ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Billboard's excerpts from "Rolling Stones - 40 x 20." Return to archive
12-11-02 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Billboard made a review of the 40x20 exhibition, now on world tour currently in NYC. They selected three of the 20 photographers:

Gered Mankowitz, Kate Simon, and Fernando Aceves. Take a look, and see some pix here http://www.billboard.com/billboard/specialreport/stones_40x20/stones5.jsp there you can follow links to previous reviews.

Thanks Eduardo Vidaurreta for the heads up!

12-11-02 11:44 PM
rogerriffin this photo likes me so much!!!

it�s wonderful
12-12-02 11:06 AM
FPM C10
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Billboard made a review of the 40x20 exhibition, now on world tour currently in NYC. They selected three of the 20 photographers:

Thanks for the heads up; excellent photos in the article. HOWEVER, I find it offensive in the extreme that someone who works for BILLBOARD thinks Brian Jones was the DRUMMER for the Stones.

I hate it when people who have jobs I would love to have myself are incompetent. Mankowitz mentions "Brian" and Billboard assumes that no one will know who "Brian" is, since THEY obviously don't. And it's the music industry BIBLE.

12-12-02 12:01 PM
parmeda Voo...if you continue to post info on this 40 x 20 exhibition and its book, I will continue to back you and it up!

If any of you ever have the opportunity to see this...GO! Hopefully, you will walk away and understand the passion and appreciation that it has brought to me. And by all means, BUY THE BOOK...put it on your xmas lists!!! It's a wonderful piece to have if you are a serious collector.

Thanks for the Billboard link Voo!
12-12-02 01:17 PM
Street Fighting Man All I can say about that photo of Mick & Keith is....."We're going to wash that gray right out of your hair!"