ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ok - Tell me something interesting! Return to archive
11-28-01 01:25 PM
adam krupa What really bugs me is the Fan obsession, with licking arse! Like- any of the Stones really comes to this board. They may occasionally, but are probably bored of arse lickers..
I'm quite sure that I'll never reach the heights in my field of painting that they have reached in their field, but I'm quite happy selling the odd piece of work, as long as I'm still enjoying creating. So who cares if they sell any records ever again?

The band must have about a million and one stories about how they got to the top etc.. I bet you lot know things that maybe weren't documented??

You may choose to ignore me which is fine, then I have lost out & you can get on with your obsession.
11-28-01 01:57 PM
Miss U. Adam, i agree amt of records sold is a non-issue for them; but I'm sure they still like feeling that people out there appreciate & like the music! They're rich enough as it is. But it's nice to see new generations of younguns gettin into the Stones/solo stuff.

I like some of your art; checked it out. I also draw portraits, just as a hobby...you can see some of them on my site, in the "about me" section. Have you ever done some on the Stones--Brian Jones in particular? If so, maybe I can show it on my site in the artwork section & give you more publicity at the same time. Hope you don't starve! lol.
11-28-01 06:12 PM
adam krupa There is no doubt that I wouldn't mind doing some Rolling Stones' paintings. They and Led Zep produced some of my favourite music, and I thank them for that. (Jimi Page is the same as the stones - creatively ie.he did it when it mattered)

I've about 20 personal paintings & Commissions that I have to do before I undertake anything else, but if I find the right images. then I'll definately do a good job on them.

I've already done one band. I used to manage them- see AKA Weave (page 1)

Display them - definately
11-29-01 11:44 AM
Miss U. OK, just let me know when you do one of Brian, and I'll gladly add it on my site with a link to your site! Cheers.
11-29-01 02:39 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Adam,

If you want to read some interesting stories about the Stones, hit a book seller, or a public library, and check out some bios of the various band members, and the band itself. Bill Wyman's "Stone Alone" is really fun.

I don't think it's our responsibility to entertain you with those kinds of tales....especially when the stuff is readily available to you elsewhere.

You can get Ramen noodles in various flavors for a mere $0.12 per pack!
11-29-01 06:13 PM
~AzQb

Hell, and "Snickers" are the big thing now ; )

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.