ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Love is Strong first bar Return to archive
12-05-03 08:08 AM
Zeeta Charlie's intro;

Keith's thundering first chord then fragmented chords to set it up for the machine gun esque riff that leads into the second bar;

Ronnie's lick;

Made my morning!!!

12-05-03 10:12 AM
Zeeta Sorry, but I was excited at the time and wanted to share it with you all!

Hope you know what I meant in the first post and this one!

I am getting HAMMERED TONITE!

GREAT
12-05-03 11:16 AM
telecaster It was even better live in Chicago in '94

12-05-03 11:25 AM
nankerphelge Did someone say "bar"??
12-06-03 05:59 AM
corgi37 The moment i heard that song i knew they still had magic left in them. I love the way that song smoulders. Live, it was a revelation. Seeing as how VL was mainly to flog the VL cd, why was that song cut from the video? It went down a treat at the Melbourne 95 shows.
12-06-03 07:28 AM
Zeeta Yeah, LIS was like a staement of intent - we can STILL whoop anyone else's asses, even in the 90s!
The song opens Voodoo Lounge and propels The Stones into the 90s!

Get me I sound like a fuckin music critic!
12-06-03 11:12 AM
Steel Wheels Love is Strong is perhaps the greatest rock and roll song of the 1990's, made by the greatest rock and roll band of the 1990's.
12-06-03 11:14 AM
LadyJane Steel Wheels....You are becoming one of my favorite posters!!

Love your positive attitude!!

Stones can still kick ass, can't they???

LJ.
12-06-03 01:23 PM
glencar I liked the single & had high hopes for VL but alas, those hopes were dashed...
12-06-03 10:20 PM
Steel Wheels Lady Jane, thank you!

In honour of this post I listened to all of Voodoo Lounge and had a great time. I played my guitar, danced around, and looked a fool. Voodoo is filled with nice little riffs, hooks, lyrics, and the mixing and production sounds great. My stereo was warmed up with a little 4 Flicks session.

I live in extreme anticipation for new music.