ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dead Beatle news Return to archive
11-30-01 07:33 AM
Maxlugar http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/music/newsid_1492000/1492446.stm

God bless you George.
11-30-01 08:07 AM
Child of the Moon I am sad beyond description. This week keeps getting worse and worse (at least, for me).

Well... all I can say is this: Rock and roll, George, wherever you are. It's all about you today. I'll see you when I get there. "If I needed someone to love, you're the one that I'd be thinking of... if I needed someone."

All things must pass away...
11-30-01 09:46 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I'm thankful that George's suffering is over. May he rest easy. He left us lots of great music to remember him by. Only 2 Beatles left, and another Wilbury gone.
11-30-01 10:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You're right Cardinal, my mother passed away by cancer, it was an endless agony in which both she and her relatives were suffering with no hope. So in these cases it is better that the things must pass.

I'm really sad, George was very special. Enjoy your sweet lord while our guitars gently weep.

Mis m�s sincero p�same a Olivia y a Dhani desde su natal M�xico. (My condolences to Olivia and Dhani from her natal M�xico)

These were the words Olivia left for the press and fans

"He left this world as he lived in it, conscious of God, fearless of death, and at peace, surrounded by family and friends. He often said, Everything else can wait but the search for God cannot wait, and love one another."
11-30-01 10:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some pix of Geroge with Mick Jagger (if someone has more of George with any member of the Rolling Stones please post them or send them to me)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11-30-01 11:27 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I lost a 2 grandparents to cancer, and my wife lost her sister to cancer...only 36 years old. The pain that these poor souls had to endure while here on earth, not just from the illness but from the treatments as well, is terrible. And the mental anguish that this causes their loved ones is unbearable.

No, in these cases, death is a blessing....a release. George is now at rest, and at peace. His family can start healing. We'll all miss George, but this is the best possible outcome.

Gerardo, I feel your pain, my brother. There is nothing quite as horrible as watching someone you love, someone who was a vital, vibrant person, slowly whither away to nothing. You would give anything to take away their pain....even for 5 minutes. I understand you Gerardo because I've been there with you.
11-30-01 11:40 AM
Sue Very nice words Geraldo and Cardinal I dont have any just this picture

R.I.P.
11-30-01 12:14 PM
Lazy Bones
My Sweet Lord - Geroge Harrison

My sweet lord
Hm, my lord
Hm, my lord

I really want to see you
Really want to be with you
Really want to see you lord
But it takes so long, my lord

My sweet lord
Hm, my lord
Hm, my lord

I really want to know you
Really want to go with you
Really want to show you lord
That it won't take long, my lord (hallelujah)

My sweet lord (hallelujah)
Hm, my lord (hallelujah)

I really want to see you
Really want to see you
Really want to see you, lord
Really want to see you, lord
But it takes so long, my lord (hallelujah)

Hm, my lord (hallelujah)
My, my, my lord (hallelujah)

I really want to know you (hallelujah)
Really want to go with you (hallelujah)
Really want to show you lord (aaah)
That it won't take long, my lord (hallelujah)

Hmm (hallelujah)
My, my, lord (hallelujah)

Hm, my lord (hare krishna)
My, my, my lord (hare krishna)
Oh hm, my sweet lord (krishna, krishna)
Oh-uuh-uh (hare hare)

Now, I really want to see you (hare rama)
Really want to be with you (hare rama)
Really want to see you lord (aaah)
But it takes so long, my lord (hallelujah)

Hm, my lord (hallelujah)
My, my, my lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (krishna krishna)
My lord (hare hare)
Hm, hm (Gurur Brahma)
Hm, hm (Gurur Vishnu)
Hm, hm (Gurur Devo)
Hm, hm (Maheshwara)
My sweet lord (Gurur Sakshaat)
My sweet lord (Parabrahma)
My, my, my lord (Tasmayi Shree)
My, my, my, my lord (Guruve Namah)
My sweet lord (Hare Rama)

(hare krishna)
My sweet lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (krishna krishna)
My lord (hare hare)
11-30-01 12:54 PM
adam krupa Even though there is very little beatles music that I liked, I think George was a good man and part of a great institution called the beatles...Well done George

And that is all the arse licking I'll do
11-30-01 01:07 PM
Jacques RIP George
you gave us a lot of happiness.
Thinks from Monique and I
11-30-01 03:07 PM
Tom A bunch of photos in yahoo news, search for "George Harrison" there are at this moment 122 one of them with Ronnie Wood

11-30-01 03:11 PM
Tom This is a recent photo of George with Olivia

11-30-01 04:15 PM
Tom

FILE--George
Harrison's son
Dhani, left, stands
outside Oxford
Crown Court in
Oxford, England
with his mother,
Harrison's wife
Olivia, in this Nov.
15, 2000 file photo.
Harrison died
Thursday Nov. 29,
2001, a longtime
family friend said.
He was 58. (AP
Photo/PA)
11-30-01 05:09 PM
The Eggman i'VE HAD A FAMILY HISTORY STRICKEN WITH THIS GREAT DISEASE, INCLUDING TWO GRANDMAS THAT HAD SAID AT THEIR DEATHBEDS TO MY MOM THAT "THEIR ONLY REGRET WAS NOT GOING TO WATCH ME GROW UP"...WELL IT WAS VERY SAD FOR ME

GEROGE SUFFERING IS OVER, INDEED, THUS TODAY I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT "ALL THINGS MUST PASS" ALBUM
11-30-01 05:38 PM
Gazza You bought his best one then...a fitting choice

George always struck me as a decent down to earth guy in a business full of egomaniacs (usually people who havent achieved 1% of what HE accomplished)

Not only does this make me feel very sad - it makes me also feel old all of a sudden. Half of The Beatles are now dead - a sobering thought...not least for Stones fans...the members of OUR favourite band are much the same age and despite the fact that many of us like to think they'll go on & on,its times like this we become even more aware of their mortality

Rest In Peace,L'Angelo Mysterioso
11-30-01 10:10 PM
~AzQb

...what really bites the BIGONE is that after last year's break-in fiasco (when his poor dear wife had to clock the nutter out with a lamp so he wouldn't murder dear George) now this. He's made it thru so much. So underneath tough. So obviously of the tenderest heart born to any soul.

I grieve. And i drink to him this sad evening.
11-30-01 10:42 PM
Maxlugar Shit, I'll drink to my dog farting, tonight.

11-30-01 11:09 PM
~AzQb

Dig it; i know PreCISely what you mean, my Lugar ; )/
11-30-01 11:33 PM
Torn & Frayed
quote:
Gazza wrote:

George always struck me as a decent down to earth guy in a business full of egomaniacs (usually people who havent achieved 1% of what HE accomplished)

Not only does this make me feel very sad - it makes me also feel old all of a sudden. Half of The Beatles are now dead - a sobering thought...not least for Stones fans...the members of OUR favourite band are much the same age and despite the fact that many of us like to think they'll go on & on,its times like this we become even more aware of their mortality

Rest In Peace,L'Angelo Mysterioso

Very well said Gazza.
Thanks.
12-03-01 04:23 PM
Joey Is it just Joey , or did it seem to me that George Harrison never really smiled very much in the last thirty - five years . Hell , the last photo I saw of him smiling was dated 1965 . What is up with that ??????

" Drink to me arse Ronnie "

Joey von smilely smile .
12-03-01 06:50 PM
~AzQb

Young Joey!!!

For the same reason ThePete rarely grins...i'm wearing that Rock, but figger it out, my friend. Green eggs&ham. SalamiBabaBaloney....

Love you muchly
12-04-01 09:17 AM
Joey Joey pretty dense.......

Need help my queen.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.