ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Bill Wyman!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© From "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Driving Too Fast is the Best Song On ABB Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 9th, 2005 01:51 PM
speedfreakjive I challenge you to disagree
December 9th, 2005 01:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I challenge you to disagree

I think it is one of the best couple of songs, great guitar work on it...but my personal pick for best show is "Let Me Down Slow" just do to the outstanding vocal work as well as the mastery of keith and Ronnie not just playing the chords but "playing around the chord" they little run that is played after the third chorus i beleive is a fine example of that. I also wonder if Driving to Fast isnt given proper consideration as it is at the end of the disc and I know when it comes to studio albums, being as most of my listening is done in the car and I typically only drive short distances that I will start at the beginning of the disk more times than not and hardly get to the gems past the middle of the disc.

Excellent topic of discussion though!
December 9th, 2005 02:03 PM
glencar Actually it's the most pedestrian song of the Mick vocals. I usually stop playing the CD when Look What The Cat Dragged In ends.
December 9th, 2005 02:18 PM
Bruno Stone I´ll say it again: that bit ``out of your brain, out of your mind``, along with the chords change, is one of the best moments in the record. And there are good guitars in it, especially near the end.
December 9th, 2005 02:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

theres a dozen songs on Bang that flat out SUCK.

Fast is one of them.
December 9th, 2005 02:23 PM
glencar Do any songs by taht lesser band "flat out suck" or are you just hanging around on the wrong board?
December 9th, 2005 02:28 PM
Saint Sway Glencar,
all bands have songs that suck. Try not to take it so hard.

December 9th, 2005 02:31 PM
glencar I agree; now name some. Surely that piece of crap "Remedy" will be on your list. I hate that fecking song!
December 9th, 2005 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree; now name some. Surely that piece of crap "Remedy" will be on your list. I hate that fecking song!

this is getting funny!

December 9th, 2005 02:34 PM
glencar Is that Steelie?
December 9th, 2005 02:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree; now name some. Surely that piece of crap "Remedy" will be on your list. I hate that fecking song!

So you hate Remedy but you love Driving Too Fast and Rain Fall Down and Look What The Cat Dragged In.

thats cool.

some folks like Zep. Some folks like Gwen Stefani and Blink 182.

different tastes for different folks

no need to get all upset over me thinking some of the songs on Bang blow goats. After all, you didnt write them.

its friday, do what makes you happy. Kick back, pour yourself a Fresca and sing along with your kids to Rain Fall Down.

I'm gonna go home and roll a fatty and crank Southern Harmony and Sticky Fingers.

its all the same really.
December 9th, 2005 02:56 PM
glencar Where in the hell did you get the idea that I liked the car song? See above...

quote:
glencar wrote:
Actually it's the most pedestrian song of the Mick vocals. I usually stop playing the CD when Look What The Cat Dragged In ends.

December 9th, 2005 02:56 PM
glencar And I don't drink Fresca. I don't like ANY clear sodas.
December 9th, 2005 03:06 PM
lotsajizz the best lyrics on the album and Mick's best vocal performance on ABB
December 9th, 2005 04:03 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

So you hate Remedy but you love Driving Too Fast and Rain Fall Down and Look What The Cat Dragged In.

thats cool.

some folks like Zep. Some folks like Gwen Stefani and Blink 182.

different tastes for different folks

no need to get all upset over me thinking some of the songs on Bang blow goats. After all, you didnt write them.

its friday, do what makes you happy. Kick back, pour yourself a Fresca and sing along with your kids to Rain Fall Down.

I'm gonna go home and roll a fatty and crank Southern Harmony and Sticky Fingers.

its all the same really.

HAHAHA i prefer the 2nd choice
December 9th, 2005 04:48 PM
the good
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the best lyrics on the album and Mick's best vocal performance on ABB

Yeah, I like it to. But my favorite is Dangerous Beauty. Brilliant Stones song.
December 9th, 2005 05:22 PM
tumbling dice Great riffs ,very Keith.A good song to hear in the car,on the road...
December 9th, 2005 08:23 PM
Soldatti I really like DTF.
December 9th, 2005 09:21 PM
glencar Sub-par, people, sub-par...
December 9th, 2005 10:00 PM
CraigP I must agree that Driving Too Fast is much better than Remedy. Remedy is a weak, wanna-be comeback song for a pre-maturely tired band.
[Edited by CraigP]
December 9th, 2005 10:14 PM
glencar Brilliant!
December 10th, 2005 09:07 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff I'm absolutely agree with Speed F J, I'd always think that Driving Too Fast is one of the Best Song On ABB, I already loves the smell of rock'n'roll that the song expand ...
Maybe reminds to me MEAN DISPOSITION that was on V Lounge...was cool but semeed to be the last song for close the album.
December 10th, 2005 11:20 AM
Scottfree
quote:
glencar wrote:
And I don't drink Fresca. I don't like ANY clear sodas.

Fresca actually isn't clear, it's more semen colored then anything...Probably why its alter ego is called Squirt....
[Edited by Scottfree]
December 10th, 2005 11:22 AM
Scottfree
quote:
the good wrote:

Yeah, I like it to. But my favorite is Dangerous Beauty. Brilliant Stones song.

Dangerous Beauty's little solo run but Keith is fucking brilliant....I wish there were more moments like that....
December 10th, 2005 12:10 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

It's not even a good Tom Petty song. Sounds like a pisspoor Heartbreaker song.
December 10th, 2005 12:34 PM
glencar
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

It's not even a good Tom Petty song. Sounds like a pisspoor Heartbreaker song.

LOL Running Down A Dream?
December 10th, 2005 06:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Dangerous Beauty's little solo run but Keith is fucking brilliant....I wish there were more moments like that....

Agreed, a great Keith moment there.
December 11th, 2005 01:26 PM
speedfreakjive To contradict myself, the best songs on ABB are DB and DTF. There equally as good as eachother, I especially like the lyrics on DTF cos they're a sort of comment on the haphazard nature of life IMHO.
December 11th, 2005 02:18 PM
glencar I agree about Dangerous Beauty being one of the best but DTF simply isn't up to par.
December 11th, 2005 02:22 PM
Some Guy I misplaced ABB, can't find it and I don't care.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)