ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jamming with Edward Return to archive
12-12-02 06:03 PM
exile I was shopping last night and picked myself up a copy of "Jamming with Edward" featuring Nicky Hopkins, Ry Cooder, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts

Im really enjoying it good tunes

I remember reading somewhere that it came from a day where Keith in one of his drug adlde binges didnt turn up for a recording session so they were all sitting around waiting Ry cooder was around and they just started jamming......is there any truth to this does anyone know?
12-12-02 06:18 PM
Mottrush Is this the newly released version you've purchased. I haven't seen it around yet. What is the second disc like?
12-12-02 06:21 PM
exile No unfortunatley it only has one disc
this isnt the newly realeased one

12-12-02 11:36 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
exile wrote:
I was shopping last night and picked myself up a copy of "Jamming with Edward" featuring Nicky Hopkins, Ry Cooder, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts

Im really enjoying it good tunes

I remember reading somewhere that it came from a day where Keith in one of his drug adlde binges didnt turn up for a recording session so they were all sitting around waiting Ry cooder was around and they just started jamming......is there any truth to this does anyone know?

Thats pretty much the story.
I love the song, It Hurts Me Too. Can you imagine how good it would be if they were recording for real? And, Highland Fling. Nicky was awesome. And Bill's fingers were flying!

Rick
12-13-02 04:11 AM
Mathijs Downtown Susie is from the same session.

Mathijs
12-13-02 07:44 AM
Maxlugar I actually keep a tape of it in my car.

I think this is the best example of what Charlie and Bill could do.

The best rhythm section in Rock and Roll, bar none.

Listen to Charlie change the beat ala Midnight Rambler. Shit!!

This was in the day when he would hit the high hat and snare at the same time creating such an evil whipping pistol crack!

I'm not a fan of him skipping the beat on the high hat. Just a little different.

OUI!

Francois Maxy!
12-13-02 06:09 PM
Soldatti I like this album. Is fun
In February 1972 chart by one week at the Top 40 in the Billboard 200 at No. 33