ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylor: "My addiction stemmed from idolising Richards and Stewart" Return to archive
8th December 2006 02:43 AM
Ten Thousand Motels TAYLOR: 'MY ADDICTION STEMMED FROM IDOLISING RICHARDS AND STEWART'
Movie & Entertainment News (www.wenn.com)
2006-12-07 09:09:04 -

DURAN DURAN rocker JOHN TAYLOR blames his one-time cocaine addiction on how the lives of KEITH RICHARDS and ROD STEWART were glamorised in the media.

The A VIEW TO A KILL star has now quit cocaine, but admits his former lifestyle was influenced by 1970s rock stars.
Taylor says, "The mistake I made was, in the 1970s, I thought Keith Richards was a druggie and Rod Stewart a salacious, car-collecting girl magnet. You got misplaced ideas of what these men were.

"If you want to be thriving in your forties and fifties, you have to be disciplined. That is the reality of life and we know how to stay healthy.

"Knowing what I know now, I know that The Rolling Stones were not as f**ked up as we were led to believe. They couldn't have achieved what they've achieved if they had been."

8th December 2006 06:25 AM
Gazza >I thought Keith Richards was a druggie and Rod Stewart a salacious, car-collecting girl magnet. You got misplaced ideas of what these men were.

Misplaced??? I'd say that was pretty fuckin' accurate...!
8th December 2006 06:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Misplaced??? I'd say that was pretty fuckin' accurate...!

LOL. I think you've missed his point.

8th December 2006 07:30 AM
Gazza I know....
8th December 2006 08:50 AM
Doxa I almost miss the important 'point' by Robert Taylor because I thought we are talking about Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, and.... Ian Stewart here! Honestly I did! I know Stu was a cool guy, but being such an effect to Baby Mick... a new theory for his quitting perhaps...?

- Doxa
8th December 2006 08:52 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Doxa wrote:
I almost miss the important 'point' by Robert Taylor because I thought we are talking about Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, and.... Ian Stewart here! Honestly I did! I know Stu was a cool guy, but being such an effect to Baby Mick... a new theory for his quitting perhaps...?

- Doxa

I thought the same thing.
8th December 2006 10:04 AM
gustavobala LOL.... i tought was MICK TAYLOR AND STU XD
8th December 2006 06:38 PM
The Wick I thought it was Keith Richards and Martha Stewart.
8th December 2006 06:40 PM
glencar She's spent more time in the pokey than Keith!
8th December 2006 06:54 PM
MrPleasant I've been severely influenced by Nicolas Cage's performance in Leaving Las Vegas. I'm planning to sue the entire Film industry for my alcoholism, the evil bastards. They'll see!
9th December 2006 05:51 AM
corgi37 I'm highly influenced by Ron Jeremy and soon as i finish this, i am gonna butt-fuck the wife then try to perform self-fellatio.

Or, should that be the other way around?
9th December 2006 09:33 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I thought it was Keith Richards and Martha Stewart.

Funny! I somehow missed it yesterday Wicky!
9th December 2006 10:09 AM
GotToRollMe Too bad his talent didn't stem from idolizing Keith.
9th December 2006 11:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I think I've finally figured this alcoholism/heavy drinking thing out.

Top 5 chief causes of alcoholism.

1. Wife
2. Bad boss
3. Trying to emulate Keith Richards lifestle.
4. bad childhood
5. bankruptcy
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)