ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woods homophobic rants at Rod Stewart Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th December 2006 09:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm probably a little late in getting involved with this, but I have to agree with so many others here about Ronnie’s comments not being homophobic. Everyone uses the word poof and I use that term ALL THE TIME. When used, it’s rarely ever meant as a direct dig at homosexuals. I've always used it when I've considered people to be a wimp etc. It’s similar to calling someone A Big Girls Blouse. It can be taken out of context of course and it certainly has in this case. Shame on the journalist.
7th December 2006 09:06 AM
WJ
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It’s similar to calling someone A Big Girls Blouse.

Huh? What? Do you ever call someone A Little Boys Pants?
7th December 2006 10:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
WJ wrote:

Huh? What? Do you ever call someone A Little Boys Pants?

No! You would'nt accuse a woman of being a bit like a little boy, would you?

What I meant is that when using the word "poof", it tends to mean someone who's being a bit of a woman, just like a big girls blouse.

They are old English sayings which have been around forever
7th December 2006 11:26 AM
Joey As we gather around the Christmas Tree
As Christ Shines upon you and me
itis not the gifts or gems we bear
but the nazarene who cometh there
We must always remeber that Christ is our King
the savior of man, is what he shall bring
and one day, not far away, we shall see him come
as the lords only son!!!!
7th December 2006 01:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Hah, this was a tripe little article simply intended to stir the FACES kettle a wee bit in order to get the juices flowin' for that tour that IS coming not too much longer now. The PR machine is getting cranked up and Rod n Ron will be hitting the road soon!<

The true driving force behind The faces is Ian McLagan. I can tell you, that after the conversation that I had with him about this very subject...there is no way in hell a Faces reunion tour ever takes place. At least not with Mac involved in it. And with no Mac or Ronnie Lane(RIP), it would just be a Rod solo tour with Woody and Jonesy in the band.

Yeah, it sucks. But if anyone is to blame for this it's Rod. If you can piss off Mac...you have acomplished an amazing feat.
7th December 2006 02:31 PM
texile he was right and i like that word..its funny but not offensive and TRUE....poof is a perfectly legitimate and acceptable derogatory term.
8th December 2006 09:34 PM
AlexKx Are you all COMPLEEEETLY unaware of the heavy hints of homo stuff that Rod and Ron and Mick and Keith all with one another have done over the decades? Where have you all been?! Ron's the one with Rod who forever and a half have done their hair (they would have each other's same hair styles) in some way "poofed up" that the lady's in this world would all follow in in the years to come! Come on! People! If anything Ron's trying to stir the pot for attention to raise interest in a Faces reunion because he has had serious chemical substance abuse problems forever and is concerned about his future and wants to do something not long after the Stones tour finishes...
[Edited by AlexKx]
8th December 2006 11:53 PM
CraigP In response to Alexkx. The only homo-erotic thing Keith ever said was "Always took candy from strangers." and I'm certain that I am taking it the wrong way completely. Being American, you can't help but think of him being victimized as a kid because of the sick society that we live in. You can't take your kids out for Haloween for kripes' sake.
[Edited by CraigP]
9th December 2006 03:53 AM
sirmoonie Telecaster?

9th December 2006 10:16 AM
robpop What about Little Bastard's homophobic rants about the Super Bowl and everything else?
[Edited by robpop]
9th December 2006 10:29 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
CraigP wrote:
... because of the sick society that we live in. You can't take your kids out for Haloween for kripes' sake.
[Edited by CraigP]

You should move.

9th December 2006 10:43 AM
AlexKx No kidding to LotsAJizz about what the other poster said about Halloween. With that said who is "Little Bastard"? What was said about the Super Bowl? Anyway. I don't even know where to begin with the ENDLESS homosexual stuff the Stones and Rod Stewart did in the early 1970's from the LOADS of girly close the ALL wore to the makeup to making out with guys STRONG rumors of gay sex (which of course doesn't mean any of it was true) and their behavior as performers on stage, in interviews, and then there is at least the clip of Mick licking Ron's face in some performance....please...even recently for the cover of their hardback book released during the "Licks World Tour Live! 2002-2003".
[Edited by AlexKx]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)