ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick with Alexis
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst Stones Album? Return to archive
11-26-01 09:33 PM
justinkurian What do you guys think the worst stones album is? I know there will be a few votes for Emotional Rescue. I don't think that album is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, it's not their best, but it ain't no Dirty Work. C'mon, someone has to agree...
11-26-01 11:07 PM
the lepper Dirty Work.....no, Emotional Rescue......no, BTB........no
aw hell, after Exile it was all down hill. I'd have to say, Emotional Rescue, if only because of the rediculous title song. "on a fine Arabian Chaaaaagggaaaa"......Keith should have put his foot down on that one.
11-26-01 11:43 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Emotional Rescue.

Sucks like a Hoover.
11-27-01 12:37 AM
The Eggman MY FAVORITE late 70's album, is Emotinal Rescue, shit faces
11-27-01 01:16 AM
Cardinal Ximinez We all have our crosses to bear Eggman, and it seems yours is Emotional Rescue.

I love your use of the words "shit faces". It's so new and innovative. I never would have thought of that one. What's next? A clever use of the word "dickhead"? Yeah Eggman, use that one. I haven't heard it used since jr. high school. You get extra points if you use proper grammar & punctuation.
[Edited by Cardinal Ximinez]
[Edited by Cardinal Ximinez]
11-27-01 04:45 AM
Mathijs Worst: Dirty Work
Best: Beggars/Sticky/It's Only R&R/Undercover

Worst song ever: Indian Girl: i'd rather listen to Hideaway for a year than one time to Indian Girl

Best song: studio version of Brown Sugar: this is the ultimate Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll
11-27-01 09:10 AM
sandrew Except for the two Mick songs ("Winning Ugly" and "Back to Zero"), I think Dirty Work is pretty good. Steve Lillywhite's production was awful - Charlie's drums never sounded so bad - but the Keith/Ronnie compositions are really rocking on that one. As for Emotional Rescue, I think it's definitely one of their most diverse, a worthwhile effort.

My vote: Their Satanic Majesties Request. As Keith once said, it's a "load of crap."
11-27-01 12:21 PM
Maxlugar When will you shit faces realize Dirty Work is the guitar
crashingest, Mick vocal chord rippingest, Charlie on smackingest,
hatred showing throughingest, Bill "The Little Hands That Could"
Wyman still with the bandingest, Dirty Fucker exclaimingest,
Awesome bootleg resultingest, made my summer of '86ingest,
pussys like Ratt cowaring from the sheer poweringest, shake
the siding of your housingest, hard rocking mother fuckingest,
album the Stones have ever put out?!

Good friggin' fuck!

They don't play that hard every album. When they do, you
get down on your knees and sucks its balls!

Dirty Work is an album of great Stonesitude.

Submerge yourself in its Stonesilicous guitar slashings!

Fucking shit faces.
11-27-01 12:32 PM
Tom I can't say which is the worst, I like them all, but based on how often I play them I go for Dirty Work as the "less attractive to listen", however there are some great tracks on it. It was the hardest time for the group
11-27-01 04:21 PM
justinkurian Post Tattoo You 80's Stones or 90's Stones...album-wise?
11-27-01 04:36 PM
The Eggman Hey Spanish Conquistador , The Stones evolve, they dont stay the same over years. I similpy put light on this sitution, dont u ever cross me!!!
11-27-01 06:29 PM
Cherry Oh Baby My less favourite album is Dirty Work, but despite this I must agree with Maxlugar: some time ago we listened this album with the special "karaoke adaptor" (vocals went away, and the music went on the foreground) and it was FABULOUS.
11-27-01 07:34 PM
Child of the Moon Maxy, you are my hero. Long live Dirty Work!
\
As for least fave... I choose not to select one, because I like ALL of their albums. If there's one I listen to slightly less than the others, it's Steel Wheels. But I still like that album.

On the other hand, there are a few songs in the Stones' canon that really suck. Indian Girl is right up there...
11-27-01 07:58 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Oh my goodness! I've made The Eggman mad at me. Whatever shall I do? Eggman said "don't u ever cross me!!!" Or what? You'll call me a "shit face"? Why the mere thought of that makes me SHUDDER with fear. What if you call me some other horrible name?! I hope it's as original as "shit face".

PS. Maxy...notice that I did not pick DW as my worst. Compared to ER, DW is a classic. That album was made for a stadium tour. One Hit was magnificent on the '89 tour.

11-27-01 11:24 PM
justinkurian I cannot believe how many people like Dirty Work. I went out drinking tonight and now am listening to my Bremen, Germany boot. I can't fathom listening to DW. But, I'll admit 'One Hit' is an awesome song. Pretty cool Page plays on it.
11-28-01 02:40 PM
Gazza One Hit To The Body is one of the most underrated songs the Stones ever put out. Awesome track..Sleep tonight is especially wonderful too....however,I think half the songs on it are sub standard in Stones terms. Definitely one of their weakest offerings. Even some of the rockers arent that good.

Worst albums? Satanic Majesties is the worst studio album. Deservedly panned at the time - although latter day reviews of it have been a bit kinder. IMO theres about 3 good songs on it (2000 man,2000 light years,rainbow). The rest is hideous and proof that the Stones and acid do NOT mix.

Got Live if you want it is hard to listen to as well - although trying to capture the mood of a chaotic Stones 1966 show with 4000 teenagers screaming and a recroding technique akin to putting a string through a baked bean can is somewhat difficult - even allowing for the fact that half of it was done in the studio.

Most of the other "weaker" albums still have their moments of magic though. I never thought much of "Emotional rescue" - the title track specially is the worst single they ever released - but i love "Where the boys go" (another underrated belter of a song) and a few others.
11-28-01 04:53 PM
winter As a frequent visitor and an occasional responder to this page, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My username is "winter", and I am a 30 yr old Bostonian. I just wanted to say that I think this site is great.

Although I'm probably not as knowledgeable about the band as many of you, I've been a stones fan since I was about 8 yrs old (around '79). My first recollections of the stones (pretty vague) are seeing Jagger and co on Solid Gold (yup, you've got it Dionne Warwick and the Solid Gold Dancers - AWFUL) doing emotional rescue (I think it was a video and not a live performance) and a local pizza place that had She's So Cold on the Juke Box.

E/R was my first album (stones or otherwise). For that reason,E/R has a special place in my heart. Althouhg it is pretty atypical of a stones album (if there is such a thing as a typical stones album), I think its pretty good.

Down in the Hole and All About You (probably my favorite Keith song)are absolutely great.

I am definitely in the camp that thinks Dirty Work is the worst stones album. As for the worst release, I think Harlem Shuffle wins the category, hands down.

11-28-01 07:04 PM
Maxlugar I was hoping I had met a new friend, winter.

I guess I was wrong.

When Emotional Rescue meets Dirty Work in the park, it immediately rolls on its side and sticks one leg in the air. After Dirty Work smells his ass, he mounts Emotional Rescue until he bleeds. When he's done, he makes Emotional Rescue lick his big-ass red dick clean.

Thanks for your time.

Maxy!

11-28-01 08:22 PM
winter Tough crowd. Nice frickin' visual though -
11-28-01 09:31 PM
Joey Question : " What is red , white and rolls around on the ground ? "

Answer : "Emotional Rescue " and " Dirty Work " bleeding and cumming all over each other after a wild gay sex session .

11-28-01 11:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
winter wrote:
As a frequent visitor and an occasional responder to this page, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My username is "winter", and I am a 30 yr old Bostonian. I just wanted to say that I think this site is great.

Welcome Winter! Thanks for your words, let me tell you that this site is great because of the regulars who visit, who post news or information, who discuss Stones-related topics, who add humor and cool stuff.

keep rocking

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.