ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Bill Wyman!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© From "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is the STones show great, regardless of where you're sitting? Return to archive
December 9th, 2005 06:24 PM
Rolling Beatle I don't have tickets to a January show in Chicago yet, but I plan on trying to get some cheap ($60) seats with my Christmas money.

If the seats are on the side of the stage, or way in the back, is it still a great show?

I know I saw Paul McCartney at the same venue in October, way in the back, and it was still the greatest day of my life.
December 9th, 2005 07:08 PM
glencar The best show I saw was Hershey & I had my worst seats there.
December 9th, 2005 07:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The answer is YES

• Some places you can see the stones face to face, have eye contact and probably listen their amps instead of the PA

• Some places you can see them and watch the screen

• Some places you can see the band playing in a small stage with no lights, effects, no other things than a floor and they playing their instruments.

• Some places you can only see the big screen and the boyz as small as antz

But all places are great as long as you're in!

One of the shows I have enjoyed the most and the one I enjoyed the most during the Voodoo Lounge Tour was the last show at Foro Sol in 1995. They played four shows in one week there; I attended all, and for the fourth I couldn't get good tickets so I bought the cheapest tix on the stadium, and let me tell ya… it was a wild party, hot as hell, the best people was there, all knowing the songs, singing, drinking, smoking weed, etc etc soooo stone in their crude essence.
December 9th, 2005 07:57 PM
Some Guy I was sitting in my house and the show was great!
December 9th, 2005 08:04 PM
jb No...absent first 10 rows, or close to B stage, a snooze fest.
December 9th, 2005 09:28 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Although it was great being close to the Stones (fourth row Ottawa), I did find that you tend to be oblivious to what else is going on onstage (ie. you tend to focus on one particular aspect of what is going on be it concentrating on Mick, Keith or Ronnie at any given time). I found that I missed alot esp. the b-stage when it was at the other end of the stadium. However, it was amazing having Keith play the solo to JJF twenty feet in front of me.

I would have to say, seat-wise, Montreal in 1998 was the best (over on Ronnie's side about 20 feet up and 50 feet from the stage). It gave me an opportunity to see all aspects of the show as well as the ability to focus on any given individual at any given time.

Hopefully, my seats for Jan. 10's show in Montreal will be a repeat of '98. But again, it's the Stones so as long as you are in the building that's all that matters.
December 9th, 2005 09:37 PM
jb Montreal is not even close to selling out...a real disappointment for the Cohl family....
December 9th, 2005 09:39 PM
glencar Joshy, what '06 US shows have sold out?
December 10th, 2005 01:54 AM
CHIEFMOON Been in front rows more than once as well as the topmost nosebleed about the same amount.
Been in the "press pit" and "listening in the parking lot" (stadiums).
Been backstage as well as in custody on the premises.

Also a large number of seats in all conceivable spots, FOS, Balconies and "side seating".
Obstructed view and from toucnhing range, seated and packed SRO.

When it comes right down to it, if you heard it: that's what counts...
December 11th, 2005 12:22 AM
PeerQueer I would have to say if you can score close to the B-Stage that can prove the best bang for buck opportunity. Even the first 10 rows are a ways back from the stage - if you are right next to the B-stage you can literally reach out and smack a Stones hand now and again if they are willing. (well, the catwalk area anyways)

I have done row 3, 7, 12, and had a great time.

I have done right up against the B-stage and for that set of songs, had the greatest concert moment ever. Had direct eye contact with Mick, Keith , and Ronnie. Got a laugh once when I yelled out to Mick "God Gave Me Everything - the Stones baby!" (ok - a little lame, but hey, Mick looked right down at me and gave a good laugh, looked over at Ronnie, and back down at me and pointed - twice, then laughed again and said something that looked like "Yeah!".

That was very very cool.

December 11th, 2005 12:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, what '06 US shows have sold out?

all are wide open, MSG will have tickets released and United Center shows are a few thousand short of a sellout. Houses will be papered full, but a true miscalculation on the part of Michael Cohl...young Jake should have been consulted.

This last tour I have been basically either on stage or in the first ten rows (aside from Fenway 2), and it makes a world of difference being in the front sections. My advise is to budget accordingly and spend the 350-1800 it takes to be up front as it is worth it. there also is the chance of the elusive 95 dollar front section tickets.
December 11th, 2005 01:35 AM
glencar I had much better seats for the Licks tour. Except for dreaded Boston. What a dump!
December 11th, 2005 01:57 AM
gorda I think that it depends on the people around you, too! Like if the people around you are excited and dancing, screaming, and singing along, then it's cool! Because there's all this energy going around and you get all into it, too!

But, if the people around you are telling you to sit down, and no one is really into it. And, everyone is just there, sitting or walking around, then it sucks, because even if you're excited and want to stand up and scream, you feel stupid, standing there alone screaming. So, then you just sit down, and it just sucks.
December 11th, 2005 08:48 AM
Jumping Jack If the highlight of your life has been seeing Macca, watching the Stones from the mens room would be an improvement in highlights. Just get in the building and work your way closer.

Stand in the isle next to the guys with the $5k broker tix in the front rows. They are true fans and won't mind!
December 11th, 2005 10:07 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
I had much better seats for the Licks tour. Except for dreaded Boston. What a dump!

don't worry...I'm sure the feeling is mutual
December 11th, 2005 11:57 AM
gorda
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
If the highlight of your life has been seeing Macca, watching the Stones from the mens room would be an improvement in highlights. Just get in the building and work your way closer.

Stand in the isle next to the guys with the $5k broker tix in the front rows. They are true fans and won't mind!

I tried that, and it didn't work. The security guy sent me back to my seat.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)