ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1976 Christopher Sykes
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I used to think the 81 tour was tame until.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 7th, 2004 04:36 PM
JumpingKentFlash The '81/'82 tour is nowhere near their best tour as far as I'm concerned. One of their worst really (Still awesome by any standard). I think that the '81/'82 tour ranks alongside the '89/'90 tour (NOT soundwise). In my opinion both VL, B2B and Licks tours are better.

The Stones are great when they play sloppy, but this is TOO sloppy. Many songs lose the cool feel because they're way too sloppy and played at an insane tempo. There was more rock 'n roll in the VL tour IMO. Way better.
December 7th, 2004 04:40 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Rocker. '81 Tour was the last, as joey and I call it,
"shot and a beer tour." The last great rock n roll tour

There is some great music there

Guitars loud, bourbon flowing like a river, Keith singing backups, drunk fans, not the yuppie fans of today, oh my..

I absolutely LOVE the '81 Tour .

Whenever I hear boots from that year I get " The Party Has Just Started " feeling ......Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me ....and you ?!?!

Hug Me .

" Stones Rule You PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

Frisky ! ™
December 7th, 2004 09:12 PM
Soldatti Speaking of the '81 tour, see the Ulf list this week:
http://www.bahnhof.se/~hasu/Ulflist

Jagger at the end of Going To A Go-Go: "...our special guest M.T."
December 8th, 2004 06:52 PM
corgi37 I now know why the 81 tour rocked.

Stu was there to make sure they didnt sound lame.
December 8th, 2004 07:43 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I now know why the 81 tour rocked.

stu and wyman are easily the most overlooked aspects of the band this tour. and they both sound spectacular!
December 8th, 2004 08:44 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I now know why the 81 tour rocked.

They were VERY VERY important on stage, I miss both on this tours.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood