ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 - Killing the Stones! Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 6th, 2005 05:36 AM
corgi37 U2 sold out 70,000 in jig time. Crashed the phone system. Not sure if its just for the 1 Melbourne gig, or for Sydney as well. Demand is ultra high. Ebay has tickets for $4,500!!! Most anticipated tour...ever! All records smashed, including Robbie Williams 2 years ago.

Another show is for sure. Maybe another after that. All stadiums.

Because of their dithering, the Stones might not even make it. Not that they really give a shit, i guess. But, due to other things, stadiums will not be available. And, with their ticket prices (no doubt) approx. double for what U2 are charging, a 2006 Stones Oz tour is not looking too good. The bad press they will get is gonna kill it. Put into that mix, Christmas, January bill paying, maybe a Macca tour, football club memberships, and it looks utterly depressing.
December 6th, 2005 05:53 AM
Jumping Jack I thought our friends down under were men of wealth and taste. Wealth perhaps, but if they choose U2 over the Stones they have questionable taste.

Maybe being upside down on then bottom of the earth has the blood running to their brains?
December 6th, 2005 06:04 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I thought our friends down under were men of wealth and taste. Wealth perhaps, but if they choose U2 over the Stones they have questionable taste.

Maybe being upside down on then bottom of the earth has the blood running to their brains?

The Stones strategy sucks big time.
period.
Becuz of high tix prices they play for the elite, unlike U2 who play for fans and "normal" people.

God bless Marketing and Michael Cohl.

[Edited by Jumacfly]
December 6th, 2005 06:35 AM
Flashpoint
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

LOL!

But I live in Argentina and me and everybody down here can refute that statement
December 6th, 2005 06:57 AM
Jumping Jack The underachievers of the world get what they deserve. Let them eat cake and listen to Bono and Macca!!! Everyone needs a goal to strive for.

Work hard, make Cohl rich!!!
December 6th, 2005 10:08 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

The Stones strategy sucks big time.
period.
Becuz of high tix prices they play for the elite, unlike U2 who play for fans and "normal" people.

God bless Marketing and Michael Cohl.

[Edited by Jumacfly]

U2 Play for the normal people?....Their prices are still well above industry averages and considered pricey.The Stones are the highest because after 40 years they remain the gold standard.In ten years when the Stones are gone if U2 are still around just watch what they charge then when they have the stage to themselves....
December 6th, 2005 10:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

U2 Play for the normal people?....Their prices are still well above industry averages and considered pricey.The Stones are the highest because after 40 years they remain the gold standard.In ten years when the Stones are gone if U2 are still around just watch what they charge then when they have the stage to themselves....

400$ for a tix is a decent price, you re right.
December 6th, 2005 10:30 AM
Jumping Jack Market price. The front rows are worth $1000+ to many who buy them through VIP packages and brokers.

What is a RW inkjet print (Giclee) worth? How about an original? How about a Van Gogh? Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them them. Giclees are French BTW, so thank them for $2500 posters.

Personally, I think Superbowl, World Series, and World Cup tickets are too expensive and will not buy them. Others think they are worth it. The open market sets the price. No one forces you to buy.
December 6th, 2005 10:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
No one forces you to buy.

hopefully!!
December 6th, 2005 11:08 AM
Jumping Jack Don't give Cohl any ideas, LOL!!!
December 6th, 2005 11:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Don't give Cohl any ideas, LOL!!!

he doesn't need us to have such brilliant ideas like rarities or ABB limited edition

please excuse my negative tone, but nowadays I m very upset with those stoopid marketing methods, and disapointed by many things like above or the tix prices.
December 6th, 2005 11:24 AM
Jumping Jack Burn, baby, burn.
December 6th, 2005 11:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Burn, baby, burn.

burn burn yes you gotta burn (RATM circa 1992)
December 6th, 2005 02:16 PM
texile u2 was such a major force in my adolescent life -
now i'm sick of bono and his jeweled crown....
December 6th, 2005 03:15 PM
Prodigal Son It's happening with U2 already. Longer gaps between albums (4 years between Zooropa and Pop, 3 years between that and All That You Can't Leave Behind and 4 years until How to Build...etc.), more commercial product sounding music. Remember, after 25 years the Stones were about to enter their "Steel Wheelchairs" phase. Don't be surprised if U2's albums get less challenging artistcially and are more aimed as companion pieces to their gigantically priced world tours (sounding familiar?).
December 6th, 2005 04:30 PM
voodoopug With Michael Cohl at the top of the pecking order with both U2 and the Stones (along with young Jake!), sadly, we (true stones fans) will no longer be able to say we are fans of the worlds greatest rock and roll band. Mr. Cohl has began the slow transformation of this title from the STones to U2. Unless each of us (just the true stones fans) encourage one person each to stop being a U2 fan...we will lose out and be humiliated. Corgi is wise enough to see this coming...it shall start in Australia and spread from there on out!

Combine this with the "salt lake incident"....the stones and the true fans (us) have been put to the test of total humiliation.
December 6th, 2005 04:42 PM
texile sadly, u2 is "cooler" to audiences....
people can't tell the difference between bombast and real arrogance....
only jagger needs to be on top - the stones as an entity are above all the competition because they're sitting on top of thier own universe - they have thier history, reputation - good and bad - and they got eternal immaturity.
u2 needs to be on top in sales and poularity because when that ends...they will be just a relic of the 80s, 90s.....
even jagger said once when asked if he ever worried about being eclipsed in history.
'we've been eclipsed by herman's hermits...'
December 6th, 2005 06:13 PM
Soldatti At least they sold out Argentina in two weeks, the 100.000 more expensive tickets of the history of this country are gone.
December 6th, 2005 06:35 PM
Daethgod man Bono makes me ill..
he makes Sting look like a terrorist

all that tree hugging, photo-op hogging, preaching whiny bullsheeeet.
Bono - you are a singer in a band.. not a freaking savior.

and take off your sunglasses at night ... geesh.. even Corey Harts know its so very 80 s...

btw i though the Zoomerang tour at the MCG was rocking ..

anyone else notice what a pussy boy Bono seemed in the presence of Sir Mick in the Being Mick DVD ?

December 6th, 2005 07:12 PM
texile [quote]Daethgod wrote:
and take off your sunglasses at night ... geesh.. even Corey Harts know its so very 80 s...

[/quote

obnoxious as hell - like he didn't start off as a christian rock band in dublin.....
nothing against christian rock, mind you - but bono just doesn't have the vibe to convincingly pull off the decadent-condescending-rock star shtick.
December 6th, 2005 08:48 PM
corgi37 Bono claimed a couple of weeks ago he wears the sunglasses because he has sensitive eyes. Evidently, when he looks in a mirror, his halo blinds him!

Oh, and official, U2's ticket buying phenomenon has broken all records here in Oz. Michael Coppel has convinced the to do another 2 stadium shows, 1 each in Sydney & Melbourne to try to meet demand.

Why couldnt the Stones have gotten in first? I just fear the "market" will be saturated, and people wont be able to afford to go to see them. Particularly, the pensioners.

Not even taking into account stadiums will just about be unavailable.
December 6th, 2005 11:18 PM
rockon I saw the Stones twice and U2 once this fall. The Stones should charge double: they are twice as good as U2.
December 7th, 2005 05:41 AM
RSRTG I'll be absolutely devastated if I dont get my stones fix next year in oz!
December 7th, 2005 09:28 PM
corgi37 You and me both, brother.
December 7th, 2005 10:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
man Bono makes me ill..
he makes Sting look like a terrorist

all that tree hugging, photo-op hogging, preaching whiny bullsheeeet.
Bono - you are a singer in a band.. not a freaking savior.

btw i though the Zoomerang tour at the MCG was rocking ..

anyone else notice what a pussy boy Bono seemed in the presence of Sir Mick in the Being Mick DVD ?

Sadly, the only thing that would be worse is if he began to wear his pants hung low exposing his boxer shorts similar to many members of the ghetto trash community. Hopefully, Young Jake Cohl will advise against this.
December 12th, 2005 08:38 PM
corgi37 2nd Melbourne stadium show sold out. 1st band to sell out Telstra for 2 shows. Demand for tix unprecedented! Over 450,000 sold for 8 Oz shows.

Hey, maybe the Stones could open for them? A snappy 45 minute set would be great.

P.S. its all over, isnt it? I feel like crying.
December 12th, 2005 08:41 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
2nd Melbourne stadium show sold out. 1st band to sell out Telstra for 2 shows. Demand for tix unprecedented! Over 450,000 sold for 8 Oz shows.

Hey, maybe the Stones could open for them? A snappy 45 minute set would be great.

Australia is humiliatinmg us..first Mel Gibson and now U2........Corgi...you must leave asap!!!
December 12th, 2005 08:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

45 minute sets may be coming sooner than you think, as they continue to trim the set list, below twenty tracks and into the teens...
December 12th, 2005 09:22 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

45 minute sets may be coming sooner than you think, as they continue to trim the set list, below twenty tracks and into the teens...

They need to get rid of some of the shit(Infamy, RFD, Night Time) and play some real tunes like GS, SFM, and MR every set.........they are boring at times during the show.
December 13th, 2005 09:24 AM
corgi37 I would leave this country, but i have to fight some Lebanese first.

And, no other country would take me anyway.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)