ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: John Lennon 22 years Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-10-02 03:59 PM
Moonisup that is indeed crap

we should not let the sentiments say that the beatles are better
12-10-02 04:01 PM
jb Moon..please talk about the various shows in Holland...venue, size, etc...can we expect another club show? And yes..anyone who think the Beatle are better than the Stones, should really get the fuck of this board.
12-10-02 04:03 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
..however, to say that the Beatles are better than the Stones is just a big lie.

Well...it certainly flys against the face of common sense. I really don't know anyone in their right mind who actually believes that except maybe a few odd sentimentalists. Oh well gotta run off for a few days...bye for now...
12-10-02 04:12 PM
Moonisup 2 x kuip - Stadium
1 x ahoy - Arena
2 x Arena - Stadium
1 x Vredenburg - club

there maybe more shows added, at least I hope so

the dutch are great, such a small country, so many shows
12-10-02 04:15 PM
jb So over 200,000 will see them in Holland..truly amazing! By the way, that beatle concert at Shea Stadium sucked...very overrated and terrible live performers.
12-10-02 04:21 PM
Moonisup the stones hold the record,

above 400,000 in 1 year

u2 is second with 200,000 something
12-10-02 04:26 PM
jb I hate U2 almost as much as BeAtles...Bono and Macca both are overrated pompous asses. They both claim to be vastly superior to the Stones and put them down at any opportunity..Yet, both are loved by millions who feed into their bullshit...
12-10-02 04:27 PM
Moonisup yes there are some dumb people
12-10-02 04:30 PM
jb The only reason people love the Beatles is b/c they are loved by the press who have created this false image of how great they were...truth be told, they had 2 good albums and that's about it.
12-10-02 04:34 PM
Moonisup 2?. I can't recall 1

i just don't like them, and don't like to talk about them, it makes me say nasty things and dirty words
12-10-02 04:35 PM
jb You right..they had a couple of songs that touched a lot of gay people....otherwise, they were talentless.
12-10-02 04:43 PM
Moonisup I just don't like them, only 1 song, fool on the hill

that could be about me!!!

heeheheh I am a fool
12-10-02 06:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
...however, to say that the Beatles are better than the Stones is just a big lie.

Who the hell said THAT?
Fuck the Bealtes!
STONES!
12-10-02 11:56 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
The only reason people love the Beatles is b/c they are loved by the press who have created this false image of how great they were...truth be told, they had 2 good albums and that's about it.

True jb, very true
12-10-02 11:58 PM
JaggaRichards plus Lennon unleashed Yoko Ono on us poor unsuspecting citizens of the world.

Damn hippie.........LOL!!
12-11-02 02:46 AM
Pants Make the Man The Stones made the Beatles quit...surrender (see: Jumpin Jack Flash). That's a natural fact. Bill Wyman, whenever he was around, bullied all of them, especially George (RIP). BUT..."Dig A Pony" kicks ass. It really gets to me, for some reason, and I don't know why. Hell, John probably wrote the damn thing in fourteen minutes.
12-11-02 12:42 PM
sasca Claiming not to like the Beatles is like claiming not to like sex. You may impress the impressionable but you�re missing out on so much.
12-11-02 12:55 PM
jb Beatles were not to sexy too me....The Stones, on the other hand, practically invented the slogan "Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll."
12-11-02 01:25 PM
Joey " Beatles were not to sexy too me....The Stones, on the other hand, practically invented the slogan "Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll."

So what did THE WHO ( or The Two as I now call them ) invent ????????

Please .............I's justs gots to knows .

Blow Monkey Joe

12-11-02 01:36 PM
jb The Who were 2nd only to the Stones..Pete is truly a genuis..and you know who he looked up to?-Da Stones
12-11-02 01:57 PM
Joey " The Who were 2nd only to the Stones..Pete is truly a genuis..and you know who he looked up to?-Da Stones "

I would like to nuzzle you .
12-11-02 01:59 PM
jb There will be a lot of Nuzzling in January Joey...you think 100.00 dollars will cover the bar tab?
12-11-02 02:06 PM
jb Walters is a gay bar? Don't they sell those "Dirty Martinis" for $9.50?
12-11-02 02:10 PM
nankerphelge Went thru the classic british bands -- Beatles, Kinks, Who, Zep in and around the late 70s and early 80s. And I gave them all a fair shake -- listened to them and dug into them all good.

To me, they all had their good and bad, but none had the magic of the Stones. Somehow the Stones tapped something very primal that none of the others ever showed me consistently.

I can't wait to see another show!

12-11-02 02:27 PM
Joey " I can't wait to see another show! "

I expect to see YOU in Denver Nanky !!!!

{{{{{{{{{{JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-11-02 03:37 PM
nankerphelge Denver is on a short list of possible shows for the nank.

That's all I'm gonna say, i ain't sayin' no more..
12-11-02 03:39 PM
jb New York?
12-11-02 05:16 PM
Joey " Denver is on a short list of possible shows for the nank.

That's all I'm gonna say, i ain't sayin' no more.."

You make Joey giddy !!!!!

Maxy is going to Denver and so is Moonie .

MaxMeister is IN and 2000 Man is PROBABLE

Gypsy is RUMORED and Joey is CONFIRMED !

YES !!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{ KUNTA }}}}}}}}

12-11-02 08:58 PM
Chest Rockwell john is my favorite beatle during their early years, but later he became too bitter of a man to be liked as much as george or ringo for that matter
Page: 1 2