ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: From IORR: ABKCO remastered box set due out in UK Return to archive
12-04-03 06:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check this great space by IORR about the new release of the ABKCO remastered box set here http://www.iorr.org/abkco/index.htm
12-06-03 12:04 PM
egon it still doesn't include the 1st 'european) album
12-06-03 01:26 PM
glencar I'll ahve to check if it's available at amazon.co.uk.
12-06-03 05:32 PM
Monkey Woman Trust Abkco to tantalize the fans but stop short of giving them satisfaction! And to rake in big bucks of course.
12-07-03 07:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man I have said it before and i will say it again. The biggest travesty about the Stones Abcko Remaster Sereis is that Rolling Stones No 2 is not available. It is the only original Stones album never to have a cd release. The original debut album was available on cd in 1984 and aparerently the UK versions of Big Hits and TTP Darkley were on cd at one time.

Alex
12-07-03 09:59 AM
glencar I'd have to check but TTP Darkly & Big Jits were both released in SACD form last year. Not sure about #2.
12-07-03 10:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man Both were released in SACD last year. It is just a shame they didn't also release the UK versions. Since they released the UK Out Of Our Heads, Aftermath and Between The Buttons, why not all of them?

Alex
12-07-03 10:31 AM
Hannalee Speaking of the re-masters, can anyone suggest a reason why I can play them on my computer at work, but not this pc at home? The only explanation I can think of is that I have to use the DVD drive here, but everything else works ok.

It's a real pain, and has dissuaded me from buying any more of them.
12-07-03 03:12 PM
Jen D Your DVD player is trying to read the SACD layer
12-07-03 08:16 PM
Jason P. Why not just play the Abkco SACDs on your CD player?
They play fine with either a SACD or a CD player.

12-07-03 09:06 PM
Hannalee CD drive's bust. I was wondering if there was some magic way of making the other one recognise the remastered discs like it does the old ones.
12-07-03 09:09 PM
glencar I was unable to play one of the SACDs on my car's CD player. All else worked fine.