ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stu Header Return to archive
12-12-02 03:45 PM
Nellcote Ah yes, The foundation for over 20 years for the World's Greatest Rock & Roll band. He was one of a kind....

"Let's Drink to the Salt of the Earth!"
12-12-02 03:52 PM
Monkey Woman I second that motion, Nellcote! Let's take a drink to the memory of this great guy! Scotch whisky, preferably

Forever missed, never forgotten. Thank you, Stu.
12-12-02 03:54 PM
stonedinaustralia yes, thanks voodoo - with so much going on at the moment i probably would have forgotten this particular anniversary -he is sorely missed - well, certainly by me - with him he took an essential part of the stones spirit (imo)

although (and on a lighter note) it also reminds me...happy birthday tSYX...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-12-02 04:03 PM
Moonisup time flies

I still think it is sad that stu is not mentioned on 40 licks
12-12-02 04:08 PM
jb Rik....the Holiday spirit has settled in and most people, even the "regulars" are being very friendly. Merry Christmas .....from you friend....
12-12-02 04:13 PM
Moonisup yes, with 10 days it's my birthday and then x-mas

happy holidays josh!!
12-12-02 04:14 PM
jb You turn 20 or 21..What is legal age of drinking in Holland? What is legal age for having sex with red light districtt hookers? What is legal age for voting?
[Edited by jb]
12-12-02 04:16 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
You turn 20 or 21..What is legal age of drinking in Holland? What is legal age for having sex with red light districtt hookers? What is legal age for voting?
[Edited by jb]

I turn 20
legal drink: 16 for beer, 18 for stronger booze
voting: 18
drivers licence: 18
hookers: don't know, 10+?
12-12-02 04:18 PM
jb I am going to send my boys to Amsterdam when they turn 16, just like their dad...You will be around 29, so I hope they meet you and you can get them laid.
12-12-02 04:20 PM
Moonisup I'll guide them haha, no need to worry, holland sometimes a fun country
12-12-02 04:21 PM
jb Take them to the hash bars, the hookers, the "tulip" park ....avoid germany...
12-12-02 04:24 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy It's weird.

On December 12, 1985, Ian Stuart went down to the doctor's office. He died there of a heart attack. About ten minutes later, I was born.

Today I was sitting around, dejected. (17 today... thanks SIA!) I was in a band that was playing 95% stuff I didn't enjoy. A friend of mine comes up, who's in the band, and we strike up a conversation. He mentions he's playing drums in another band, a classic rock band. I ask if they need a bass player. He says "Hell, yeah, meet us after school!" Of course, I didn't bring my bass.

So I go down there and plunk out "Exile On Main Street Blues" on the piano, and they show up. They let me play piano, and damn me, I have the best time ever, sittin' on the piano, just pluggin' away, a nasty boogie-woogie style.

We kicked ass. I'm in the band. We play everything from the Stones to the Beatles to Pink Floyd, and I'm psyched.

So thanks, Stu, for twenty-five years of in-friggin'-credible piano.

Now I'm 17... delicious. R-Rated movies without the worry of being carded... not that I ever was... but now I can be like "Eat this, muthafuckah!"

But honor Stu today, everyone's favorite sixth Stone.

Get out either of the two albums with "She Said Yeah" on 'em. Put 'em in. Turm 'em up. Press pause so it doesn't start before you're ready.

Get a large drink of your choice (preferably Scotch).

Drink it.

Holler out "Alright my little three-chord wonders, you're on!" and press play.

Get fucking happy.

-tSYX --- Lemme hear you say ye-yeah!
12-12-02 04:28 PM
jb Rik...if you fly into New York for MSG, I will pay for your ticket..let me know asap...
12-12-02 04:37 PM
Moonisup I don't have the money, I am really sorry! If I had, i would be there!! I ain't that wealthy, just a poor student!
I am having already troubles to pay all the tix for london and paris next year, so I can't go to NYC, oh man, I would love to make, but I really can't

rik
12-12-02 10:56 PM
BILL PERKS DEC. 19,1985 I FLEW FROM NEW YORK TO LONDON FOR A WEEK LONG CLASS TRIP.I HAD NO IDEA STU DIED ON THE 12TH BUT I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO TREK TO THE FUNERAL IF I'D KNOWN.THE FUNERAL WAS ON THE 20TH AND I SPENT THAT DAY VISITING CHEYNE WALK AND OTHER STONES SITES THROUGHOUT THE CITY.IF AL GORE HAD ONLY INVENTED THE INTERNET BY THEN I COULD HAVE MADE IT.AS IT WAS,I DIDNT FIND OUT UNTIL JANUARY WHEN IT WAS REPORTED IN ROLLING STONE.I DID GET TOTALLY TRASHED AT THE HARD ROCK THAT NIGHT AND I'VE DEDICATED THAT NOLTE TO STU.
12-13-02 01:05 AM
riccardo The saddest thing to me is that he has been honoured with 20 seconds of music only on DW.Since they released a Pipes of Pan as a post mortem tribute to Brian somebody(Bill?Charlie?)should have bothered to release a cd of Stu playing piano ALONE.They have tons of recordings.What a pity!
12-14-02 12:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!