ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can you name a band to emerge in the last 5 years that makes better albums than the last couple ston Return to archive
11-28-01 09:35 PM
VOODOO The Rolling Stones are held to a much higher standard than any band in existence today. They are the only band of their stature that still exists in the year 2001.

They are judged against their own legend while current bands are judged by the crap that is one the radio today.

For example I noticed that Creed is on top of the charts in the USA. To put it mildly THEIR MUSIC SUCKS. It's totally cliche crap that nobody will remember in five years.

I would say that Voodoo Lounge is a superior record compared to that Creed trash.

When a new Stones record hits the Stores it is compared to Exile on Main Street,Sticky Finers,Some Girls etc. They don't have the luxury of being compared to crap like Creed or Smashmouth or any of the trash on the radio today.

The Stones are legends and are held to MUCH higher standards. In many ways that is not fair.

11-28-01 09:46 PM
justinkurian Right on VOODOO! It's fucking true. But it also applies to the other great artists. Dylan is always being compared to his past, with the last two albums right up there with the best. McCartney will always be compared to the Beatles and so on. CREED STILL SUCKS. I can't wait until they go away. When they do, I'll play live Midnight Rambler, 'cause I love that song.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.