ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: " Old Gods Almost Dead " Return to archive
12-03-01 08:48 PM
Joey My Dearest Stonesian Brothers and Sisters.....

I was just wondering how many individuals who post at this fantastic board have read the new Rolling Stones book out called , " Old Gods Almost Dead ? " It is located at Borders and Barnes and Noble for certain in their " New Bestsellers " section .

Anyone ?????? Anyone ????? Bueller ??????

" Lose a shoe up my ass Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-03-01 09:03 PM
Maxlugar I think it was written by the same guy who wrote Hammer of the Gods.

Maxy will buy it.

"Hit me so hard I look and play like Mick Taylor and you get fired, Ronnie"

Mick Taylors Fingers, a Poem by Maxlugar:
They make me so happy, they're slippy and slappy. I thank your Pappy for changing your Nappies. You never play crappy, around Ronnie you run lappies. And most of all: please start doing the tap, tap, tappy.

Thanks.
12-03-01 09:59 PM
Miss U. I've bought the book; haven't had time to start it yet. Heard it's really good. Nice photos too.

"Taylor won't be back; take a nap, nap, nappy."
12-04-01 09:13 AM
Joey 'They make me so happy, they're slippy and slappy. I thank your Pappy for changing your Nappies. You never play crappy, around Ronnie you run lappies. And most of all: please start doing the tap, tap, tappy. '

Pure genius !!!!!!!

You make Joey giddy .
12-04-01 11:40 AM
sandrew You could write a review of the book on the sloppy factual errors alone! Some are inevitable, but the number in this book is unforgivable. One example: Referring to the song "Shake Your Hips," Davis writes that Slim Harpo so influenced the groove that his name got into it. Um, Slip Harpo wrote the friggin' song in the first place. There are lots of others I won't bother cataloguing here.

It's still worth reading, though. Davis does a good job of conveying how culturally radical the Stones were in the sixties, their connection to the Swinging London scene, the London/Paris/New York fashion and art world. As a narrative device, comparing them to gods - because of their "planetary mobility," the love triangles and all that - works pretty well, too.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.