ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: fmk what's the news to day Return to archive
12-11-02 03:39 AM
stonedinaustralia ..with the ticket sales, you heard anything?
12-11-02 03:45 AM
RubyFriday Hey Aussies ,on RS.com/tour they show Enmore Theatre as -Coming soon.Maybe there will show up some rest cards....
12-11-02 03:57 AM
fmk438j Well the second superdome and rod laver went on sale about 9:50, or so ticketek says. I guess third shows at both will go on sooner or later.

I went on at 9:00am and got some tickets, but didn't get exactly what I wanted (can't believe I'm still able to type that after getting enmore...). I'm going to fish around and will maybe find what I want. Just taking it easy, see what's happening.

I know a guy who didn't bother with rs.com for enmore, said he'd wait till today to try for them. Nerves and balls of steel I said, and guess what, he got them.

Feb/March will be a fun time.

Stones seats will gather no moss at $60 a head
By Bernard Zuel
December 11 2002

In the time it takes you to read this story, the first Rolling Stones
concert at the 2000-seat Enmore Theatre will have sold out at the
bargain price of $60 a ticket.

Seats for the February 18 show, the first time the Rolling Stones
have played such a small venue in Australia for nearly 40 years, go
on sale at 9am today.

Although a second show at the much bigger (15,000 to 17,000-seat)
SuperDome at Homebush Bay on February 20 will go on sale at the same
time, most attention will be on the Enmore concert.

The show's $60 price compares with the SuperDome tickets that range
from $69.95 in the nose-bleed seats to an eye-watering $349.95 for
seats close to the two linked stages.

But what chance do you have of getting a ticket when the Enmore
Theatre shows are only being sold over the phone with a limit of two
per customer and are expected to sell in minutes?

According to a spokesman for the promoter Paul Dainty, apart from an
undisclosed allocation to the Rolling Stones fan club, almost all of
the 2000 seats will be available to the public.

"There are no special deals with Ticketek and there is a very, very
small allocation for the promoter," the spokesman said.

Anticipating heavy demand, Ticketek are treating the Stones ticket
sale as a "major event" along the lines of an Australian Open with
phone staff at similar levels.

However, the spokesman said that "no staff level or system could cope
with every call" and many potential ticket buyers would find
themselves unlucky.

Those who miss out on both of the Rolling Stones shows may not have
to wait long for another chance, however.

While no one will confirm that further SuperDome shows will be
announced, the fact that there is almost a week between the Sydney,
Melbourne and Brisbane shows suggests that room has been allowed in
the schedule for more concerts.

In other concert news, the Bruce Springsteen concert on March 22 that
went on sale earlier this week has not sold out despite excited media
reports yesterday.

Ticket sales for the show at the Sydney Cricket Ground, which will
have a capacity of between 35,000 and 40,000, have been "very good"
but not close to selling out yet, according to the spokesman.

12-11-02 04:01 AM
fmk438j Stone's sell out
December 11, 2002

AUSTRALIAN fans of the Rolling Stones hit the internet and telephone hotlines en masse today to buy tickets for the legendary group's three city tour next year.

Seats sold quickly this morning to the concert at Sydney's Superdome and a smaller show at Sydney's Enmore Theatre.

Tickets also went on sale for shows in Melbourne and Brisbane next March.

One fan queuing at a Ticketek outlet in Sydney's Wynyard Arcade walked away empty-handed shortly before tickets had been on sale for only 30 minutes.

"They're all gone," he said.

"Nothing left at the Superdome at all."

The Superdome concert catered for a capacity of about 17,000 with tickets ranging from $70 to $150.

The smaller Enmore Theatre show for a capacity of 2,000 fans, was expected to have also sold out, with tickets selling for less than $70 including booking fee.

AAP
12-11-02 04:28 AM
stonedinaustralia [quote]fmk438j wrote:

I went on at 9:00am and got some tickets, but didn't get exactly what I wanted (can't believe I'm still able to type that after getting enmore...). ... Just taking it easy, see what's happening.

>you can say that again man... to be honest i don't think it would bother me if i didn't see any of the others i didn't try for anymore tickets - i've done my time on the end of these ticketek lines - if i'm meant to go i'll be there - if you know what i mean and it may happen...

I know a guy who didn't bother with rs.com for enmore, said he'd wait till today to try for them. Nerves and balls of steel I said, and guess what, he got them.

>yes, a hard man indeed that was a big call - a guy i know tried and failed - they went in minutes apparently, as you'd expect...

Feb/March will be a fun time.

> my bloody oath it will be - it will transcend fun - the thing - is once it's happened - and it hasn't happened yet -but working on the basis all goes to plan...once i've been THERE and done THAT i will have to totally re-align my whole existence to some new parameters (hey!! don't follow leaders - watch your para-meters) - i will need to find a new goal in life some new idea of a mystery as yet unrevealed (gods, i hope i can find one of those!)and i have seen them before but that wasn't the same - this is the real deal,as they say

but anyway, the great thing is, maybe dreams can come true...what do you think of that!?

but we're not there yet so as you say "Just taking it easy, see what's happening." - it feels like a priceless luxury,doesn't it??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-11-02 06:13 AM
fmk438j >once i've been THERE and done THAT i will have to totally re-align my whole existence to some new parameters (hey!! don't follow leaders - watch your para-meters) - i will need to find a new goal in life some new idea of a mystery as yet unrevealed (gods, i hope i can find one of those!)and i have seen them before but that wasn't the same - this is the real deal,as they say<

Man, I know what you're talking about.

I think it's dangerous to put so much weight on one event, but what can we do?

12-11-02 06:30 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

I think it's dangerous to put so much weight on one event, but what can we do?

take a tip from keithfucius (sorry mick if it's one of yours) and have no expectations, i guess

but i'm totally confident the joint will be rocking, going 'round and 'round

12-11-02 10:37 AM
jb No stadium shows in Australia?
12-11-02 02:24 PM
stonedinaustralia jb - i'm not really sure of the capacity of the superdome but the rod laver arena holds about 15,000 (maybe fmk can fill you in) - the sydney cricket ground is the size of a stadium but it is an open air venue

brisbane entertainment centre would be, i expect, arena size

btw, when does an "arena" become a "stadium"??

it's a pity you've got the heebie jeebies over flying - given as $ seems to be no object you could have jetted down here for a show or two... all things being equal the weather will be excellent and i'm sure you'd have a great time and, for what it's worth, melbourne (in particular) has a significant "persian" population - hell, you've possibly got relatives "down" here...

12-11-02 02:37 PM
jb Thanks.My mom went to Australia last year and 18hrs of flying is crazy!!! Apparently there were tremendous fires when she was there , which you are currently experiencing again...I think anything over 30,000 is Stadium ..arenas in the States hold b/t 15-20 thousand. By the way, I received Sydney 73 from SirStonesalot and what a great show!!! Don't get the wrong impression...I do not have money to burn..I am only 40 and cannot retire...My net wealth is a little less than 1.6 million dollars....However, I have had a great year, as a few big personal injury cases settled, and that's were the extra money for tickets comes in..Good day, Mate.
[Edited by jb]
12-11-02 02:45 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
18hrs of flying is crazy!!!

yes, i've done the trip and it's a long haul...'tho up until the other day when i scored those enmore tickets the most exciting moment of my life was touching down at JFK airport...oh yes, then there was that "magical night when i screwed 15 chicks" while "beast of burden" played on continuous rotation in the back ground (ha!! just kidding on that last one...)

shalom aleichem, mate

12-11-02 02:48 PM
jb Shalom aleichem..LMFAO!!!!