ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Nagoya Dome, Japan - 5th april 2006
© Asahi with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Singer of regional music group found death (NSC) Return to archive
4th December 2007 12:10 PM
rogerriffin Fucking violence by mexican drug trades....

Singer of K-Paz slain, death toll of Mexican musicians rises
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tuesday, December 4th 2007, 11:36 AM

Sergio Gómez, lead singer of the norteño band K-Paz de la Sierra, has been found dead.
MEXICO CITY (AP) — The tortured body of the lead singer of a popular Mexican band was found along a highway Monday and another singer was shot to death, police said, the latest Mexican musicians killed in a wave of violence over the past year.

Sergio Gómez, a singer with K-Paz de la Sierra, went missing Sunday after a concert in the Michoacan state capital of Morelia, according to the state attorney general’s office.

Gómez allegedly got into a car with three other people after the concert and headed for Puerto Vallarta, said Magdalena Guzmán, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office. His body was found Monday, showing signs of choking and severe bruising on the thorax and abdomen — as well as burns on the legs.

Guzmán said it wasn’t clear how Gómez died despite the signs of choking. “The blows were so severe that they too could have been fatal,” she said.

K-Paz was the best-known band in the “Pasito Duranguense” music scene, which features ballads played at a sped-up rhythm. Among the group’s hits was “Más Capaces Que Nunca,” or “More Capable than Ever,” for which it earned a Billboard Latin Music Award last year.

Mario Olvera, the group’s manager, said the singer’s family identified his body Monday night. “His brothers saw the body: It’s his,” Olvera said.

A lesser-known singer Zayda Peña, 28, was shot in the heart Saturday in the city of Matamoros, across the border from Brownsville, Texas, while recovering from a gunshot wound received on Friday, police detective Abel Infante said Monday.

Two people with Peña were killed in the Friday shooting. No suspects were identified in her killing.

Peña headed a band known as Zayda y los Culpables — “Zayda and the Guilty Ones.” One of her songs was “Tiro de Gracia,” a reference to an execution-style gunshot.

At least eight musicians have been killed in Mexico this year, including performers of the popular northern “Narcocorrido” music whose lyrics often focus on drug trafficking and violence.

Michoacan has made headlines this year for drug-related violence, as traffickers fight over routes to transport drugs north. K-Paz’s songs, however, did not deal extensively with drug trafficking. Peña’s songs were mostly romantic ballads.

On Nov. 25, 2006, Valentín Elizalde was shot to death along with his manager and driver shortly after performing across the border from McAllen, Texas.

Last December, Javier Morales Gómez of the band Los Implacables del Norte was shot to death in a park in Michoacan. Police have not spoken of a motive in that case.

In February, gunmen shot to death four members of the musical group Banda Fugaz after they performed in Michoacan.

Gómez will be buried in Mexico City on Tuesday, Olvera said.

4th December 2007 01:19 PM
voodoopug i thought i heard an angel cry
4th December 2007 01:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
RIP "I thought I heard an angel cry".

I was nervous the entire time my wife was in Mexico!!!
4th December 2007 01:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

LOL there are more crimes in the USA than in Mexico; as other countries the problem is when you are in the dangerous places. Just see how many TV programs the USA has about crimes: CSI (in all its variations), Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Investigative Reports, FBI Files, etc etc etc

So you wife is safe here as long as she is in "regular places" of course she'll be in danger if she goes to the dangerous places, you will be raped, murdered and probably eaten (yes, you heard it right) in those dangerous places.
4th December 2007 02:31 PM
poopooslug Many Slugs eat their wives. A steaming pile of dung (see: IORR).
I was very disappointed with her performance. I have since replaced her. Much happier now.
6th December 2007 09:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

What would you say if I wrote this because of the Nebraska mall

I was nervous the entire time my wife was in a USA mall!!!

There's psychos everywhere man...

Schools, malls, streets... what next? Churches?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)