ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman-Jones. Return to archive
12-09-02 06:15 PM
sasca I've mentioned this before in passing but since not much else is happening...: Does anyone know if there was ever any thought given to a Wyman-Jones writing team?
- Both wrote music and both were frustrated by the dominance of Jagger-Richard songs.
- During the time of the Stones' first attempts at writing, Brian and Bill were spending a lot of time together.
- Together they would have been more difficult to ignore than singly. Brian would also have found it easier to show his work to initially just one person rather than bring new songs to the whole group.
- Their personalities and positions in the band would have complemented each other's well. Bill was steady where Brian was erratic while I think that Mick and Keith found Brian harder to dismiss than they did Bill or Charlie.

12-09-02 07:00 PM
beer
quote:
sasca wrote:

- During the time of the Stones' first attempts at writing, Brian and Bill were spending a lot of time together.
-

Yeah, I've heard that in the early days on tour Bill and Brian would usually hang out together while Mick and Keith would be in their hotel room writing songs.

Bill and Brian should have spent their time trying to write songs, but I think they had other things on their minds, like banging groupies and getting fucked up, for instance.
[Edited by beer]
12-11-02 01:46 PM
sasca A shame. An Entwhistle (great name) or Harrison would have been useful.