ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help with Google lyrics (nsc) Return to archive
12-10-02 03:47 PM
FotiniD Well, the love train thread gave me hopes of finding out what this song that has haunted me is I heard it on the radio two years ago and ever since there is no-one who can tell me what the name of the song is or who on earth sang it!!! Is it a ghost song or am I losing my mind - or both?

I tried searching Google as suggested for the "love train" lyrics in the corresponding thread, but no luck

So, anyone know where these lines come from? Goes something like this:

"If I only had one love, you should be the one I chose" and that's about the only lyric I can remember I remember it had kind of a Paul McCartney / Wings feel about it, but I'm really not sure. Any suggestions? Please help, I'm stuck on always thinking "gee, I wonder whose song that is" everytime someone mentions the word "lyrics"
12-10-02 09:04 PM
Highwire Rob Hi FotiniD,
I tried out the Google.com search I suggested on the other thread and I found your song:

McCartney, Paul - "Heaven On A Sunday" (Flaming Pie) 1997 ("If I only had one love you should be the one I choose")

I just changed "chose" to "choose" in your search and some of the results came up. By the way, the above info is from Rubin's Rock 'N Roll Discography Reference (listed by Google): http://www.rockmusiclist.com/rock_mcc.htm

Hope this helps! Take care.
--Rob.
12-10-02 09:24 PM
JumpinJackFlash Yeah, I need help as well, I heard this song on the radio, and it goes something like "Do Wa Diddy, Diddy dum Diddy Do" any idea. J/K
12-11-02 03:40 AM
RubyFriday Doo Wah Diddy is from Manfred Mann
12-11-02 05:41 PM
sasca Paul Jones is the singer. He was an early musical partner of Brian Jones and was performing with Brian (as Paul Pond) when Mick and Keith first saw him. Brian later considered him for the role of the Stones� vocalist, not yet being convinced by Mick�s abilities.
[Edited by sasca]
12-13-02 10:15 AM
FotiniD Wow, I just saw the replies on my post Thanks a lot Rob!

A mystery finally solved
[Edited by FotiniD]