ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New BLACK SABBATH Songs Are 'Very, Very Heavy, But A Little Bit More Modern' Return to archive
10th December 2006 06:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
VINNY APPICE: New BLACK SABBATH Songs Are 'Very, Very Heavy, But A Little Bit More Modern' - Dec. 10, 2006

Vinny Appice, legendary drummer from DIO/BLACK SABBATH, checked in with Hardrock Haven after returning from England and recording with Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. The band, called HEAVEN AND HELL, is recording bonus tracks for the "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" release is planning a world tour. Here are a couple excerpts from the interview:

Hardrock Haven: Well, the big news is you just got back from recording with the group HEAVEN AND HELL, featuring Dio, Butler, Iommi and yourself, for the "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" release. Your involvement was sort of a last-minute thing, correct?

Appice: It was not the last minute, probably the middle minute, haha. They were working with Bill Ward before. I’m not quite sure why the decision was made, but I got a phone call basically saying, "Can you come to England tomorrow?" So, I hopped on a plane and went to England, to Birmingham, hit the studio and did a couple tracks for a release that's going to be called "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". And they are going to put a couple new songs on the CD. And then there is a tour starting in March.

Hardrock Haven: I think everyone wants to know what the new music is going to sound like.

Appice: It sounds … I was blown away when I heard the songs. They sound very SABBATH-y, you know, really evil songs. And very, very heavy, but a little bit more modern. Ronnie did some absolutely killer melodies, and vocals and lyrics on it. It just fit so well together. I heard the original tracks with just the drum machine, you know, and once we put the drums on it, it completed the puzzle. It just came alive. The songs are absolutely kick ass.

On Bill Ward:

Appice: I would like to say, to go on the record, I really love Bill Ward. I was always influenced by Bill's playing from all of the old stuff, you know, and I'm honored to always be affiliated withBill. I think he's a great drummer and a great person too.

Appice also talked about his all-star cover band, THE HOLLYWOOD ALLSTARZ, and the release of his new project with Jimmy Bain, Brian Young, Chas West and Carlos Cavazo, called 3 LEGGED DOGG.

To hear the interview in its entirety, go to www.hardrockhaven.net.
10th December 2006 06:40 PM
mojoman never say die
11th December 2006 02:29 AM
marko why only bonus songs?I want 12new sabbath songs,Iommi must
have extra ones in his pocket.
11th December 2006 02:32 PM
Sway This is progress.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)