ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan European tour 2007 Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th December 2006 03:43 PM
paddy will know dates and post here after 6 o'clock tomorrow (Thursday)

apologies if already posted not been in here for a few days

cheers
6th December 2006 03:44 PM
Gazza Youre ok,..it hasnt been...

Got the same e-mail, paddy

We'll know within 24 hours. Great
6th December 2006 03:48 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Youre ok,..it hasnt been...

Got the same e-mail, paddy

We'll know within 24 hours. Great

Cool. When? We could have some beers together and have another RO gathering after the one in Nice .
6th December 2006 03:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Cool. When?

Like it says above, we'll get the info sometime after 6 pm tomorrow. Our source has been asked by the promoter not to release the details until then.
6th December 2006 04:02 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Like it says above, we'll get the info sometime after 6 pm tomorrow. Our source has been asked by the promoter not to release the details until then.

I know, just trying lol. You could email me lol.
6th December 2006 05:56 PM
Gazza well, as soon as Paddy or I know, it'll be on here. It'll be public knowledge everywhere in a day or two anyway.

Not sure if we'll know the details of the rest of the Euro dates however, but I would imagine they'll be known around the same time
6th December 2006 06:01 PM
Erik_Snow I look forward to Dylan, I hope there will be some "smaller" concerts too!
6th December 2006 07:33 PM
PeerQueer Dylan is incredible this tour!

Best show I saw in several months...

(and the best band I saw as well - sorry lads!)
6th December 2006 07:42 PM
glencar I saw Dylan myself a month back & sorry to say but he didn't come close to the Stones. Enjoyable but fairly straightforward.
6th December 2006 07:52 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw Dylan myself a month back & sorry to say but he didn't come close to the Stones. Enjoyable but fairly straightforward.

Eh? To each their own - or perhaps you caught him on an off night - though I hear those have been far and few between this tour.

I would agree that the Stones' best is superior to Dylan's best performance-wise. I just did not see the Stones at that level this time around, primarily due to Keith's lackluster showing. He has long been the lead for this band on stage (not Jagger, as some might think) and this tour he was downright weak. On the upside, Jagger continued to amaze, but he really does look silly at times, and they need an entirely new direction for thier live shows.

I could happily watch Dylan in his current form for another decade. I cannot say the same for the Stones.

Things must change, or they need to pack it in.
7th December 2006 05:23 AM
Gazza Here are the German dates, which have just been leaked :

04.04. Hamburg, Color Line Arena
05.04. Münster, Halle Münsterland
19.04. Düsseldorf, Philipshalle
20.04. Stuttgart, Porsche-Arena
21.04. Frankfurt, Jahrhunderthalle
30.04. Mannheim, SAP-Arena
02.05. Leipzig, Arena
03.05. Berlin, Max-Schmeling-Halle

[Edited by Gazza]
7th December 2006 05:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw Dylan myself a month back & sorry to say but he didn't come close to the Stones. Enjoyable but fairly straightforward.

Thats the idea. No bells and whistles. Reasonable enough that as someone who's primarily a Stones nut, you wouldnt see it the same way though, but what I do like about a Dylan show is that the songs are not going to sound the same from year to year, youre going to get an incredible variety of songs from his back catalogue, he'll play 'new' stuff and you wont get the same 'warhorses' all the time.

I like a Stones show just as much - but for different reasons. The unpredictablity of the content of a Dylan show is a huge part of the appeal for me.
7th December 2006 06:27 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Here are the German dates, which have just been leaked :

04.04. Hamburg, Color Line Arena
05.04. Münster, Halle Münsterland
19.04. Düsseldorf, Philipshalle
20.04. Stuttgart, Porsche-Arena
21.04. Frankfurt, Jahrhunderthalle
30.04. Mannheim, SAP-Arena
02.05. Leipzig, Arena
03.05. Berlin, Max-Schmeling-Halle

[Edited by Gazza]

Thanks Gazza,

I will go to Hamburg!!
7th December 2006 07:11 AM
Gazza you're welcome, Matthias

I heard they might be on sale as early as tomorrow, although I'm not quite sure about that
7th December 2006 10:13 AM
Martha Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Oh, I forgot, it is YOUR turn isn't it!

;-)
7th December 2006 10:38 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you're welcome, Matthias

I heard they might be on sale as early as tomorrow, although I'm not quite sure about that

Thanks again,

I´m working in a Ticketshop so I will see when the tix go on sale.
7th December 2006 10:43 AM
glencar The Who left out the bells & whistles too but I think I enjoyed their show a bit more than Dylan's. Yes Roger's voice is shot but the band was smokin' & Pete's attitude was cranky that night which I loved.
7th December 2006 11:59 AM
paddy Glasgow SECC, April 11
Newcastle Arena, April 12
Sheffield Arena, April 14
Wembley Arena, April 15
Birmingham National Indoor Arena, April 17
7th December 2006 01:05 PM
Gazza All Uk shows are all seated with ticket prices for all venues set at £37.50 and £32.50 for seats with lesser view
7th December 2006 01:09 PM
F505 Hopefully he will not forget my frog country!
7th December 2006 01:10 PM
glencar We could never forget France!

7th December 2006 01:16 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
All Uk shows are all seated with ticket prices for all venues set at £37.50 and £32.50 for seats with lesser view

The Stones could learn something from that.
7th December 2006 01:24 PM
Gazza The UK tour will be in the middle of the European tour that starts some time in March and ends May 5th. The European legs are still being finalised and there is no information regarding non-UK shows at present.
7th December 2006 01:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:

The Stones could learn something from that.

as they could from Dylan's management yet again securing a large slice of priority tickets for the hardcore fanbase who subscribe to any of the UK unofficial fanzines and newsletters. And doing so for free. None of this 'hotseat', multiple presale circle jerk, dishonesty over ticket release and allocation or 'paying $100 just to register' nonsense
7th December 2006 02:08 PM
shakedhandswithkeith Dylan Tickets for the german leg are on sale now

http://www.getgo.de/cgi-bin/tinfo.dll?fun=tdetaila&doc=detaila&key=207727&affiliate=gtn&DCMP=EMC-Ticketalarm2006g&attr=bobdylan4906g
7th December 2006 02:50 PM
paddy
quote:
F505 wrote:
Hopefully he will not forget my frog country!

PARIS 23RD APRIL
7th December 2006 02:50 PM
glencar I always thought Dylan despised the French?
7th December 2006 05:16 PM
Hannalee Do you think there's any chance of any additional UK shows, Gary? I might try for Birmingham, but am undecided. Damned if I'm going to Wembly Arena, anyway.
7th December 2006 05:40 PM
Gazza I dont think so. Theres not much of a 'window' there, as his UK tour ends on the 17th and hes back in Germany two days later. Unless he adds some between April 5th and 10th

I've heard there will be shows in Ireland, but they could be at the very start of the tour in late March - if not, those early April dates make sense. Have to say, I thought the UK would get more shows than just five and the original info suggested multiple shows in some cities.

Looks likely I'll be at Wembley. Most of the other UK dates dont really suit me, unfortunately
[Edited by Gazza]
7th December 2006 07:18 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
paddy wrote:

PARIS 23RD APRIL

Mercy beaucoup!
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)