ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1976 Christopher Sykes
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Record Contract Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 7th, 2004 01:22 PM
Stones I remember reading in Rolling Stone magazine around the time VooDoo Lounge came out that the Stones signed on for 3 new albums with Virgin, but the last 2 in the contract have a money back guarentee. I see this as meaning if they did not or could not record a new album of material they would have to compensate Virgin and then walk away. Anyone ever hear about this being the case ?
December 7th, 2004 08:52 PM
Soldatti The new album will be the third of the deal, of course they released 5 compilations/live albums too but the contract is for STUDIO albums.
December 7th, 2004 09:42 PM
Bloozehound When does the contract run out ?
December 7th, 2004 09:55 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
When does the contract run out ?

With the third studio album I guess...
December 7th, 2004 10:30 PM
Steel Wheels The contract was up right around B2B. They do not have a contract.
December 9th, 2004 11:22 AM
jb Nor should they...33k copies is a monumental humiliation and shall forever tarnish the legacy, or whats left of it, of this once great band.....meine liebe abs shae monkey!!!
December 9th, 2004 11:28 AM
Nellcote JB, I'm noticing a trend.
Although you profess to be the best fan, you
seem to be at conflict with the present day
version of the Stones.
IMHO this is unhealthy for your mental state.
You need to get out and enjoy the Stones.
At least they are still with us.
Change is inevitable, come to grips with it.
Are you with us or against us, to quote W?
December 9th, 2004 11:30 AM
jb i AM DRINKING AGAIN!
December 9th, 2004 11:33 AM
Nellcote Too bad you are not nearby, I win the raffle at Rotary most weeks, I have a cellar full of Jack, Comfort, Segrams, Limoncello, Dalhousie. We could put on Handsome Girls & tear it up! Do you drink with Monster? Tell me he's recovered enough to do shots. I was on Imus this am, tried to put in a word about Keith, however, there was not enough time. I won a mini Ipod guessing BB King's Back Door Santa..
December 9th, 2004 11:40 AM
jb lol..I have been on a Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, and Johnnie Walker Blue label binge as of late. Monster has been binging on Beacon treats by Ralston Purina..
December 9th, 2004 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
i AM DRINKING AGAIN!

" Jaggerbombs " ?!?!?!

W - W- W- W- What ?!?! ..............Oh , sure ! :

Jaggerbomb :

1 shot of JagerMeister

1/2 Full Pint sized glass of Red Bull

Gently ' slip ' the shot of Jager into the glass of Red Bull and Guzzle .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !

Come ...........JB ..................and Drink with the Joey this ....................wait !!! .............No , NEXT Friday Evening

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass , YOU PUNK ASS , Bastards ! "

Skittles Joe ! ™
December 9th, 2004 11:47 AM
jb Wasn't Jaggermeister originally used for medicinal purposes?
December 9th, 2004 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Wasn't Jaggermeister originally used for medicinal purposes?

You make Joey say , .......Huh ?!?!

http://www.jager.com/
December 9th, 2004 12:22 PM
gypsy I shall pray for you, josh. Please don't drink--it will destroy your looks.
December 9th, 2004 12:23 PM
glencar If Joshy's drinking agin' LOOK OUT!
December 9th, 2004 12:47 PM
kath since i never know when to believe josh, i'm never sure how to react to his posts. if indeed you are "drinking again" (this brought on because of your dog's anal glands???) then obviously you need to stop. do AA, do something, but stop.

if however, this is another attention grabbing device so we all say "awwww...poor josh...well, those anal glads WERE a mess...it's no WONDER he started drinking again"...

then i would say ...STOP THAT TOO!!!

and yeah, all josh does is bash the band..he's bashing the new album and it's not even finished yet. he loves attention, negative or whatever, as long as he gets attention.
December 9th, 2004 12:51 PM
glencar kath51, see "attention-grabbing device" and run with it!
December 9th, 2004 12:57 PM
kath yeah, i think so......
December 9th, 2004 01:07 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
yeah, i think so......

I always post the truth...Gypsy saved Monster weeks of pain by directing me to the vet to have his anal glands cleansed...Yes, I did start drinking again..it's been 15 long years since I stopped doing drugs and drinks...I think as I approach 50,have achieved a little financial success, and have had some tough personal issues i overcame, I am entitled to ejoy life a little....I am not talking about becomming addicted, rahter, simply drinkinf a flask or 2 of whiskey at work and downing some Wild Turkey with either Clonopin or Ambien at night to help me relax....for Christ's sake, I still think at times I have ALS!!!
December 9th, 2004 01:18 PM
glencar You're such a dick sometimes.
December 9th, 2004 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're such a dick sometimes.

I thought we had become closer, yet, you seem to have falllen into the Bill Perks camp as of late?
December 9th, 2004 01:31 PM
glencar Just don't pretend you ahve life-altering diseases & I won't channel that BILL PERKS asshole-ness. Deal?
December 9th, 2004 01:31 PM
glencar Happy Chanukah, BTW!
December 9th, 2004 01:43 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I still think at times I have ALS!!!

I currently have a piercing pain in the small of my back , been coughing up blood all morning , literally shooting blood out of me stool and urine , a shy bladder , I.B.S. , Bell's Palsey , a scorching rash on my groin , unstoppable diarhea , undescended testes , and a mass in the pit of my stomach .

Yet , and I am being very serious here , I do indeed feel quite " frisky " today and could even " Dance like a Clown " if ' challenged ' .

Developing .......................................

Little Frisky ! ™

December 9th, 2004 01:44 PM
jb Kath 51, Kath 51, Oregonian Queen and Charlie's #1!!!!
December 9th, 2004 01:52 PM
Joey

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/episodeguide/season1.htm
December 9th, 2004 01:54 PM
glencar I once found an ultimate Hawaii Five-O site. The guy was always going on about the different phone numbers & addresses used on the show. Very strange.
December 9th, 2004 03:53 PM
kath catchy little rhyme there, josho.

anybody who has a dog (especially a MALE dog) should know about anal glands and how the sacs fill up. it's dog care 101. ridiculous for somebody SOOO successful to not know something that basic.

you don't know if you have ALS or CRS or anything, because you don't have the chutzpah to go find out.

December 9th, 2004 03:54 PM
glencar No chutzpah during Chanukah? What's this Jewish world coming to? Goy-ski!
December 9th, 2004 06:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I always post the truth...Gypsy saved Monster weeks of pain by directing me to the vet to have his anal glands cleansed...

Why did you name your dog after an REM album?
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood