reason. We wanted to get the table listed prior to the end of the year and getting a letter of authorization from the fundraiser, sending that to ebay, getting it okayed by them and then posting the listing would have slowed down the process considerably. As it was, we wanted to have the table listed more than a month ago, but for reasons that aren't important here, it didn't happen. In the end, the choice was made to let the table stand on its own merits and list it without mention of the fundraising. Once the table has been sold, a cheque presentation will be made publically and the winning bidder is more than welcome to be a part of that. As it stands, in all of the media coverage that the table is garnering, mention is being made that the profits from the auction are going to charity.
December 8th, 2005 12:38 PM
JAFO Here's the story from CBC news:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/12/07/Arts/snooker_051206.html?ref=rss

Stones' snooker table on eBay

A snooker table used by the Rolling Stones prior to a recent concert in Moncton will be auctioned off to help pay the medical costs of a sick child.

The table is signed by the Stones and has a doodle by Ron Wood.

Mick Jagger signed the felt "Love, Mick," while Keith Richards wrote "Ronnie is a lousy winner." Wood and Charlie Watts each signed the table "To Kaley." Wood, a talented artist, included a doodled image depicting his winning snooker skills.

The table was backstage during the Stones' Sept. 3 gig in Moncton. It was listed on eBay late Tuesday.

Mike Sauter, a local meat shop owner, is selling the table to buy medical equipment for two-year-old Kaley Fogarty. Fogarty received a donor kidney from her mother two months ago.

"Kaley's on her way to getting better," Sauter said. "I feel fortunate to have healthy children and all we want to do with this is give some other child a good chance, too."

Sauter and the table's co-owner, Len Blanchard, have been involved in various fundraisers for Fogarty's care. They bought the regulation 25-year-old table after hearing concert organizers were looking for one to place backstage and provided it on condition it be signed by the Stones themselves.

"We didn't figure there was any way they'd sign that table just for a couple of (meat guys) so we thought maybe they'd do it for Kaley," Sauter said according to Canadian Press.

Bidding closes in 10 days.
December 8th, 2005 03:40 PM
voodoopug WHat a kind gesture. THe Stones (along with both Cohl's) should be recognized for giving back to the country that has given them so much. I applaud you!
December 8th, 2005 03:46 PM
Jumping Jack It would look great in your basement Mr. Pug!
December 8th, 2005 04:13 PM
mrhipfl haha! "Ronnie is a lousy winner"
December 8th, 2005 04:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
It would look great in your basement Mr. Pug!

It truly would, but I have just installed a 268 pound air hockey table, bar style dart machine, poker table (with bumper pool), basketball game, childrens jungle gym, 400 watt stereo system, and serveral guitar amps/PA system/Bass rigs. At this point, I want to hold off before putting anything else down there!
December 8th, 2005 07:03 PM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
JAFO wrote:
I have no idea what's involved in getting a COA. I'm not an expert in celebrity autographs, I just happen to have the opportunity to list such an item for sale. I can provide photographic proof that the table was the one used by the Stones during their Moncton stop. I can provide a paper trail of all the transactions and contracts involved. I can provide a sworn statement from the person who not only asked them to sign the table, but even provided the marker and stood there while all four added their signatures to the felt.

I'm not going to argue the authenticity of the table. I know what I have. If you have doubts, don't bid. If you're a Stones fan and want to own a centerpiece to your Stone's collection, I am offering it. When's the last time something like this was offered for sale? Anyone know?

bottom line is you still can't prove who signed the table.
paper trail don't prove who signed the table. sworn statements don't prove who signed the table. i can make a COA here on my PC for anything.
December 8th, 2005 08:00 PM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
JAFO wrote:
Ebay has strict rules for listing items for fundraising or charity purposes, and for good reason. We wanted to get the table listed prior to the end of the year and getting a letter of authorization from the fundraiser, sending that to ebay, getting it okayed by them and then posting the listing would have slowed down the process considerably. As it was, we wanted to have the table listed more than a month ago, but for reasons that aren't important here, it didn't happen. In the end, the choice was made to let the table stand on its own merits and list it without mention of the fundraising. Once the table has been sold, a cheque presentation will be made publically and the winning bidder is more than welcome to be a part of that. As it stands, in all of the media coverage that the table is garnering, mention is being made that the profits from the auction are going to charity.

in other words , you're pulling a scam on ebay. you know good and well selling and item for charity or fundraising
isn't allowed on ebay. this item has been reported to ebay.
December 8th, 2005 08:01 PM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
56DeSoto wrote:
If this is a charity thing, it should be mentioned in the auction.

it's been reported as being sold for charity.
December 8th, 2005 08:34 PM
oldkr all i can say is you live up to your name

jeez!
December 8th, 2005 10:28 PM
JAFO
quote:
the worst kinda guy wrote:
bottom line is you still can't prove who signed the table.
paper trail don't prove who signed the table. sworn statements don't prove who signed the table. i can make a COA here on my PC for anything.

Would you be satisfied if I had Mick give you a call to say that he signed it? If you can make a COA, then please be my guest and stop bugging me for one. Go play elsewhere, your negativity is not welcomed here.
December 8th, 2005 10:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
all i can say is you live up to your name

jeez!

I stand by my original statement that this is a great gesture! thank you for backing me up oldkr (the biggest keef resource on the net!) You have been a good friend and an excellent caretaker of your pug Mozart...say hello to board member BILL PERKS, he is a fellow pug owner as well!
December 9th, 2005 05:37 AM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
JAFO wrote:

Would you be satisfied if I had Mick give you a call to say that he signed it? If you can make a COA, then please be my guest and stop bugging me for one. Go play elsewhere, your negativity is not welcomed here.

you're a scam artist. not telling Ebay it's for charity
is fraud. why don't you prove who signed it ? you can't can you ? i reported the table as being sold for charity and fundraising purposes.
your
welcome
December 9th, 2005 05:57 AM
JAFO
quote:
the worst kinda guy wrote:

you're a scam artist. not telling Ebay it's for charity
is fraud. why don't you prove who signed it ? you can't can you ? i reported the table as being sold for charity and fundraising purposes.
your
welcome

I think I hear your mommy calling you. I'll provide whatever proof the winning bidder requires but I've got nothing to prove to you.
[Edited by JAFO]
December 9th, 2005 05:58 AM
Flairville Don't you get out much 'Worst Kinda Guy'?
December 9th, 2005 06:19 AM
Jumping Jack Worst, are you an attorney?
December 9th, 2005 06:45 AM
JAFO
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Worst, are you an attorney?

Naw, he's just a cork soaker. Ask him nicely and he'll print off a COA stating that fact too.
December 9th, 2005 05:12 PM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
JAFO wrote:

Naw, he's just a cork soaker. Ask him nicely and he'll print off a COA stating that fact too.

you're a wanker. too bad you can't provide pics of the stones signing said item. you're a fake and a lie.
December 9th, 2005 09:31 PM
JAFO Thank you to those who have had kind words and support for this effort. The reserve has been met on the auction and there is still a full week left to go. Some lucky person will get themselves the ultimate in Stones memorabilia while supporting a worthwhile cause at the same time.
December 9th, 2005 09:42 PM
glencar Oh good!
December 10th, 2005 09:48 PM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
JAFO wrote:
Thank you to those who have had kind words and support for this effort. The reserve has been met on the auction and there is still a full week left to go. Some lucky person will get themselves the ultimate in Stones memorabilia while supporting a worthwhile cause at the same time.

im trying my best to shut the scam artist down.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)