ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bruce and ESB rumor (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th December 2006 08:09 PM
robpop I heard a rumor that Bruce and the E Street Band will be touring next year with a new album. Anybody else hear this? I missed him on his last solo tour, but and ESB tour is a sure not to miss.
6th December 2006 08:50 PM
sweetcharmedlife No I have not heard that rumour. But that is one show I would give my left nut to see. I was'nt too crazy about the whole seeger session stuff, but I would love to see an E- Street band show.
6th December 2006 08:58 PM
robpop
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
No I have not heard that rumour. But that is one show I would give my left nut to see. I was'nt too crazy about the whole seeger session stuff, but I would love to see an E- Street band show.

You gotta see him with the ESB. Saw him several times during the Rising Tour. I thought that tour was better than the Reunion Tour. The show he did in my hometown of Pittsburgh at PNC Park may have been the best concert I had ever seen. Over 3 hours!!! Fuck, who does that? Reasonably priced too.
6th December 2006 09:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
robpop wrote:
I heard a rumor that Bruce and the E Street Band will be touring next year with a new album. Anybody else hear this? I missed him on his last solo tour, but and ESB tour is a sure not to miss.

Yes..towards the second half of the year it seems...I'll cut and paste the 'insider' post that was posted on the GreasyLake website indicating what are his future projected plans (the source of this stuff is usually very accurate)
6th December 2006 09:27 PM
Gazza here ya go :

Now that the most recent 'tour' has concluded, it looks like the following is in store for the next year and beyond:

1) Beginning sometime at the beginning of 2007, look for the beginning of a new ESB record to be recorded. As has been mentioned a number of times, the amount of material that has been written over the last year or so is quite extensive. Look for a number of ESB 'worthy' songs to be the focus of the recording session. If the recording meets with satisfaction;
2) Look for a new ESB tour to begin sometime during mid to fall 2007. Although illness has been overcome and hips have been replaced, look for this to be the last ESB tour. At present, this may go for approximately 18 months, at least;
3) Look for additional recorded material/videos to come to the market at regular intervals. Having learned from the D&D video recording catasrophe of the two shows in Boston during 10/2005, which have mercifully been scrapped, the content of the SSB concerts recently taped in Ireland will result in a concert DVD and CD;
4) Work on an additional Tracks/Outtakes compilation continues. This is being treated more as a hobby than an active project, but it will see the light sometime in the future;
5) After the next and last ESB Tour, look for additional CD(s) and tour(s) with at least some members of the SSB. During this last tour, a number of songs were written which have been determined to be perfect for this latest band. It is anticipated that at least some members of this band will form a core group which will be used to record and tour in the future.

During the SSB Tour, discussions concerning "the home stretch" took off. The priority was determined to be the ESB and the hope and desire is that in the breadth of work written during the D&D tour and the latest tour, that a core group of songs for the ESB to record and tour with exists and that this will become evident during the recording sessions in January 2007. Obviously, if what comes out in the recording sessions is not met with approval, this will throw off all of these plans. To note, members of the ESB have prepared both physically and with their schedules for this last ESB Tour.

Although these are the plans at present, what is interesting is the talk and planning for after the ESB. The desire to record and tour with another band, as well as another anticipated acoustic tour, are very likely. Looks like this forum will have a lot of activity to discuss for at least the next five years. Amazing what a new recording contract will do.

6th December 2006 09:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
No I have not heard that rumour. But that is one show I would give my left nut to see. I was'nt too crazy about the whole seeger session stuff, but I would love to see an E- Street band show.

The Seeger Sessions shows were the best gigs Ive been to all year. (I was at 5 of them). Especially the last 4 shows of the tour. Superb
6th December 2006 09:33 PM
robpop Thanks Gazza. Something to look foreward to.
6th December 2006 09:37 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Seeger Sessions shows were the best gigs Ive been to all year. (I was at 5 of them). Especially the last 4 shows of the tour. Superb

Mr Gazza speak the truth!!!! Although I am anxious to hear ESB one more time(or several), the SSB and Bruce will be around for a long, long time I hope!!
6th December 2006 10:28 PM
Dan Finally saw him for the first time at Dodger Stadium in 2003 and I would most definitely go again. Will take my mom and stepdad next time because I know they will dig it too.
6th December 2006 10:50 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:
here ya go :

2) look for this to be the last ESB tour.

Man, are there going to be any bands left to see.
6th December 2006 10:53 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Seeger Sessions shows were the best gigs Ive been to all year. (I think I was at 5 of them). Especially the last 4 shows of the tour. Superb

Yeah Gazza, the seeger session shows got a lot of critical accalaim, but were not very well received commerically,In the USA. I don't think they will hold a candle in the USA compared to a posssible ESB tour
6th December 2006 10:58 PM
Dan
quote:
robpop wrote:

Always. Just none who can fill arenas and stadiums which means rock music just might get a little better.
6th December 2006 11:56 PM
GotToRollMe This is definitely on my list of "must-see" shows. I'd love to see 'em one more time, at least. Great news!
7th December 2006 12:05 AM
glencar Another summit?
7th December 2006 03:09 AM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
Another summit?

I'm there
7th December 2006 05:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

Yeah Gazza, the seeger session shows got a lot of critical accalaim, but were not very well received commerically,In the USA. I don't think they will hold a candle in the USA compared to a posssible ESB tour

I doubt that the album or tour was expected to be as commercially a success as an ESB album or tour. Different style of music entirely and for an artist of that popularity, a huge chance to take artistically.

American audiences tend to be more conservative musically, I think. The album sold pretty well in Europe and the shows sold out in minutes. The four Irish shows at the end of the tour sold out in about twenty minutes (35,000 tickets)

Personally, I was amazed again at his versatility. It got to the stage where I was actually laughing out loud as to how good he was. Each of the last 3 tours (E Street band tour, solo tour and this one) were completely different and each brilliant in their own way. And hes hardly played a song on each of the last couple of tours from his best known albums either. For a guy of 57, to be on this kind of form and to have this much fire left at this stage is just unreal. The great thing was that his audiences remain enthusiastic. The new material went down a storm. The three Dublin shows were filmed for a DVD and the crowd and atmosphere at them was unreal. And they didnt have to hire any fake fans to make it look good, either

I've heard for a while that the next ESB tour will be the last one. Clarence is 65 next month and has had double hip replacement surgery and I cant see Bruce ever going on the road with that band and him NOT being a part of it. Seems like 2007 could well be the start of a long goodbye to both of the greatest live bands ever.

He did say at the Dublin and Belfast shows last month that there would be more shows with this current band, so the rumour above would seem to back it up that they are in his future plans. I did speak to Nils Lofgren a month ago and when I asked him about a new E Street Band tour, he said there were "no plans", but maybe he's just saying what he's been asked to say!

[Edited by Gazza]
7th December 2006 10:03 AM
Martha
quote:
robpop wrote:

No, so go while they are still touring.
7th December 2006 10:30 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

...I've heard for a while that the next ESB tour will be the last one. Clarence is 65 next month and has had double hip replacement surgery and I cant see Bruce ever going on the road with that band and him NOT being a part of it. Seems like 2007 could well be the start of a long goodbye to both of the greatest live bands ever...

Jesus. Now I know how my mom felt back in the 1960's-70's, when her favorite singers were growing old. Kinda hard to take...almost as hard as watching myself grow old! Where's that fountain of youth, dammit?!

7th December 2006 10:45 AM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

No, so go while they are still touring.

That's why I went to see the Who & Dylan this fall. They're gone soon.
7th December 2006 11:43 AM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's why I went to see the Who & Dylan this fall. They're gone soon.

One of my few sincere regrets is not going to see Nirvana.
7th December 2006 11:55 AM
Mel Belli What was the nature of the Devils and Dust live recording catastrophe?
7th December 2006 12:01 PM
ebmp I love Burce and I may never see him playing

Here in Brazil people hardly know him, which is a shame!
7th December 2006 12:16 PM
nanatod
quote:
Dan wrote:
One of my few sincere regrets is not going to see Nirvana.

Amen, brother.
7th December 2006 12:30 PM
glencar
quote:
ebmp wrote:
I love Burce and I may never see him playing

Here in Brazil people hardly know him, which is a shame!

Come to the USA next year!
7th December 2006 06:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
What was the nature of the Devils and Dust live recording catastrophe?

I dont know, but they did film both Boston shows in October 2005 and I guess there was some technical balls up that prevented them from being used

Hopefully there'll be no such problem with the trio of Dublin shows that were filmed
[Edited by Gazza]
7th December 2006 06:51 PM
glencar Devils & Dust? Was that after The Rising? I don't think I know it.
7th December 2006 06:56 PM
Gazza Yes..it was the album he brought out in April 2005

he did a solo tour after its release (playing about four or five different instruments etc)
7th December 2006 08:38 PM
ebmp
quote:
glencar wrote:
Come to the USA next year!

I really wanted to, but that's not likely to happen hehe

But seeing him in the US must be something else.

But I really wanted to go to a show like that Barcelona one, from the DVD. Man that crowd is amazing!
7th December 2006 09:26 PM
sweetcharmedlife Hey Gazza, just wondering. I had heard that Bruce was doing Johnny99 on the U.S. leg of the seeger sessions. Did he play it at any of the shows you saw? If so, how did it sound?. This song alone almost made me go see the ssb show. Interested in how it sounded with that format?
7th December 2006 09:46 PM
pdog If Bruce plays AC, I will make a big effort to go....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)