ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh Joey!!!! Return to archive
7th December 2006 02:26 PM
LadyJane I'm listening to The Who right now.

Have a GREAT time tonight!!!

The Who at the Quest Center!!!!

Do you think they'll call you up to the stage for a special serenade????

"Rough Boys", perhaps??

We want a full review tomorrow morning.

LJ.

7th December 2006 02:28 PM
glencar LOL Rough boys, alright! Bring yer finga lite!
7th December 2006 03:13 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm listening to The Who right now.

Have a GREAT time tonight!!!

The Who at the Quest Center!!!!

Do you think they'll call you up to the stage for a special serenade????

"Rough Boys", perhaps??

We want a full review tomorrow morning.

LJ.

Bless You My Stonesian Queen !!!!

Tonight the QWEST CENTER will be a rockin'

7th December 2006 03:18 PM
glencar Sadly, no.
7th December 2006 03:23 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

7th December 2006 03:27 PM
Starbuck acht und mein lieber! another joey post!

its oversaturation, i tell you! soon joey will be a flash in the pan, just like the gigapet, lynne cheney and the where's the beef lady.

7th December 2006 03:29 PM
GotToRollMe Hope you get a great show, Joey! Mr. Moon would approve, I'm sure.
7th December 2006 03:29 PM
glencar B list, I'm sorry. I expected more.(referring to Bucky!)
[Edited by glencar]
7th December 2006 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Hope you get a great show, Joey! Mr. Moon would approve, I'm sure.

Bless You

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
8th December 2006 12:55 PM
Martha Pino is FIFTY feet tall!

Joey howe was the show????????
9th December 2006 09:49 AM
GotToRollMe Joey, you bastard, where are you?

Didja have a Whogasm and take a heart attack on us?
Are you lodged under a seat somewhere in the Qwest Center, only to be discovered when they hose it out for the next 4-H convention?

How was Petey? Did Mr. Moon show up in ectoplasmic form and take over from Zack for the encore? Did they play "I'm A Boy" or "Pictures Of Lily?" Do they EVER play "I'm A Boy" or "Pictures Of Lily?"

Can you tell just how fuckin' bored I really AM?

I demand a Who-view! C'mon, spill!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
9th December 2006 11:54 AM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
Pino is FIFTY feet tall!

Joey howe was the show????????

Here I IS Martha !!!!!!!!!

Holy Frig ...................

What Can I Possibly Say ?!?! ... It was a magical night and one of the Greatest Rock n' Roll Concerts that I have EVER witnessed in my Forty - Two Years here on this orb . Real Quick ..... a complete listing of my TOP FIVE ALL TIME GIGS :

1. Stones , Omaha '06 / THE WHO , Omaha '06
2. Stones , Denver ' 03 / THE WHO , Englewood , CO , '02
3. Stones , Kansas City ' 99 / THE WHO , Denver ' 00

..... Oh , Frig it .... Why do I even bother to see other musical acts ?

Anyway , ......about last night !!!!!!!!

The Arena was only 3/4ths full ( about 12,000 people ) as the upper levels on the two sides were COMPLETELY tarped off ( see : Soldier Field for the Stones this past October )
Still , as a member of ' my crew ' pointed out , the band sold all the expensive seats so WTF ?!?!

THE PRETENDERS were awesome and the Omaha Crowd actually showed up ' in mass ' for the band --- I mean , when you have two groups that have already been inducted into the " Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame " on the bill , it is best to have only one drink in the VIP Lounge and then get to one's seat quickly . That being said , I had an excellent spot in the lower bowl , row three , eye - level to the stage and RIGHT in front of Pete . I could see Pete and Rog. watching THE PRETENDERS from the wings and when Chrissie acknowledged them the audience erupted ................YEAH !!!!!!!!

....and THEN !!!!!!!

It was time for THE WHO !!!!!!!

I was still taking a pee in the VIP lounge when I heard the opening strains of " Can't Explain " . Damn . They sure did not wait very long between acts . I tucked Lil' Joey back into my pants - whilst in full stream - and RAN to me seat -- almost knocking some poor middle - aged woman who was carrying a tray of beers down in the process . Whew ***** That was close ******

I arrived just in time to see Pete looking at me as he finished the first song and then the band launched right into " The Seeker " . There was a minor technical problem as Pete switched guitars almost immediately but from that point on you could tell that " THE PETEY " was going to be on FIRE for the remainder of the evening . Sure , Roger's voice has been affected somewhat by a cold and the incredible number of shows but the " Chairman of the Board " played one blistering solo after another and the opening to " Who Are You " reminded me of Camden ' 02 --- YES !!!! ... THAT inspirational -- just wait until you see the DVD of THIS concert .

Anyway , the set - list was just the same as all the rest of the shows except for no " Good Looking Boy " --- Thank Heaven ( the Joey is not a big Elvis fan but he likes Elvis' choice in women ) . The graphics on the screen during " Man - in - a - Purple Dress " was absolutely Friggin Haunting and we got " Dress " , " Black Widow Eyes " ( about the Belsian Massacare ) and " Mike Post Theme " back - to - back - to - back " ( this gave your young ' a dancin' ' Joey a chance to wipe the perspiration off his forehead , drink some more of his Vodka Redbull , and rest his fanny for the final numbers ) .

Roger's voice seemed to get stronger as he fed off the tremendous audience enthusiasm during " You better / You Bet " , " My Generation " and the epochal " Won't Get Fooled Again " ( which has taken on a new cultural resonance these days as America is about to lose only its Second War EVER .... DAMN !!!! .... Why ?! ) .

During the ' Tommy ' encore , Pete's BIRDMAN was spectacular and brought the entire house down ( ...... though Roger failed to break apart his tambourines )

" See Me / Feel Me " witnessed Roger's voice almost totally giving out -- ( how he will manage to perform tonight in St. Paul MUST be credited to his doctors -- still the guy is one tough cookie and I wouldn't fuck with THIS sixty three year old ) -- and " Tea & Theatre " was sublime ( I think Roger liked the way I would yell out between verses and he nailed the song with a fiery passion and emotion ) .

The final moment of the evening ( one that I shall ALWAYS remember ) took place at the very end as Rog. and Pete stood alone on the stage and said ' Goodbye ' . I made eye contact with Pete and extended out my arms to him whilst imitating his ' pouring - out - my - heart - to - the - audience gesture ' ... Pete did the same thing back to me and smiled ....................................

Lovely !

Kins .

9th December 2006 12:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for your review, Joeykins!

I is a little worried about your comments on Roger's voice, as I am seeing them Monday in Columbus...Hope his doctor can cure him!!!
9th December 2006 03:11 PM
Martha Joey you are my favorite poster!!!!! How nice for you to get a nod from the Petey! I am very happy for you.

Meg.....glad to hear you'll be at the show in Cowtown! You Go girl!

Rocks OFF!

Martha
9th December 2006 03:46 PM
WinslowStud I don't understand - aren't two of them dead? How can they be called "the Who" if half of them are not there?
9th December 2006 04:24 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Thanks for your review, Joeykins!

I is a little worried about your comments on Roger's voice, as I am seeing them Monday in Columbus...Hope his doctor can cure him!!!

Hell , I am surprised the St. Paul Show last evening went off without a ' hitch ' .

Developing .....................................
10th December 2006 10:12 AM
GotToRollMe Great review, Joey! Almost wish I'd hit a show. Alas, I cannot see them, feel them, touch them or hear them without Mr. Moon. It just wouldn't seem right to me. But I'm awfully glad you had a good time. Moon approves, my young son...Moon approves.

10th December 2006 10:21 AM
LadyJane I knew "you would be greeted"!!!

Pete just HAD to know his biggest fan was in the house.

Great review, Joey!!

LJ.

10th December 2006 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I knew "you would be greeted"!!!

Pete just HAD to know his biggest fan was in the house.

Great review, Joey!!

LJ.

Bless You LadyJane ..........

Pete Townshend sure is a handsome devil , huh ?!?!

The entire concert was ferociously compelling.

Kins.
10th December 2006 04:55 PM
Joey
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Great review, Joey! Almost wish I'd hit a show. Alas, I cannot see them, feel them, touch them or hear them without Mr. Moon. It just wouldn't seem right to me. But I'm awfully glad you had a good time. Moon approves, my young son...Moon approves.

Actually GotToRollMe , Keith was at the show .

He has attended many of the Who concerts on this tour and Keith sat right next to me for most of the gig . He missed the first few songs as he was chatting up some Germanic blonde in the " Club Lounge " and had just begun drinking his large " Vodka RedBull " when the band came on stage a bit early and launched right into " Can't Explain " .

Anyway , Keith absolutely adores the new album and feels the musicianship in the band rivals anything the old WHO used to do back in the mid ' 70s . He mentioned specifically Zak's stick work and Pete's guitar playing but was especially impressed with Roger's voice holding out for the entire tour . Oh , and Keith likes the way they are turning up Pino's bass playing in the mix .

Keith did not stick around too long after the gig as he was on his way to party with SirMoonie at the next evening's WHO show at the Xcel Center in St. Paul . In fact , I didn't even get a chance to say , " Goodbye " but I am quite sure I will see him again real soon

Kins.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)