ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for Zeeta Return to archive
12-05-03 12:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Where and when was that Hendrix venue that you're Dad helped out in the riot. I was taliking to an English friend of mine who used to follow Hendrix around but he wasn't there. I couldn't remember. Funniest post I ever read though.
12-05-03 12:23 PM
Zeeta YEAH!!!

According to my Father;

Well it was the Trout Beck Hotel, Ilkley, W Yorkshire, UK!

1966 I believe, Played about 2 numbers Hey Joe and Purple Haze. The police came 'cos it was too loud! So mid - Purple Haze the pigs [police] come in and say "OK everybody out!". Hendrix gets pissed off and encourages a riot! So the people in the crowded venue [which by the way is a old people's nursing home now! LOL] start to really kick off and a full riot started. Chairs and tables were thrown and generally there was a carry on. Alas Jimi did not come back on stage!
This is best as I can remeber - it's funny told in a thick Yorkshire accent like my dad has also!
12-05-03 12:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Thanks. You should record your Dad telling the story for posterity. That's Golden.
12-05-03 12:54 PM
Factory Girl Z, get your dad to post here!
12-05-03 06:46 PM
Zeeta My dad is fucked!

He drinks 4 pints of Tetley before 12 then whayever you're having then a bottle of Red. He is an alchoholic.

Check this:

He has had:

A stroke at 45 yo:

bad vision

Cancer of the tounge;

huge scar but no quitting of anything!

Broken leg;

developed pnomonia (sp obvously!)

he is "le man"

Respect to MY FATHER!

+ he has had more women than we can dream of........... no shit!
12-05-03 07:07 PM
Gazza he sounds like a combination of Keith AND Mick (especially Mick, with the last bit...)

Does that mean he's arguing with himself over the knighthood?
12-05-03 07:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I agree Zeeta! Your dad rocks!
12-05-03 07:12 PM
Zeeta LOL!!!

Yo mate hope u are well?

Ha! he is a fuckhead! A legend, seriously.

BUT he would LOVE a "SIR" like no other! And so would MICK! lets face it guys of that generation in England will NOT shun it, they will relish it. And why not eh?

I'm pissed gazza buit I'll speakm to y'all soomn!

M
12-06-03 07:26 AM
Zeeta Shit I was pissed last night!

And I don't mean pissed off!

Fucking hell!

My girlfriend says I still stink of booze even though its 1pm the next day!
12-06-03 09:41 AM
Factory Girl Z, you make me so proud
LOL
12-06-03 08:01 PM
Zeeta Yo!#

Nothin' could make that fatty worthy of a fuck!!!!!!!!!

I'm pissed again!

Great stuff Old Speckeld Hen! Lush mate!

I love u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-06-03 08:03 PM
glencar Have a good one, mate!