ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Now is Charlie Return to archive
12-08-03 02:38 PM
CS WATTS BACKS RICHARDS' DISGUST AT JAGGER KNIGHTHOOD

ROLLING STONES drummer CHARLIE WATTS has added his voice of disapproval to singer SIR MICK JAGGER's acceptance of a knighthood - just days after guitarist KEITH RICHARDS labelled the honour "ludicrous".

Although Richards has condemned Jagger's royal status in public, Watts has expressed his fury to close friends of the group - saying it contradicts the band's anti-establishment roots.

An insider tells Britain's THE SUN tabloid, "Charlie thinks it's ridiculous that Mick has accepted the honour. He knows Mick is a social climber and the knighthood is what he has always wanted but he reckons it makes the band look establishment-friendly.

"Charlie's views are known within the inner circle for the moment, at least. Mick knows how he feels."
08/12/2003 02:30
12-08-03 02:40 PM
glencar Kewl for Charlie!
12-08-03 02:42 PM
jb I get the impression that this will break-up the group.
12-08-03 02:43 PM
glencar If DW didn't break 'em up, this won't either.
12-08-03 02:44 PM
nankerphelge I seriously doubt that Charlie would ever make his feelings public on this matter. Too much class for that.
12-08-03 02:46 PM
jb dw?
12-08-03 02:46 PM
glencar Dirty Work!
12-08-03 02:51 PM
jb Oh...don't tell Maxlugar(RIP) that...
12-08-03 02:51 PM
glencar Maxy died? Died?
12-08-03 02:53 PM
jb As far as posting here, he is deceased...but I am sure you can find him trolling on some "World Politics Message Board".
12-08-03 02:56 PM
glencar Gotta link?
12-08-03 02:56 PM
glencar And why "trolling"? Do you dislike him?
12-08-03 02:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Is this true? If the Stones were THAT anti-establishment they'd've become priests of some new religion. Didn't anyone ever tell you that you can't have it BOTH ways? Rock n Roll was always the "establishments" way of keeping the kids from looking beyond the next day. It backfired.
12-08-03 03:01 PM
glencar Rock & roll threatened them back in the late 60s but it's been a pussycat the past few decades.
12-08-03 03:02 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
atts has expressed his fury to close friends of the group

Friends? The kind of friends who run to tell the story to the Sun? Yeah, right. I don't know if they'll stay friends very long!
12-08-03 03:04 PM
glencar Good point, MW! Why can't these so-called friends keep their traps shut? Or is it a ploy by M. Watts to get the message out? Hmm...
12-08-03 03:05 PM
moy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I seriously doubt that Charlie would ever make his feelings public on this matter. Too much class for that.

this is from the sun so probably neither charlie or "his friends" said that
12-08-03 03:06 PM
glencar Is the Sun that leftish tabloid?
12-08-03 03:07 PM
Monkey Woman Leftist? LOL!
12-08-03 03:07 PM
glencar Must be thinking of the Mirror.
12-08-03 03:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Friends? The kind of friends who run to tell the story to the Sun? Yeah, right. I don't know if they'll stay friends very long!

Yeah. I think Charlie wouldn't take sides publically in any newspaper. Who really cares anyway? Let Mick have it. The last I checked we've got bigger fish to fry.
12-08-03 03:13 PM
Monkey Woman Yeah, like for instance a new album. Please concentrate on that one, boys!
12-08-03 06:30 PM
SHINE A LIGHT something just doesn't "feel" right about all this stuff. mr. charlie watts is one true gentleman.....are these so-called articles trying to stir the pot because they've nothing else to write about the stones??
isn't the tour over??? so, let's get "creative".
12-08-03 08:17 PM
Angiegirl Mick must do what he likes, so do the others. So does the Queen apparently as she'll not be hitting our dear Mick this Friday I heard, so Charles may do it. Queen got fed up with Mick's ego it seems .

BTW: DW is a very good album Josh, you're just hoping to get Maxy back talking that way!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
12-08-03 08:54 PM
soraya funny because i read the sun every day and i didn't see this article.i remenber charlie saying that mick deserved the knigthood and that keith should have one too.
12-09-03 03:49 AM
glencar I think Gazza should get one. But not Keith.