ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Bill Wyman!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© From "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header Pic: Shocking! Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 9th, 2005 04:12 PM
SheRat colite isn't even in Wikipedia.

[insert pouting emoticon here]

December 9th, 2005 04:20 PM
telecaster Where is Katie Couric?
December 9th, 2005 04:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Where is Katie Couric?

December 9th, 2005 05:23 PM
jostorm 1) Mick seems to have an awful dandruff problem ...
2) Mick's facial expression is very apropriate for this thread, it's the face of someone having an unlubricated colonoscope shoved up his bottom without warning...
3) Sherat: do some also say how many pounds of crap the average American carries around in his skull??? (pun not intended)!
4) Hope all goes well with your colonoscopy!
December 9th, 2005 06:39 PM
SheRat
quote:
jostorm wrote:
3) Sherat: do some also say how many pounds of crap the average American carries around in his skull??? (pun not intended)!

Well, the average brain weighs about 3 lbs. Since "they" say that "we" only use 10% of our brains, let's say the average American only uses 8%.

That would mean that roughly 2.76 lbs of the average American brain is crap.

[Edited by SheRat]
December 9th, 2005 06:50 PM
glencar SheRat, I also had a colonoscopy after that. I wasn't able to drink that colite stuff (aka "go-lightly") so they had to clear me out first. While this stuff is somewhat gross, it's good that we're helping Max deal with his upcoming procedure.
December 9th, 2005 07:03 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
SheRat, I also had a colonoscopy after that. I wasn't able to drink that colite stuff (aka "go-lightly") so they had to clear me out first. While this stuff is somewhat gross, it's good that we're helping Max deal with his upcoming procedure.

I believe so.

I am a firm believer in breaking such repressive and unhealthy taboos.

Is the brand name for colite "go-lightly"? I am interested in the ingredients. I guess you'd have to stay home the day before the colonoscopy.

If it's so gross, how come you got away with not drinking it, but it seems like everyone else tolerated it?

[Edited by SheRat]
December 9th, 2005 07:07 PM
glencar I think mine was unflavored & I did drink about a quart of it & then I just couldn't do it anymore. I called a nurse I know & was told just don't worry about it. You can't eat for at least 12 hours(probably more) before the operation & there's no going anywhere. I remember after the operation I couldn't drive myself but I just needed a ride as opposed to an ambulance.
December 9th, 2005 07:55 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I will be 40 this July.

Thanks for that, I feel much better.

When the doctor plunges deep into my colon, I'll think of you.

Maxy.

If he puts a hand on your back during the exam it's ok. If he has 2 hands on your back...
December 9th, 2005 08:40 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Are they also going to check anything else while you are having
this colonoscopy? Hope everything turns out well and healthy.
December 9th, 2005 08:42 PM
jb
quote:
WhenTheWhipComesDown wrote:
Are they also going to check anything else while you are having
this colonoscopy? Hope everything turns out well and healthy.

Maybe his sac?
December 9th, 2005 10:22 PM
gypsy
quote:
SheRat wrote:
I am probably the only female who read this who thought it was interesting.

I am now going to go find out what colite is made of.

glencar, you basically had colonic irrigation. Some say that the average American carries about 10 lbs of crap (pun intended) around in their lower intestines.

So, Maxy, after you drink the colite, maybe you'll weigh even less!

I find it interesting as well, since it is part of my job. glencar must have had a Barium Enema, followed by an Upper GI.

December 9th, 2005 10:28 PM
glencar Yes! That was it! Plus some snaky thing went into my intestine.
December 9th, 2005 11:35 PM
Riffhard I just wanted to say hello to everyone,and that I find this thread gross. I will still be thinking of you Macky! I'm sure you'll be fine,and will no doubt have the hottest nurse on the floor performing the,uh,...mmmm,...rootering for you. You should call ahead of time and specify blond,brunett,red head,asian,etc. I would also suggest a fine bottle of wine and some scented candles.

I'm 42 does that mean that I need this procedure? Please say no.

Riffy
December 9th, 2005 11:43 PM
glencar Your time is coming, grasshopper!
December 10th, 2005 07:35 AM
jostorm Well, I can only say that this thread made me realise there is a God after all......
Us girls have to master the art of swallowing semen, unless you are a lesbian or specifically prefer to belong to the group called "spitters" , and most of us are used to the odd gagging feeling, and as to the taste, what can I say????......I guess it depends on the diet of the male and all sorts of different metabolic factors, the taste is never uniform, but let's say that I would never go into an ice-cream parlour and excitedly exclaim "Three scoops of cum flavour, please!" So, if boys have to drink yucky contrast medium, is that God's way of adressing the imbalance???

On a more serious note: yes, all those contrast media and the substances to empty your small and large intestine taste like absolute shite, but there is always the possibility of having a thin, soft nasogastric tube put in through your nose, which you have to actively swallow and which goes straight past any taste-sensitive structures, so they could squirt in the stuff through the tube without causing any nauseous feeling..... Not a very pleasant sensation, I had it done before an appendectomy, but personally I'd prefer it to drinking that stuff....But perhaps that's only an option in Europe, as in America there is this constant worry by medics about litigation????
December 10th, 2005 07:58 AM
IanBillen [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
I am having a colonoscopy, dear friend.

For a few weeks I've had watery, dark stool and a terrible noise coming from my abdomen. At times, I can hear liquid trickling down into what must be a puddle of bile. WTF???

I have lost 27 pounds and I'm starting to look like my old self again.

It would be just my luck to look great for the coffin!

I've always considered you a friend, Josh. Just know that. Unlike that scumbag you hang around with here. I used to love our Saturday morning AOL chats...

All my best,

Maxy.

Maxy,

Watery Dark stool does not mean cancer or growths. It coulld be a number of things from a virus to diet, allergies, etc. Good move by getting yourself checked out though.

Even if it is cancer. Cancer is by no means a death sentence these days. The success rate has been going up and up with cancer detections in the past 10 years.

Do not worry over anything that hasn't been said yet. Go to your Doc and see what it may be. I worked at a hospital for 10 years. So I seen it all. It is not always cancer guy. and when it is it is not always the worst. My buddy was having problems a few montha ago and now it is gone. It was a small tear that healed on it's own. Just go do what you gotta do. If. I say IF very strongly it points to something or is not resolved get to a good doctor that knows his stuff on these issues.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
December 10th, 2005 09:48 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Some say that the average American carries about 10 lbs of crap (pun intended) around in their lower intestines.

So, Maxy, after you drink the colite, maybe you'll weigh even less!

Elvis had thirty pounds of shit in him at autopsy

OUCH

OK now

Cazart!!!
December 10th, 2005 11:17 AM
Scottfree Now this is postin...Perhaps the most informative thread in sometime.....Bless you all...
December 10th, 2005 12:33 PM
glencar ...and bless our colons!
December 11th, 2005 10:47 AM
stoneman I prefer the old school term "sploch"
December 11th, 2005 02:22 PM
glencar Sploch?
December 11th, 2005 03:47 PM
chris girard I had it done two weeks ago, I scheduled it for a Moonday, spent all day Sunday evening in the toilet, got a lot of reading done. This is the 2nd time for me,so I knew what to excpect, they knock you out and you wake up about an hour later and don't know what happened. You are a little spacy for awhile,someone has to drive you, we went to breakfast then I went home and fell asleep on the sofa. I don't have to go back for 10 years. The last time they found a few spots which they removed. Good luck.....
December 11th, 2005 04:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Well, I can only say that this thread made me realise there is a God after all......
Us girls have to master the art of swallowing semen,

you DO? I didnt realise swallowing was compulsory...Christ, imagine being the teacher in THAT class. I've missed my calling in life....

This is the funniest fuckin' thread I've read on here in ages...
December 12th, 2005 02:10 AM
stonesgirl101 Wow! What a thread! Gross? Maybe a little but,
hey!, as a professional nurse all I can say is
it's TRUE! SHIT HAPPENS!

Spelling is everything when it comes to meds.
Here's some info. for the thread:

Some commonly used brand names are:

In the U.S.?

Co-Lav
Colovage
Colyte
Colyte-flavored
Colyte with Flavor Packs
Go-Evac
GoLYTELY
NuLYTELY
NuLYTELY, Cherry Flavor
OCL
In Canada?

Colyte
GoLYTELY
Klean-Prep
Peglyte
PEG-3350 & Electrolytes
The polyethylene glycol (pol-ee-ETH-i-leen GLYE-col) (PEG) and electrolytes solution is used to clean the colon (large bowel or lower intestine) before certain tests or surgery of the colon. The PEG-electrolyte solution is usually taken by mouth. However, sometimes it is given in the hospital through a nasogastric tube (a tube inserted through the nose).

What is polyethylene glycol?

PEG is a solution that stays within the intestinal tract. It is not absorbed. It acts to keep fluid in the gut, thereby flushing and cleansing it. The solution is primarily sodium sulfate which acts to keep the sodium from being absorbed. Therefore, people on sodium restricted diets can use this product.

What is it used for?

PEG is used to cleanse the lower GI tract prior to colonoscopy (an endoscopic exam of the colon) and barium enema. It has also been used in modified form for severe, hard to manage constipation and, in children, when excessive iron medicine overdose has occurred.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 12th, 2005 10:38 AM
nankerphelge This isn't new to you, is it Ms. Couric?

December 12th, 2005 10:40 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
This isn't new to you, is it Ms. Couric?

Nanky ?!?!

December 12th, 2005 02:13 PM
nankerphelge Joey?!?

December 12th, 2005 03:05 PM
Joey [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?!?

Nanky ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
December 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
jostorm Dear Gazza: Not entirely sure what it's like in Northern Ireland, but here in England girls are divided into two different t-shirt groups, the ones that read "spitters" and the ones that read "swallowers". I don't think you HAVE to master the art, but I guess if you expect reciprocity in sex, then you may as well....
However, and as far as I'm aware of, I don't think that fellatio is part of the english national school curriculum. Yet. Is it different in Northern Ireland?????

PS: if I'd known about the totally surreal threads on this board any earlier, I would have fled the climate of political correctness and mindless censorship on IORR years ago!.....

PPS:
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)