ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: George Harrison and the Rolling Stones Return to archive
11-30-01 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 1963: The Beatles and the stones share the same stage

1966: Brian Jones play and record �Yellow Submarine� with the Beatles.

1967: Mick Jagger records with the Beatles Baby You're A Rich Man. Mick jagger and Keith Richards record backing vocals for All You Need Is Love. There are unconfirmed rumours about Brian Jones playing sax and Baby You're A Rich Man.

1969-1970: George Harrison records with Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman for the first album by Leon Russell released in 1970.

1973: Ronnie Wood records with George at his home studio. Ronnie Wood and George jam and later record with Alvin Lee and Mylon Lefevre.

George Harrison and Mick Taylor record the track "Speed On" together for Nicky Hopkins� second album �The Tin Man was a Dreamer�. Additionally, George records "Waiting for the Band", "Edward", and "Banana Anna"; George is credited in the album as �George O�Hara� due to contractual shit. George Harrison was recording his album "Living in the Material World" in the same studio, The Apple Studios in London; during weekdays the George Harrison album, and on weekends the Nicky Hopkins album.

1974: George Harrison records with Ronnie Wood the song Far East Man composed by them and released in Ronnie�s first album� I�ve Got My Own Album To Do�; I�m uploading the track and will be posted next to this message. Later this year, Ronnie recorded �Ding Dong, Ding Dong� with George for a single with the same name and for the album �Dark Horse�

1976: Ronnie and Ringo appear on a film by George Harrison as fighting grannies.

1979: Mick Jagger attends George and Olivia wedding and jams with George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Eric Clapton between others.

1988: Mick Jagger inducts the Beatles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,

Lynn Goldsmith

Then Mick and George jam with an all star band including Bruce Springsteen, Ringo Starr, Julian Lennon, Little Richard and Elton John.

Lynn Goldsmith

1992: Ron Wood and George Harrison jam and record live �Knocking on Heaven�s Door� at the MSG in NYC for the film and album� Bob Dylan The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration� released in 1993

Jeff Christensen (Reuters)

2001: George Harrison records slide guitar for the track �Love Letters� for Bill Wyman�s album �Double Bill�

This on-line research was done today in some minutes using the SEARCH BOX of only two sites:

ROCKS OFF http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/
THE ROLLING STONES DATABASE http://www.nzentgraf.de

Please add any other link like the travels to India, or the Timothy Leary, William Burroughs meetings, and so on as I'm not informed.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
12-01-01 12:59 AM
VOODOO Good work, thanks for the effort.
12-01-01 01:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks, not a big deal, the only thing you need to do to is to use the search tools at Rocks Off and Nico's site.

In this particluar case the entry was "George Harrison" and I got ALL the information to write the above message.

You can use these tools to answer any particluar question you may have, for example the source for each track of any live album, the dates the stones have played in your country, or in any venue, setlists, guest appearances of stones members, etc

You can use Ian's site "Time is on our side" ( http://www.mlink.net/~ian/stones.html ) and Bjornulf's site IORR ( http://www.iorr.org ) for a great source of information, I don't see the search box there but you can go for it using the index.

These four sites have a load of information, a good combination for the on-line Rolling Stones Data Base
12-01-01 01:22 PM
Jacques Hi Voodoochile
I know it's not the subject, but I found a forum about Rolling Stones vs Beatles, did you know it ?

http://orpheus.la.utk.edu/music/resources/rock/discuss/beatstone/index.html
12-01-01 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is from a local newspaper today. I couldn't find the name of the artist but I scanned his/her signature:

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.