ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't stop the bus! Return to archive
12-09-03 07:40 AM
Monkey Woman The Four Flicks bus in Japan and an impressive "ambassador" for the Stones!

Former Japanese sumo wrestler Akinoshima gets out of a Rolling Stones bus, as the 'official Stones Ambassador' presenting the vehicle, in Tokyo, December 8, 2003. The bus will tour around Tokyo, marking the sales launch in Japan on December 10 of a live DVD set of the Stones' 2002-2003 world tour. REUTERS/Eriko Sugita

12-09-03 07:47 AM
Jumacfly hey!!! Bobby keys !! we recognize you man!!! leave this fuckin kimono and play your saxophone !!

cheer$

julian el tonto....
12-09-03 08:09 AM
UGot2Rollme LOL...but, are you sure it's not Daryyl Jones with heavy make-up?
Samurai Stones!!
12-09-03 10:47 AM
glencar What an interesting marketing idea! It's got to beat burying it at Best Buy!
12-09-03 10:53 AM
jb Sales have been very average in the States...not even 100k units sold...
12-09-03 10:57 AM
glencar What's your source, Joshy? I think it's got to have done better than that.
12-09-03 11:02 AM
telecaster
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
hey!!! Bobby keys !! we recognize you man!!! leave this fuckin kimono and play your saxophone !!

cheer$

julian el tonto....

I thought it looked more like Mick Taylor
12-09-03 11:07 AM
jb Soldatti posted 2 weeks ago 53,000 units....
12-09-03 11:13 AM
glencar 53,000 is quite disappointing especially at such a great price.
12-09-03 11:17 AM
Riffhard Four Flicks is doing remarkably well considering that it's exclusively sold at a store that is not readily available to everyone. The Stones and TGA Productions knew that they may take a little beating salewise because of the exclusivity deal with Best Buy. They got big bucks from Best Buy for the deal so I guess that made up for the lower sales. That said,Four Flicks will not always be available only at Best Buy. I don't know when the deal expires but when it does that will spike the sales a little.

That is if the other retailers decide to stock it. The Best Buy exclusive pissed alot of retailers off. Some threatened to pull the entire Stones catalouge from their shelves. Which is ofcourse stupid beyond measure considering the Stones library sells better than any other band save the Beatles. Retailers who take "revenge" against The Stones only end up cutting their own throats.

Riffhard
12-09-03 12:13 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Soldatti posted 2 weeks ago 53,000 units....

It was 53,000 in the first week alone. And they were n�1 of music DVD sales that week!
12-09-03 12:18 PM
glencar I'm going to stop trusting Joshy's posts.