ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Friday Night......... Return to archive
11-30-01 05:34 PM
Maxlugar ...And my basement shakes with Stonesilicious sounds.

I�m six foot one.

And weight a hundred a thirty pounds.

But not for long

Soon I�ll get my workout CD

Then I�ll be 17 again.

And able to face the Queen Bee.

Thanks.

Oh good Lord my pals de la Stonesia! I am very excited. I have that extra giddy-up tonight. It is Friday Night. The only day of the week that I�m truly happy. Even on Saturday Night the weekend seems to be slipping away. Friday Night is the longest possible time that you have before work again. Hug me.

The music wafting up from my basement makes my neighborhood a better place. It�s loud enough to make the old lady across the street put her Christmas lights up in time to the beat of Star Fucker. You sexy little tease!

Soon I shall put on Welcome to New York. The exquisite lead fills performed by the incomparable Mick Taylor during You Can�t Always Get What You Want will make me bow my head slightly and weep. Those fingers tweek the pleasure spots in my brain. I wish there was a way I could honor those fingers. But how?

Oh my God! Poem! Go!

Mick Taylor�s fingers:
They make me quiver when they deliver, I cry a river with my gin soaked liver, whilst the notes they slink and slither.
-Maxlugar 11/30/01

Fucking yeah.

Dear Stonesically inclined reader, I want you all to know I can�t wait for the next summit. We should have it in Central Park. I�m going there for lunch Monday and dig a fire circle. For, you see, you can not bond properly without gathering wood and eating raw steaks in the dark whilst listening to Handsome Girls. Trust me.

Some thoughts on the passing scene:

- I will always side with Mick in the Keith vs Mick wars. Mick is what set the Stones apart from all other groups. He is also reposnsible for pulling them though the 70�s while Keith decided that being half conscious was more important than the music.
- Goddess is a decent album. Not good or great. Not as bad as people make it out to be though. It is plain to me that Mick made this album for his family or at least with his family in the forefront of his mind during the whole thing. Couple that with the Being Mick show and it is very evident this was a family project. So I can deal with it because of this. Don�t get too uptight about this album.
- I really want a new album before they tour. This is the sort of thing that has separated them from the Beach Boys when they tour.
- When Steelie Drivey Hammey has a melt down, like at that other board a few weeks ago, it�s pure genius.
- Welcome to Phoenix should be buried in a government time capsule for future generations.
- The Double Door video proves this band needs to play small places. Even Ronnie shines on this one.
- I lost my copy of Exile only to find it in a roll of fat on my side.

Oh sweet friggin� fuck! It�s time!

Time to go Sit, Sip and Salivate.

Time to go grin like a mental patient.

Time to lower the petals of my Lotus Couch.

Time to sit my Life Sized Billy Preston Action Figure next to me on the Lotus Couch.

Time to make a nice cold Vodka and Snapple.

Time to get eardrum erections.

Oh and, friends�..

IT�S TIME TO ROCK!!!!!!!

PLAY �EM LOUD AND PROUD AN� GET OFFA MY CLOUD!!!!

�Steal my material Ronnie!�

Your pal,

Maxlugar
11-30-01 05:54 PM
Joey 'Mick Taylor�s fingers:
They make me quiver when they deliver, I cry a river with my gin soaked liver, whilst the notes they slink and slither. '
-Maxlugar 11/30/01

That was so beautiful that my keyboard is now slathered in tears .

Joey von Taylorily kinkily Slip
11-30-01 09:50 PM
steel driving hammer Fuck James Dean, Fuck Elvis and Fuck The Bealtes.

Hail, John Lee Hooker, Dylan and The Stones and the same.

Most important....The Stones.

Can't put this next sentance more Kindergarten like.......
If you don't have Dylan's "Love and Theft"....get it.

On behalf of Gazza...."Country Mile" my brother. Such a High Five!

Hope Mick and Keith listend to this album cause it's right up there w/ Bridges and Voodoo.
"The Worst" has some competition.
Ronnies pedal steel on that inhibits the over flow of Dylan...

Heads up Stones, Dylan is "Cut Across Shorty" and just one step behind.

Jesus on the Mainline....
11-30-01 10:04 PM
~AzQb

Oh dear MisterMaxLugar!!!

I cannot wait to finally meet yer gorgeous arse ; )

Oh, we'll have some fun, now won't we...?

NYC here we come. LookOut ; )
12-01-01 10:44 AM
Cardinal Ximinez My Friday night consisted of getting drunk at a cop party. Yeah, cops all over the place. Those guys are pretty straight laced, but when they decide to cut loose.....YOWSA! So I'm perched right beside the keg of Yuengling Lager, and I decide the time is right to turn the wick up a notch. You see, I had made a special CD for the host of this lil' shindig. All Stones, all live. So I walked up to him and I say "Hey, I made this CD for you, put it in and turn your stereo up really loud." He was just drunk enough to do it! A few seconds later a screaming crowd blasts out of the speakers, then Brown Sugar from Brussels rips through the house like a friggin' train wreck. Everyone just stopped what they were doing. Smiles played across faces, heads started bobbing, toes started tapping. By the time the cocaine fueled "She's So Cold" from Handsome Girls was done, people were starting to get into a frenzy! At one point the Chief of Police and his woman were gyrating on top of the dining room table!

The party was a smash! The cop that was throwing it gave me a "get out of jail free" card. You can never have enough of those!
12-01-01 11:00 PM
Maxlugar I'd swear I started to get a hard on reading your post, Ximey!

I don't know if you remember my McCann's bar post a few years ago (I'm sure Joey still has it posted above his bed)but I had a very similar experience that night. I went itto this bar in Queens near my old apartment after a late night of work on a Friday Night. I put the entire Exile album on and shit if the whole bat didn't get in to it.

One of the waitresses exclaimed "Yes!" when sweat Black Angle came on. Or was it Torn and Frayed? Joey, which one was it?

Anyway, the moral of the story is to play Stones amoung the dirty unwashed masses as much as possible.

By thw way, I've had at least seven Heineken's.

12-01-01 11:47 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Yeah I remember that post.

Because of that post I ALWAYS play the entire CD of whatever Stones happens to be in the jukebox at any given bar I'm at.

The result is almost always positive. When it's negative, I piss on the floor and leave.
12-02-01 01:24 AM
MarthaMyDear Oh, my God, Ximey... YOU RULE!!!!!!!! I would have rocked-out so hard at that cop party, I may have shot heroin and really would have gotten in trouble (well, not shot it... Nevermind... lol......................)... KEEP ROCKIN'!!!

*** Martha ***
12-03-01 12:00 PM
Joey The waitress exclaimed , " YES !!!!! " when " Torn and Frayed " brayed over the stereo system that evening in McCann's . I remember it well ........I was sitting at the bar , on my seventh " Rummer " ( Rum and coke ) when some gentleman stepped up to the juke box and played " Exile " in its entirety . I saw many a toe a tapping and a head a bobbing -- after Exile , everyone around the bar wanted to know , " Who was that guy ?????? "

Years later I would finally meet the famous " Maxy . "

Ahhhhhhh ..... Sweet Memories .

" Hit Me Hard Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-03-01 12:40 PM
Maxlugar You are my Joey.

Thanks for the reminder.

You are like our Bill Wyman. Keeping all records in order.

"Save my posts to a directory called "Maxy", Ronnie!"

Maxy Von Slippy Slap Slappy, Hootin' Nanny Scrotum Enlarger
12-03-01 04:18 PM
Joey I am the little Joey that could !!!!!!!!!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.