ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bruce and ESB rumor (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th December 2006 10:21 PM
Dan
quote:
ebmp wrote:

I really wanted to, but that's not likely to happen hehe

But seeing him in the US must be something else.

But I really wanted to go to a show like that Barcelona one, from the DVD. Man that crowd is amazing!

Then you sure don't want to pick a U.S. show to go to
7th December 2006 11:12 PM
ebmp Yeah thw US crowd seems to be more quiet... But on the other hand, Bruce plays more rare songs in the US I think. I'd love to hear a hidden gem on a concert, like NYC Serenade or Incident on 57th Street
8th December 2006 12:08 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
If Bruce plays AC, I will make a big effort to go....

Honey, if Bruce plays AC, I think a summit is in order...big time!
8th December 2006 12:11 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
ebmp wrote:
Yeah thw US crowd seems to be more quiet... But on the other hand, Bruce plays more rare songs in the US I think. I'd love to hear a hidden gem on a concert, like NYC Serenade or Incident on 57th Street

If I could see him play NYC Serenade one more time I think I could die happy.
8th December 2006 04:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Hey Gazza, just wondering. I had heard that Bruce was doing Johnny99 on the U.S. leg of the seeger sessions. Did he play it at any of the shows you saw? If so, how did it sound?. This song alone almost made me go see the ssb show. Interested in how it sounded with that format?

It was probably the one song I didnt care for in its new arrangement, actually (apart from "Open All Night" which while it was OK just went on for about five or ten minutes too long). Kinda stopped the show dead when I saw it (I think he did it at one or two of the Dublin shows)- a weird jazzy/rap style arrangement.

I dont know if you've heard the version he did when he played it on the Rising tour finale at Shea Stadium in 2003. Dont think he'd played it all tour, and they did this incredible swingin' fiddle-driven arrangement of it at that one. A similar arrangement with this current band would have been perfect.
8th December 2006 04:54 AM
Ronnie Richards Hopefully there be truth in these rumours.
If any of you haven't seen Bruce & the ESB you really, really should take this opportunity to do so.
I have seen nine shows and it's a religious experience each and every time - and I'm an atheist!

BTW, this one was the greatest ever...:

June 22 / Gothenburg, Sweden / Ullevi Stadium
Notes: For the second Gothenburg concert, an extended show-closing "Twist and Shout" brings the show to the three-and-a-quarter-hour mark, at 27 songs, with continued stadium-show tweaking making for quite a setlist. The main set opens with "The Promised Land" and closes with "No Surrender." In between are such rarities as "Jackson Cage," "Atlantic City," "Growin' Up," and "Racing in the Street." "Hungry Heart" and the "Detroit Medley" make the encores, for a total of nine songs in Night Two that weren't performed the previous night.

Setlist: The Promised Land/The Rising/Lonesome Day/Jackson Cage/My Love Will Not Let You Down/Atlantic City/Empty Sky/The River/Waitin' on a Sunny Day/Darlington County/Growin' Up/Worlds Apart/Badlands/She's the One/Mary's Place/Racing in the Street/Into the Fire/No Surrender
First Encore: Thunder Road/Hungry Heart/Ramrod/Born to Run/Detroit Medley
Second Encore: My City of Ruins/Land of Hope and Dreams/Dancing in the Dark/Twist and Shout

8th December 2006 07:38 AM
chevysales
quote:
robpop wrote:
I heard a rumor that Bruce and the E Street Band will be touring next year with a new album. Anybody else hear this? I missed him on his last solo tour, but and ESB tour is a sure not to miss.

yea who wants to miss his stage slide
since it's so spur of the moment...
8th December 2006 09:12 AM
rasputin56 At least he never pranced around stage riding a giant cock. And no, Clarence doesn't count.
8th December 2006 09:43 AM
rasputin56 As far as the recording of the Boston shows at the Garden last year (both of which I attended), rumor has it that it wasn't technical but more artist problems that screwed it up. The first night's setlist was very vanilla and he screwed up many of between song stories, even ranting at one point about how Bush was going to ban fucking. The second night was a much better show but apparently, the Boss was a little "loose" for the show. I thought this greatly enhanced the show but it looks like now it'll be sitting on a shelf next to the filmed Fenway shows until he or Landau kicks.

This guys "predictions" have been pretty hit or miss, so we'll see. Definitely hopeful for an ESB tour.
9th December 2006 01:25 PM
Gazza Little Steven starts own record label
By Louis Lanzano, AP File Photo

The ever-busy Steven Van Zandt is adding record label owner to his list of "hobbies." He also stars on HBO's The Sopranos.

NEW YORK (AP) — It's not like Steven Van Zandt doesn't have enough to keep him busy.
There's his job as host of his nationally syndicated Underground Garage radio program, with more than 1 million listeners in 200 markets. And his position as head of his own channel on Sirius Satellite Radio. And his role as consigliere Silvio Dante on The Sopranos.

Oh, and he's the guitarist with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.

Yet this week, Van Zandt added another line to his rapidly expanding resume: head of his own record label. In a deal with Best Buy stores, he rolled out the first six records on his rocking new label.

"I'm getting a little bored, you know?" the 56-year-old Van Zandt deadpanned in the Manhattan office that is home to his Wicked Cool Records.

Despite his relentless schedule, Van Zandt said his involvement with the new label was total.

"Right now, it's 100%," said Van Zandt. "It's a very personal thing. ... It's my own taste, my own personality, and we're not pretending otherwise. We're not doing any marketing surveys."

"If I dig it, I'm going to try and support it."

Van Zandt sits in a sixth-floor loft, decorated with vintage movie posters (Barbarella ) and pop culture memorabilia (a Ramones lunch box). He's wearing a purple scarf around his head, well-worn jeans, and a shirt undone to mid-chest.

He's quick to laugh, but quite serious about this latest effort to resurrect old-school rock 'n' roll. Since starting his nationally syndicated radio show nearly five years ago, Van Zandt has become the Johnny Appleseed of garage rock, spreading his musical seeds from coast to coast.

It's worked, too.

Van Zandt estimated his program has introduced 150 new bands since then. Two of the newer groups are featured in the first half-dozen releases: Strange Magic, by the Charms, and Mastermind, by the Oslo-based all-female band The Cocktail Slippers. The Chesterfield Kings, another show favorite, are also among the first releasing an album on Wicked Cool.

One of the label's staples is a plan to release four compilation albums per year under the title, The Coolest Songs in the World. Not surprisingly, the concept is a fixture on Van Zandt's weekly program.

"The label did evolve out of the radio show," Van Zandt explained. "These a lot of bands these days. A lot of the bands came to us and said they needed a little help."

Van Zandt laughs when asked about comments by Springsteen earlier this year that he's already written half of a new album for the E Street Band.

"He's lying," Van Zandt says of his longtime friend. "He always has two albums in his pocket, OK? Always. If he's got a jacket on, he's got three albums. ... I wouldn't be surprised if we get that phone call soon. I don't know if it will be '07, but we will certainly make a record."

The perpetually busy Van Zandt is also shooting the final three episodes of The Sopranos.

"There's surprises," he said of the final season. "Oh, there's surprises. Leave it at that."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)