ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1976 Christopher Sykes
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Soul Legend Brown Has Prostate Cancer Return to archive
December 10th, 2004 11:59 AM
caro Soul Legend Brown Has Prostate Cancer

1 hour, 12 minutes ago Top Stories - AP

NEW YORK - James Brown, the "Godfather of Soul" and a legend in rap, rock and funk, has announced that he has prostate cancer.

AP Photo

In a statement released to The Associated Press on Friday morning, Brown, 71, said that he will undergo surgery for the ailment on Dec. 15.

"I have overcome a lot of things in my life. I will overcome this as well," Brown said.

Brown, best known for seminal hits like "I Feel Good," "Please, Please, Please," and "Cold Sweat," is also a diabetic. Dubbed the hardest working man in show business, he just finished a two-week Canadian tour on Thursday night. He is expected to spend three weeks recovering from the procedure.

Earlier this year, he faced other troubles when he was charged with domestic abuse after an altercation with his wife. The allegation was resolved when he failed to contest the charge.

Brown is due to release an autobiography next month. Besides promoting the project with a slew of appearances, he still plans a tour of Asia and Australia early next year.
December 10th, 2004 04:55 PM
J.J.Flash Damn..... I hope he get well soon.....
December 10th, 2004 05:41 PM
Mr. D My boy James Brown will make it, I've got the faith.
December 10th, 2004 06:37 PM
Poplar
Get up off of that thing James.
December 10th, 2004 08:36 PM
Soldatti The best for James....
December 10th, 2004 09:55 PM
kath it took zappa from us.

terry (my husband) had prostate cancer...they caught it really early and he is at 5+ years now!!!

nasty disease. hope james has a good health plan.....

December 11th, 2004 11:58 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
kath wrote:
it took zappa from us.

terry (my husband) had prostate cancer...they caught it really early and he is at 5+ years now!!!

nasty disease. hope james has a good health plan.....

Sorry for your hubby Kath
December 11th, 2004 01:46 PM
kath aw, he's fine. thankfully we found it very very early.....but thanks!!!! let's hope mr. brown has the same luck!
December 11th, 2004 01:50 PM
J.J.Flash Mr. "Sex Machine" will easily beat this fucker......
December 11th, 2004 02:16 PM
sirmoonie Sherm-dusted', packing a shotgun, the Man unloading on him at high speed across two states - let it never be said that James Brown doesn't know how to live life to the fullest. If there were more Americans willing to step up to the plate like James does, this country wouldn't be so fucked up.

Little known fact, James used to party backstage with Keith Moon whenever the Who blazed through the south. Yup.
December 11th, 2004 05:37 PM
kath keith moon and james brown. now THERE'S a pair to draw to......
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood