ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Bill Wyman!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© From "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Japanese Dates Confirmed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 8th, 2005 12:59 PM
nankerphelge Charlie needs nanky's 3-step program to wellness:

December 8th, 2005 01:01 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Charlie needs nanky's 3-step program to wellness:

December 8th, 2005 01:03 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

December 8th, 2005 01:05 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!?!

December 8th, 2005 01:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

A return is only imminent if more $$$ is needed to meet guarantee and overcome huge deficit to U2.

for years we have been humiliated by Michael Cohl due to his association with U2 and his desire to make U2 more profitable. Thankfully, Young Jake seems to have things pointed in the right direction. Sadly, many secondary markets have been pushed aside as they are no longer stones towns:

Cleveland
Indianapolis
New Orleans (pre Katrina of course)
jacsonville
Peoria
Champaign
Kansas City
Hampton Roads
Pontiac
Ames, IA

etc.

Thankfully fans in those regions who do not have the means to drive 8 hours and watch their father enjoy breakfast burritos have the innovative Virtual Ticket offered by Young Jake.
December 8th, 2005 01:25 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

for years we have been humiliated by Michael Cohl due to his association with U2 and his desire to make U2 more profitable. Thankfully, Young Jake seems to have things pointed in the right direction. Sadly, many secondary markets have been pushed aside as they are no longer stones towns:

Cleveland
Indianapolis
New Orleans (pre Katrina of course)
jacsonville
Peoria
Champaign
Kansas City
Hampton Roads
Pontiac
Ames, IA

etc.

Thankfully fans in those regions who do not have the means to drive 8 hours and watch their father enjoy breakfast burritos have the innovative Virtual Ticket offered by Young Jake.

Correct again Pug....but thankfully, young Jake Cohl has really worked hard to "move" these tickets and the fan club merchandise(just ordered xx-l 1975 Denim Tour Jacket) is fantastic!!! Thanks again Jake!!!
December 8th, 2005 01:50 PM
Dan Pontiac and Detroit are pretty much the same market.

Some of these markets you listed are quite soft for all concerts so they wouldn't accept $350-450 tickets quite so easily.

I can easily see them doing just a Canadian arena tour in the fall followed by more dates in strong STones markets like L.A., NYC etc with a few gigs in areas skipped this time around and perhaps Hawaii and even more South American shows.
December 8th, 2005 02:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
Pontiac and Detroit are pretty much the same market.

Some of these markets you listed are quite soft for all concerts so they wouldn't accept $350-450 tickets quite so easily.

I can easily see them doing just a Canadian arena tour in the fall followed by more dates in strong STones markets like L.A., NYC etc with a few gigs in areas skipped this time around and perhaps Hawaii and even more South American shows.

Pontiac is the same market as detroit, but the point is that they can no longer sell out a facility that size. Ford Field was full of hand out tickets and was very heavily papered. Both peninsulas of MIchigan were humiliated!

U2 can perform in those markets I am sure and sell out many shows. The sad facts seem to be that the true stones fans (us) are decreasing in numbers. Recently on the boards there have been many diehard fans who have decided not to spend anymore money, no matter how hard Jake Cohl works to make this all possible for us, true stones fans, to enjoy.

Sadly, the era may be coming to an end. I am glad I have traveled to multiple shows this tour and shall enjoy the rest of my shows this tour.
December 8th, 2005 02:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Did Mexico and South America sell out? I know many here were begging for shows as the South Americans and our friends in Mexico are the greatest fans...how many sell outs and how many 2nd show add-on's?
[Edited by jb]

Yes Josh, both countries are already sold out, Mexico City sold more then 44,000 tickets before public sales, that means approximately $5.1 million USD for a total of $6.3 million USD per show. Ticket prices in Mexico were from $25 to $360 USD.

In both cases there a few tickets intentionally left to beat ticket scalpers.

December 8th, 2005 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Yes Josh, both countries are already sold out, Mexico City sold more then 44,000 tickets before public sales, that means approximately $5.1 million USD for a total of $6.3 million USD per show. Ticket prices in Mexico were from $25 to $360 USD.

In both cases there a few tickets intentionally left to beat ticket scalpers.

Thank you Voodoo.....we still have a chance to beat U2!!!!
December 8th, 2005 02:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Thank you Voodoo.....we still have a chance to beat U2!!!!

first glance tells me to wonder why the $25 ticket prices, but we must support young Jake in his endeavors. South America and Mexico could save our numbers. I would have a tough time continuing to perform with my band knowing the U2 has generated more income!
December 8th, 2005 02:46 PM
Dan I guess the thing most humiliating to a so called "true fan" (howe exactly is that defined?) is that the Stones never really cared about us to begin with and indeed are likely to be very apprehensive about catering to us at all to begin with.

So Detroit is a soft market. Seems more like a smart market as many people cannot see the cash/value ratio for a $450 stadium show.

Very little of the money I spent went to the Stones directly this time. Wonder what kind of fan that makes me?
December 8th, 2005 02:48 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
first glance tells me to wonder why the $25 ticket prices, but we must support young Jake in his endeavors. South America and Mexico could save our numbers. I would have a tough time continuing to perform with my band knowing the U2 has generated more income!

Interesting perspective considering the Cohls are working for both U2 and the Stones and their job is to make the maxmimum amount of income for each band. Not sure why you insist on framing it as a competition as I doubt either band sees is that way. As a matter of fact I am sure there are people who can actually afford to go see both bands.
December 8th, 2005 02:53 PM
justforyou I recall some 15 years ago, when there was 1 kind of ticket and a mad scramble to get in front of the stage when the stadium gates opened.

What's the average age of the Stones concert go'er today ?
December 8th, 2005 03:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Interesting perspective considering the Cohls are working for both U2 and the Stones and their job is to make the maxmimum amount of income for each band. Not sure why you insist on framing it as a competition as I doubt either band sees is that way. As a matter of fact I am sure there are people who can actually afford to go see both bands.

I did attend both bands shows this year (so far 5 stones shows and .78 U2 shows, as we left early, disgusted by the entire atmosphere).

Michael Cohl seems to have set a personal goal of managing the worlds greatest bands twice (U2 and the Stones). Thankfully, with Young Jake in charge of the website and many behind the scenes activity, the Stones may win out, albiet barely. We (die hard fans) must not accept a run at us from U2!
December 8th, 2005 03:04 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I did attend both bands shows this year (so far 5 stones shows and .78 U2 shows, as we left early, disgusted by the entire atmosphere).

Michael Cohl seems to have set a personal goal of managing the worlds greatest bands twice (U2 and the Stones). Thankfully, with Young Jake in charge of the website and many behind the scenes activity, the Stones may win out, albiet barely. We (die hard fans) must not accept a run at us from U2!

U2 are cock suckers!!!! They appeal to people who have no concept of what rock music is....their techno-crap 80's sound is as interesting as Dick Chainey's bowel movements. Yet, to to masses, this is the "real deal"..a voice for a generation of losers and "we are the world" followers.
The Edge doesn't play guitar, he plays computer..(see 60 minute special and how he achieves sound), Bass player sucks, Drummer O.K., but also more tech than tempo, and twat Bono moves like Elvis straining stool circa 77.

[Edited by jb]
December 8th, 2005 03:07 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
justforyou wrote:
I recall some 15 years ago, when there was 1 kind of ticket and a mad scramble to get in front of the stage when the stadium gates opened.

Cincinatti?

The Who?

Those days are over....
December 8th, 2005 03:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

first glance tells me to wonder why the $25 ticket prices

That's the smallest portion of tickets, see this map, they are the "blue" tickets

December 8th, 2005 03:18 PM
jb So total attendance for 1 show will be 50K? In other words,it sold out, but they curtained off the other 50k seats?
December 8th, 2005 03:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The actual capacity of the venue es 58,000 but they sell only 55,000 other tickets are for special guests, promotions, radio stations and the promotors as well.
December 8th, 2005 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
The actual capacity of the venue es 58,000 but they sell only 55,000 other tickets are for special guests, promotions, radio stations and the promotors as well.

Young Jake Strikes again! Brilliant!!!!!
December 8th, 2005 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
The actual capacity of the venue es 58,000 but they sell only 55,000 other tickets are for special guests, promotions, radio stations and the promotors as well.

Oh!!! Why did I think it was a 100k seat stadium? I was confused or is the stage cutting back the additional 42k seats?
December 8th, 2005 03:34 PM
voodoopug you have been humiliated...surely you must know the capacity of the major stadiums on the tour agenda....Young Jake will never turn to you for legal advise (although, I am not sure you are as afluent in Canadian law as you are domestic law) unless you prove to be more knowledgeable. Your numbers for Memphis, predictions for Ford Field, Vegas, and Philly 2 were correct, now you must act on an international playing field.
December 8th, 2005 03:41 PM
Dan I saw the figures for Philly 2. Sold out with an average ticket price of almost $200.

When I can separate the extreme leftist politics from the music, U2 is a fine band. Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree are already classics. One of the best stadium shows I ever saw was U2 at Dodger Stadium in 1992. They also strive to make an emotional connection with the audience and often succeed which is why the fans keep coming back.

In spite of your vile description of them, I am sure U2 appreciates your obsession. Negative comments coming from such a prominent member of the community is just as good as paid advertising.
December 8th, 2005 03:44 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
you have been humiliated...surely you must know the capacity of the major stadiums on the tour agenda....Young Jake will never turn to you for legal advise (although, I am not sure you are as afluent in Canadian law as you are domestic law) unless you prove to be more knowledgeable. Your numbers for Memphis, predictions for Ford Field, Vegas, and Philly 2 were correct, now you must act on an international playing field.

The Aztec Stadium holds 100k!!!! And you don't need to stay in a hotel 95 miles outside of Mexico City to save money!!!
[Edited by jb]
December 8th, 2005 03:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

Oh!!! Why did I think it was a 100k seat stadium? I was confused or is the stage cutting back the additional 42k seats?

Originally the intended venue was Estadio Azteca for 120,000 seats plus field (seated too but don't know how many more they are) but was changed to the same venue the Stones have played the last 6 times and is only 58K
December 8th, 2005 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
you have been humiliated...surely you must know the capacity of the major stadiums on the tour agenda....Young Jake will never turn to you for legal advise (although, I am not sure you are as afluent in Canadian law as you are domestic law) unless you prove to be more knowledgeable. Your numbers for Memphis, predictions for Ford Field, Vegas, and Philly 2 were correct, now you must act on an international playing field.

December 8th, 2005 03:51 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Joey..this was one of the greatest war TACTICIANS EVER!!!!!!
December 8th, 2005 03:55 PM
lotsajizz his ouevre was more the operational level rather than tactical (or strategic for that matter)....the point remains, however, a military genius
December 8th, 2005 03:57 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
his ouevre was more the operational level rather than tactical (or strategic for that matter)....the point remains, however, a military genius

The Cane's blew it big time..losing to Georgia Tech....Never would happen with real Caner players at the Orange Bowl...this
is a weak team and a weak coach who must be fired!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)