ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Being the Eggman i must say a few words... Return to archive
11-30-01 05:12 PM
The Eggman And that would be sit back and enjoy tonight with a glass of wine and play some Beatle music with a few friends over and enjoy, just enjoy life

MY SWEET LORD
11-30-01 05:16 PM
The Eggman All Things Must Pass
Beatles' guitarist George Harrison lost his battle with cancer yesterday at 4:30 p.m. ET at a friend's L.A. home. His wife, Olivia and 24-year-old son Dhani, were at his side. Harrison's contributions to The Beatles' were significant and included penning one of the world's most covered songs, "Something," which first appeared on Abbey Road. He went on to launch a solo career in 1970, after The Beatles' final studio album, Let It Be was released, which was marked by All Things Must Pass, featuring the spiritually uplifting classic, "My Sweet Lord." After some relatively quiet years that saw the release of several more solo albums, Harrison joined supergroup the Traveling Wilburys in 1988, with the likes of Bob Dylan and the late Roy Orbison. Apparently, a private ceremony has already been held. Tributes have been pouring in for the man who will forever be remembered as "the quiet Beatle." Beatles drummer Ringo Starr released a statement, calling George "a best friend of mine. I loved him very much and will miss him greatly...for his sense of love, his sense of music and his sense of laughter." John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, had this to say: "George has given so much to us in his lifetime and continues to do so even after his passing, with his music, his wit and his wisdom." Even Queen Elizabeth was "very sad to hear of the death of George Harrison." Perhaps no quote was more positive than that of legendary Beatles producer George Martin, who said, "Now I believe, as [George] did, that he has entered a higher state. God give him peace."

that was from MUCH NEWS. COM,

i think sums up quite a bit

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.