ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1976 Christopher Sykes
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The best albums I bought this year Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 5th, 2004 12:31 PM
mac_daddy my favorite period, too...

you guys should seek out the "archive pathfinder" boot - it is four discs of ocean outtakes - excellent...

love that early '70s swing groove clapton had going then...
December 5th, 2004 02:48 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
F505 wrote:
.....If you don't find it in the stores just surf to amazon.com....

Hi F505

already done. Thank you. Did you saw EC in the seventies live? this time he had the blues! Just One Night is one of my favorite Live albums anyway.

thanks again
December 5th, 2004 04:08 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
you guys should seek out the "archive pathfinder" boot - it is four discs of ocean outtakes - excellent...

Permavine...?
December 5th, 2004 06:02 PM
Bloozehound Dwight Yoakum ~ Population Me

Dale Watson ~ Dreamland

J.J. Cale ~ To Tulsa and Back

Merle Haggard ~ Ol' Country Singer: Live at Billy Bobs # 2

Tito Puente ~ King of Kings: the very best of

B.B. King ~ Live at the Regal (finally picked this up one, it's the bomb)

Jimmie Vaughan ~ Do You Get the Blues (finally picked this up too)

Toots and the Maytals ~ True Love (alot of peeps thought this sucked, but I enjoyed it)

***forgot about that EC: 461 Ocean Blvd deluxe edition, gonna keep an eye out for it
December 5th, 2004 08:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Toots and the Maytals ~ True Love

I forgot about this, I really like too.
December 5th, 2004 08:57 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:

Hi F505

already done. Thank you. Did you saw EC in the seventies live? this time he had the blues! Just One Night is one of my favorite Live albums anyway.

thanks again

just one night was from the 1983 tour - the one with albert lee. and it rocks...

just like my interest wanes with the stones boots post 1981, i only collect clapton stuff up to this period (actally i stop at 1985)...

but the 83 tour is the shit! but as far as albums go - those ones he did in fla after the dominoes with tom dowd at the helm, are my faves to listen to. and there is alot of session stuff from that period circulating - that is what you should be looking for...

lb - sure - i'll send that off to ya. you have a sarstock 2dvd set comin' your way, too (if i remember correctly :P )
December 5th, 2004 09:13 PM
Lazy Bones md - you got mail...
December 5th, 2004 10:01 PM
69 Chevy U2-Bomb
Green Day-American Idiot
Wilco-A Ghost Is Born
Live Licks and Alfie(I am a die hard Stones fan damn it!)
Garden State-soundtrack
REM-Around The Sun
The Libertines
Essential Clash(has been in the car since I bought it)
December 6th, 2004 12:03 AM
Booty the best from '04?
Paul Westerberg- 'Folker'
Neil Young- 'Greendale'
The Clash- 'Vanilla Tapes'(from 25th Anniv.'London Calling'set)
(haven't got 'Live Licks' yet- only intrested in disc 2)
December 6th, 2004 01:15 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

just one night was from the 1983 tour - the one with albert lee. and it rocks...

just like my interest wanes with the stones boots post 1981, i only collect clapton stuff up to this period (actally i stop at 1985)...

but the 83 tour is the shit! but as far as albums go - those ones he did in fla after the dominoes with tom dowd at the helm, are my faves to listen to. and there is alot of session stuff from that period circulating - that is what you should be looking for...

lb - sure - i'll send that off to ya. you have a sarstock 2dvd set comin' your way, too (if i remember correctly :P )

sorry, Just One Night was recorded 1979 at Budokan, Albert Lee played both tours. but I agree, the 1983 tour (Money and Cigarettes) wasn`t the hit. it would be nice if you will send me the dominoes stuff - I will send it to F505. PM for details.
December 6th, 2004 05:03 AM
F505
quote:

Hi F505

thanks again

unfortunately not Shaked, I first saw Clapton in the eigthies live. But my favorite Clapton era is the seventies. I love Just One Night (Double Trouble!) and EC Was Here. But just like Mac_Daddy I lost my interest in Clapton after 1980. Nowadays he is just a mere shadow of his former self.
December 6th, 2004 05:37 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
F505 wrote:

.... Nowadays he is just a mere shadow of his former self...

that`s very true. I saw him in the end of the 80s again in roskilde/denmark together with Phil Collins and then I knew the end is near. later I saw him in Hamburg and Dortmund (here with Chuck L.), but he never reached the high level like in the 70´s and early 80`s - but he looked so "good" in his desinger suit.........

if Mac_Daddy send me some stuff from the derek and the dominoes time I will send you a copy.

December 6th, 2004 06:17 AM
F505
quote:

that`s very true. I saw him in the end of the 80s again in roskilde/denmark together with Phil Collins and then I knew the end is near. later I saw him in Hamburg and Dortmund (here with Chuck L.), but he never reached the high level like in the 70´s and early 80`s - but he looked so "good" in his desinger suit.........

if Mac_Daddy send me some stuff from the derek and the dominoes time I will send you a copy.

That'll be great! Thanks both of you.
December 6th, 2004 07:52 AM
Jair I'll also include Prince's Musicology,

N.E.R.D's Fly or Die

Strokes's Room On Fire (I bought it this year)

Massive Attack's Danny The Dog.

Macy's Gray - The Very Best of.

[Edited by Jair]
December 11th, 2004 02:42 PM
mac_daddy ^
December 11th, 2004 03:01 PM
Soldatti
quote:
69 Chevy wrote:
REM-Around The Sun

This album is great too.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood