ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jumbo jaunt for Stones - Australia Return to archive
12-12-02 11:49 PM
CS Jumbo jaunt for Stones
By Nui Te Koha
December 11, 2002

THE Rolling Stones will charter a jumbo jet to cart a 250-strong entourage to Australia for a February tour.

mick jagger

It is believed the Stones' travelling party will include brat pack models Lizzie Jagger and Leah Wood, daughters of Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood, who are keen to holiday Down Under.

Lizzie Jagger, a $55,000-a-day model and Leah Wood's best pal, is regularly seen on the Los Angeles party circuit with Victorian-born Calvin Klein model, Travis Fimmel.

The Stones - Jagger, Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts - are all bringing family and friends to Australia.

"No other act that I can remember has had to charter their own 747 to get here," promoter Paul Dainty said late yesterday.

"It is for the band, the crew, the wives, the girlfriends and the families. The whole enchilada is something like 250 people."

Dainty said the Stones were looking forward to a string of shows interspersed with nice breaks.

"It is about being in Australia in summer. The tour is nice and leisurely with quite a few days off, which is what they wanted," he said.

The Stones perform at Rod Laver Arena on February 25.

Tickets, priced between $70 and $350, go on sale today.

Dainty played down speculation of a Stones' club show in Melbourne, similar to a one-night-only theatre gig in Sydney on February 18.

Michael Cohl, the Stones' international tour promoter, has told Dainty a tight schedule is the enemy.

The Stones' world tour, 40 Licks, is the biggest spectacle on the road, requiring 21 semi-trailer trucks to carry it.

By comparison, recent big scale shows by Cher, Janet Jackson and U2 are 10 to 13-truck tours.

Jagger's list of backstage demands for the tour are in line with rock royalty. He prefers to rent houses, while the band stays in hotels.

As well as the superstar trimmings, Jagger also has a contractual clause for sleep and privacy.

"My requirements? A huge list, but mostly, it's not stupid things like what colour chocolates are in your dressing room," Jagger has said.

"I really require lots of rehearsal. I like to be almost over-rehearsed. I need lots of sleep and privacy, that is, one hour a day."

Herald Sun
12-13-02 02:51 PM
jb The new threats against Australia are chilling.