ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1976 Christopher Sykes
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Alfie soundtrack Return to archive
December 8th, 2004 06:28 AM
Jair Anyone knows if the Alfie soundtrack is good - seriouly, please?
Last night a local TV channel showed some footage from Mick and Dave Stewart at studio.

The disc, anyway, its not yet in local stores.

ThanX!

December 8th, 2004 08:25 AM
Gazza I liked it.

I'd have liked it even more though if they'd included the Mick/Sheryl Crow duet of "Old Habits.." on the UK version
December 8th, 2004 08:47 AM
Madafaka Same here Gazza. Argentinian edition has not this tune either.
Anyway, is a nice cd. Great OST.
December 8th, 2004 08:47 AM
Jair Thank you, Gazza.
December 8th, 2004 08:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man By all means, go out and purchase the soundtrack, but don't watch the film. Ughhh!
December 8th, 2004 09:00 AM
StonesChick I love the soundtrack. You're not missing anything not having Sheryl Crow, she ruins the song, in my opinion.
December 8th, 2004 09:19 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
I love the soundtrack. You're not missing anything not having Sheryl Crow, she ruins the song, in my opinion.

I TOTALLY AGREE-GAZZA YOU'RE REALLY NOT MISSING ANYTHING-GREAT SOUNDTRACK-BLIND LEADING THE BLIND (ACOUSTIC) IS FANTASTIC
December 8th, 2004 01:37 PM
69 Chevy One of my favorite CD purchases of the year. I was not familar with Joss Stone, who is also on the disc, but plan to pick up her CD soon. The movie didn't suck, but was nowhere near as good as the original.
December 8th, 2004 03:32 PM
Mottrush
I found it quite good. The production is excellent and Jagger's voice is in top form. A few of the melodies are a little too close to some of those on "Goddess" but I'm not complaining.

No Sheryl bonus track on Australian version either!!

Cheers,

Mottrush
December 8th, 2004 04:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE-GAZZA YOU'RE REALLY NOT MISSING ANYTHING-GREAT SOUNDTRACK-BLIND LEADING THE BLIND (ACOUSTIC) IS FANTASTIC

I've heard the Sheryl version OK, Bill! I prefer it, personally.

Just think it was an incredibly commercially dumb move by the record company to not only not issue a duet with another major artist as the CD's single, but also to leave it off the album.

December 8th, 2004 04:28 PM
glencar The only song I really like is "Old habits Die Hard." The rest is mediocre.
December 8th, 2004 06:07 PM
West 8 Great stuff Blind leading the blind the best
December 8th, 2004 08:41 PM
Soldatti Good songs but I'm bored after 2-3 spins...
December 9th, 2004 02:48 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've heard the Sheryl version OK, Bill! I prefer it, personally.

Just think it was an incredibly commercially dumb move by the record company to not only not issue a duet with another major artist as the CD's single, but also to leave it off the album.

Too true.
December 9th, 2004 02:58 AM
White House Lawn The iTunes Music store has the Jagger/Crowe version as a single download--I nabbed it for .99!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood