ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Bill Wyman!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© From "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Japanese Dates Confirmed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 8th, 2005 10:13 AM
Gazza Thanks to Toru and drbryant for the info and translations :

Official announcement in next week or so, but the dates will be :

March 22,24 Tokyo - Dome
28 Sapporo- Dome
30 Sendai - Grande 21

April 5 Nagoya - Dome

Expect at least a couple more shows in that 2 week tour

I would expect the Australia shows will be immediately after Nagoya
December 8th, 2005 10:15 AM
GimmeExile It's nice to see the Stones playing more shows in Japan.

Some of the best Stones boots come from Japanese shows!

So, I guess this means the U.S. leg really does end on March 12 in Florida...What happened to the MSG show rumored for March 14?
December 8th, 2005 10:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
It's nice to see the Stones playing more shows in Japan.

So, I guess this means the U.S. leg really does end on March 12 in Florida...What happened to the MSG show rumored for March 14?

Sadly, Young Jake has realized that we (true stones fans) are a dwindling number, as evident by the many on this board who have proclaimed they shall not attend another show. The only logical move was to end the US tour as fast as possible without adding dates. THe concert is in the black now and they shall prepare to play for significantly less money as the rest of the world does not see fit to pay the stones the same amount that the US Fans and Canadian fans do. Sadly, with the US fan base dwindling, it will be nearly impossible to tour Europe/Asia again after the ABB tour....it will not be profitable!
December 8th, 2005 10:21 AM
Joey " Some of the best Stones boots come from Japanese shows!"

Amen . Toyko '90 has the BEST live version of " Almost Hear You Sigh " that I have ever heard .

What about China ?!?! .... Thailand ?!?! .... Vietnam ?!?!!

...any shows in those countries ?!?!

J.
December 8th, 2005 10:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
It's nice to see the Stones playing more shows in Japan.

So, I guess this means the U.S. leg really does end on March 12 in Florida...

from the whispers I've been hearing, you might want to save your pennies for later in 2006...
December 8th, 2005 10:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
as the rest of the world does not see fit to pay the stones the same amount that the US Fans and Canadian fans do.

Here we paid $360 USD for each ticket so it's not too far in price as the USA / Canada
December 8th, 2005 10:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Joey wrote:

J.

Dont think British Musicians are too popular in Vietnam at te moment

December 8th, 2005 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Here we paid $360 USD for each ticket so it's not too far in price as the USA / Canada

for top ticket price yes....but please refer to the lowest ticket price and the amount of those tickets.

When i speak of (we), i certainly include you Voodoo and seeing that Mexico City is willing to pony up some big bucks, i can be persuaded to change from US/Canada to "North America"
December 8th, 2005 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

from the whispers I've been hearing, you might want to save your pennies for later in 2006...

I have heard that too....and it did come true once (No Security)....Gazza, I would love for you to travel to a Sept Chicago show. I will buy you a Chicago Style Pizza, Chicago Style Hot Dog, Old Style Beer, and a beef sandwich.
December 8th, 2005 11:01 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I can "second" those whispers.
Sorta like NS...
December 8th, 2005 11:13 AM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Dont think British Musicians are too popular in Vietnam at te ( sic ) moment

Funny ... Good Postin' there .........

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Sassy !

[Edited by Joey]
December 8th, 2005 11:41 AM
jb It was a Dolce and Gabbana cashmere sweater....I bought a $8.00 "shaver" to remove the little fur balls that form on sweaters, and moronically, decided to test it on one of my more expensive sweaters..I pressed down to hard, and it looked like someone used an idustrial hole puncher on it...I became so angry, I ripped it to shreads, jumped in the pool, and threatened to hit myself with a hard object. My wife, startled by the noise, stated "I can't handle this while I'm pregnant"..she further stated that is was totally inappropriate behavior at anytime, and that to test this new "toy" on an expensive sweater was very poor judgment. I am very upset at the loss of the sweater, upsetting and causing stress to my pregnant wife, and jumping in and dislodging the G4 Barricuda cleaner(with leaf attachment).

As far as Japan, last time played to less..never will achieve 10 nights, 500k in Tokyo Dome like 89.
As far as US, a uneventful tour overshadowed by U2, Macca, Nick/Jessica break-up, and canceling of the "Simple Life". As predicted correctly, no Gold album yet(379k USA), no real sell-outs, and only through the efforts of young jake Cohl and the great people at the Rolling Stone Fan Club, have we been able to fill up most of the venues. U2 will shatter the VL gross , and we, absent more shows and higher ticket prices, shall finish second to these Irish wankers!!! (see also Robbie Williams single day ticket sale record, AMA humiliation, "Rarities" fuck job, )...On a happy note, every show I attended was great!!! Loud guitars, great performances, picks, drum-sticks, etc........and most of all, meeting the great people on the boards!!! May Christ fill your lives with goodwill, good health, and love for all.
[Edited by jb]
December 8th, 2005 11:44 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Some of the best Stones boots come from Japanese shows!"

Amen . Toyko '90 has the BEST live version of " Almost Hear You Sigh " that I have ever heard .

J.

Joey their playing Omaha....how many foreign markets can they do?.....lol
December 8th, 2005 11:46 AM
Joey " Joey their playing Omaha....how many foreign markets can they do?"

December 8th, 2005 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
It was a Dolce and Gabbana cashmere sweater....I bought a $8.00 "shaver" to remove the little fur balls that form on sweaters, and moronically, decided to test it on one of my more expensive sweaters..I pressed down to hard, and it looked like someone used an idustrial hole puncher on it...I became so angry, I ripped it to shreads, jumped in the pool, and threatened to hit myself with a hard object. My wife, startled by the noise, stated "I can't handle this while I'm pregnant"..she further stated that is was totally inappropriate behavior at anytime, and that to test this new "toy" on an expensive sweater was very poor judgment. I am very upset at the loss of the sweater, upsetting and causing stress to my pregnant wife, and jumping in and dislodging the G4 Barricuda cleaner(with leaf attachment).

As far as Japan, last time played to less..never will achieve 10 nights, 500k in Tokyo Dome like 89.
As far as US, a uneventful tour overshadowed by U2, Macca, Nick/Jessica break-up, and canceling of the "Simple Life". As predicted correctly, no Gold album yet(379k USA), no real sell-outs, and only through the efforts of young jake Cohl and the great people at the Rolling Stone Fan Club, have we been able to fill up most of the venues. U2 will shatter the VL gross , and we, absent more shows and higher ticket prices, shall finish second to these Irish wankers!!! (see also Robbie Williams single day ticket sale record, AMA humiliation, "Rarities" fuck job, )...On a happy note, every show I attended was great!!! Loud guitars, great performances, picks, drum-sticks, etc........and most of all, meeting the great people on the boards!!! May Christ fill your lives with goodwill, good health, and love for all.
[Edited by jb]

Ladies & Gentlemen ..............................

Did you all read the above post ?!?!

DID YOU READ IT ... ?!?!?!

...now THAT is postin' my friends .

Well Done Baby Josh

J. " Snuggles " Fly !!!! ®
December 8th, 2005 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey their playing Omaha....how many foreign markets can they do?"

Has anyone seen my old friend Baby Steelie? Fiji? Wild Thing?
December 8th, 2005 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Has anyone seen my old friend Baby Steelie?

Has anybody here seen my old friend Steelie ?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Steelie, Martin and John.

[ Edited by Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
December 8th, 2005 11:59 AM
jb "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere"......Hey Joey, did Pug tell you about his 8hr drive to Memphis, his staying at a low cost hotel 95 miles outside of the city, his dad having 4 breakfeast burritos for only $1.00 a piece, etc?
December 8th, 2005 12:01 PM
Joey " Joey, did Pug tell you about his 8hr drive to Memphis, his staying at a low cost hotel 95 miles outside of the city, his dad having 4 breakfeast burritos for only $1.00 a piece ...... "

[Edited by Joey]
December 8th, 2005 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey, did Pug tell you about his 8hr drive to Memphis, his staying at a low cost hotel 95 miles outside of the city, his dad having 4 breakfeast burritos for only $1.00 a piece ...... "

[Edited by Joey]

Let's just say "Alfred's " on Beale street had a lot of toilet tissue used that evening!!!!
December 8th, 2005 12:06 PM
Joey " Let's just say "Alfred's " on Beale street had a lot of toilet tissue used that evening!!!!"

December 8th, 2005 12:11 PM
jb We deserve to be recognized far more thaqn Lennon...Mick, Keith, Charlie, Bill, Mick T and even Ronnie did more for rock than those insects ever did....Sadly, our society tends to immoprtlizr those who are taken young or violently(see James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Lennon, Ldy Di) while discarding the unmatchable contributions the Stones have contributed to rock(see AMA awards, Rarities, GITD, Free-Jack, SARS with JT, etc!!!).
December 8th, 2005 12:14 PM
Joey " Sadly, our society tends to immoprtlizr those who are taken young or violently(see James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Lennon, Ldy Di) while discarding the unmatchable contributions the Stones have contributed to rock(see AMA awards, Rarities, GITD, Free-Jack, SARS with JT, etc!!!)."

December 8th, 2005 12:24 PM
jb Did Mexico and South America sell out? I know many here were begging for shows as the South Americans and our friends in Mexico are the greatest fans...how many sell outs and how many 2nd show add-on's?
[Edited by jb]
December 8th, 2005 12:25 PM
Joey " Did Mexico and South America sell out? I know many here were begging for shows as the South Americans are the greatest fans...how many sell outs and how many 2nd show add-on's?"

www.U2Tours.com

December 8th, 2005 12:29 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, Young Jake has realized that we (true stones fans) are a dwindling number, as evident by the many on this board who have proclaimed they shall not attend another show. The only logical move was to end the US tour as fast as possible without adding dates. THe concert is in the black now and they shall prepare to play for significantly less money as the rest of the world does not see fit to pay the stones the same amount that the US Fans and Canadian fans do. Sadly, with the US fan base dwindling, it will be nearly impossible to tour Europe/Asia again after the ABB tour....it will not be profitable!

???? OF COURSE another tour would be profitable. It may not be AS profitable. They could easily turn a profit on $50-100 tickets by why do that if they could charge so much more.

I am fairly confident barring death or a major health crisis they will be back in the fall or perhaps a year or two later.
December 8th, 2005 12:34 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

???? OF COURSE another tour would be profitable. It may not be AS profitable. They could easily turn a profit on $50-100 tickets by why do that if they could charge so much more.

I am fairly confident barring death or a major health crisis they will be back in the fall or perhaps a year or two later.

A return is only imminent if more $$$ is needed to meet guarantee and overcome huge deficit to U2.
December 8th, 2005 12:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Charlie looks very ill
December 8th, 2005 12:55 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:
Charlie looks very ill

And it appears he gave his full blessing for the band to carry on without him.
December 8th, 2005 12:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

And it appears he gave his full blessing for the band to carry on without him.

Yes , see John Entwistle of THE WHO ( circa 2002 )

[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)